ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tidbit from

You said "so a player dropping from in the rotation would be effected even in your world, which is my entire point."

I said, and have said, and will say again, really slowly this time so that maybe you can understand it, the player has already been dropped from the rotation. If they had another good player right now it wouldn't drop Jeffress from the rotation, because he's already been dropped. He now basically plays only when it is absolutely necessary.

Bringing in someone who is better than him doesn't drop him from a rotation he's already been dropped from. We have a seven player rotation with him here. We could easily have an eight or even a nine player rotation, like Jeff Capel prefers, and it wouldn't change Jeffress' role by any appreciable amount.
Yep. You proved that you missed the point.

I know this will land me right back on message board geniuses again...but I don't care I'm going for it...

If we keep the team together (no transfers or Bub going pro) I think Pitt will be a legitimate contender for a conference title and a potential final four threat next year. Losing Hinson is tough but if Kante can be a legit big man center and we start three guards with Ish, Bub and Lowe we should be able to hang with anyone next year. Especially since those three and Austin are legit three point threats. Not to mention the Diaz brothers on the bench.

I'm not saying we will be top ten all season or anything like that. But saying we should be a legit higher seed come the NCAAT and with that could make a run to the Elite 8 or Final Four. Especially if we can imrove our SOR especially in our nonconference schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: 121rum
I know this will land me right back on message board geniuses again...but I don't care I'm going for it...

If we keep the team together (no transfers or Bub going pro) I think Pitt will be a legitimate contender for a conference title and a potential final four threat next year. Losing Hinson is tough but if Kante can be a legit big man center and we start three guards with Ish, Bub and Lowe we should be able to hang with anyone next year. Especially since those three and Austin are legit three point threats. Not to mention the Diaz brothers on the bench.

I'm not saying we will be top ten all season or anything like that. But saying we should be a legit higher seed come the NCAAT and with that could make a run to the Elite 8 or Final Four. Especially if we can imrove our SOR especially in our nonconference schedule.
I honestly agree, a huge thing is that Pitt will start the season with their identity and chemistry pretty much figured out. The last two seasons have finished awesome but started slow because those elements weren't figured out until pretty much conference play. If Pitt played this whole season like they have been playing since the Duke game, we'd around 14-6ish in conference and 24-7ish overall and would be looking at comfortably being a single digit seed.

I still think they need to add a power forward from the portal for depth. Its not a direct replacement for Blake (will be difficult to replace his three point shooting) but they need a guy who can shoot a bit and be more of a force inside than Blake.

Unless there is dramatic improvement from Fede and the Twins and Kante makes an immediate impact (not likely) they need to retool a bit.

Yep. You proved that you missed the point.

I think what I proved was that you either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are so bad at expressing your opinion that you type things that aren't what you actually think.

Or it could be both. There's probably a pretty good chance that it's both.

I think what I proved was that you either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are so bad at expressing your opinion that you type things that aren't what you actually think.

Or it could be both. There's probably a pretty good chance that it's both.
LOL. So you can't understand what I'm saying yet you argue to the death. Funny.

LOL. So you can't understand what I'm saying yet you argue to the death. Funny.

I have no problem understanding what you are saying. What you are saying is simply wrong.

Unless your argument is that I don't understand how someone could be so obviously wrong, and so oblivious to that fact. If that's what you are trying to say then yeah, I guess I don't understand that.

I have no problem understanding what you are saying. What you are saying is simply wrong.

Unless your argument is that I don't understand how someone could be so obviously wrong, and so oblivious to that fact. If that's what you are trying to say then yeah, I guess I don't understand that.
No. You don't understand my point. Your posts prove that you're arguing against some strawman point that I never made. Just stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT