ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State game would be 3:10 Friday

Should be 3:16 so we can kick their ass.

QueasyJubilantAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

I see now that we play Miss. St. at 1PM Tuesday. If we win that one, we play ISU at 1:00PM Friday, 3/17.

Yeah, that's a good find. The NCAA has clearly decided to play every game of the tournament at 1:00 in the afternoon.

That's really going to screw up the television coverage, and it's going to make when four games are going on on the same court at the same time really interesting. But hey, try something new, I say.

Or you should look somewhere that has the actual times rather than just listing all the games at 1:00. That might work better.

Blake Hinson would be very motivated against iowa st I would think
Yea I was thinking the same thing. Good game for him to go off and knock down a bunch of 3’s. Getting Miss St/Iowa State, and Xavier I feel is about as good of a matchup that an 11 seed in a play in game can get playing a 6 and 3 seed on the first weekend of the tourney. Might work out quite well for Pitt.

Was watching the Inside College Basketball breakdown show on CBS Sports last night and Jon Rothstein, Chris Walker, and Wally Szczerbiak all picked Pitt to beat Miss St in the First Four and they all said Pitt has a decent shot to beat Iowa State as well on Friday in Greensboro. I said it earlier on here that I like that Greensboro is the site where Pitt is playing if they advance. It’s a familiar gym from a week ago, they will feel comfortable walking in there as it won’t be foreign territory for them, and they will want to avenge the humiliating loss at the hands of Duke that happened on that exact court from last week. So don’t know how much of an advantage that will be over Iowa State but I definitely don’t think it will hurt either.

I’m too lazy to find it out there and this thread went off course (like most)

But bottom line;

Play 9:10 Tuesday

Win and play 3:10 Fri.

Is this correct??
The only caveat is that the opening game will go to double OT and our game won’t start until 10:15. I’m like 80% sure that will happen.

What kind of ratings does the ncaa get for that early game anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever watched one and I can’t be the exception. Most people haven’t even filled out their brackets yet and won’t do so for another 24-36 hours.

Move the 1st game up to 5pm and play the 2nd one at 8pm. If they can start Thursday games at 12:08 pm, they can play the Tuesday games between 2 #16 low majors at 5pm.

Reactions: FireballZ
The only caveat is that the opening game will go to double OT and our game won’t start until 10:15. I’m like 80% sure that will happen.

What kind of ratings does the ncaa get for that early game anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever watched one and I can’t be the exception. Most people haven’t even filled out their brackets yet and won’t do so for another 24-36 hours.

Move the 1st game up to 5pm and play the 2nd one at 8pm. If they can start Thursday games at 12:08 pm, they can play the Tuesday games between 2 #16 low majors at 5pm.

Was just thinking the same…at least a 9:45 type start.

At least IF we win, there is an extra day in there.

Was just thinking the same…at least a 9:45 type start.

At least IF we win, there is an extra day in there.
I was thinking about that extra day and wondering how that impacts Pitt today. Yesterday Capel said the team had a light practice and then the travel today. This and only finding out their opponent 14 hours ago. So they may get 1 practice this evening for Miss St. JC said their biggest problem of late is not being able to practice because of injuries and wear and tear. And they won’t have much practice in for this one either.

Nice. He and Spanarkel might be the best announce team.
Yea hopefully we will get a chance to hear him do Pitt’s game he is one of the best for sure . I think he called the Pitt Xavier game back in 2010 when Pitt lost to them for the right to go to the Sweet 16.

So, Iowa State is 19-13 and 9-9 in the Big 12, so why is Pitt (22-11, 14-6) in the play in game, and they are a 6 seed? Make it make sense?

So, Iowa State is 19-13 and 9-9 in the Big 12, so why is Pitt (22-11, 14-6) in the play in game, and they are a 6 seed? Make it make sense?
Just losing in the Big 12 carries much more weight

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Unfortunately, we are stuck with Tom McCarthy announcing on Tuesday night. If you're a Phillies fan, you likely feel how I do...

Because records don’t matter. When the NCAA adds conference record to criteria, then your question will hold water. But right now conference records aren’t part of it, so they’re irrelevant.

Yeah, that's a good find. The NCAA has clearly decided to play every game of the tournament at 1:00 in the afternoon.

That's really going to screw up the television coverage, and it's going to make when four games are going on on the same court at the same time really interesting. But hey, try something new, I say.

Or you should look somewhere that has the actual times rather than just listing all the games at 1:00. That might work better.
All games at the same time -- that's MARCH MADNESS!!!

We're gonna have our hands full with Miss St. They play tough defense, they rebound and attack the rim on offense and on the offensive boards.

Reactions: nycpanther98
I was thinking about that extra day and wondering how that impacts Pitt today. Yesterday Capel said the team had a light practice and then the travel today. This and only finding out their opponent 14 hours ago. So they may get 1 practice this evening for Miss St. JC said their biggest problem of late is not being able to practice because of injuries and wear and tear. And they won’t have much practice in for this one either.
Well...if you consider the game from Thursday, we already have an extra day of rest.

• Haha
Reactions: PittPanther44

I’m in a box pool that includes the play-in games, so I’ll be watching (at least the last 2 minutes of) that first game.

Virginia, Miami, UNC Twice, NC State, Northwestern by 30, Syracuse Twice, how does that hurt?
Dude... Wins over Miami/UVA/UNCx2/NCSU/NW and especially Syracuse.... are not anywhere near as impressive as wins over Kansas/Texas/Baylorx3/KSU/TCU.

Kansas is way better than Miami
Texas is WAY BETTER than UVA
Baylor is WAY WAY WAY BETTER than UNC
KSU is WAY WAY WAY better than NCSU
and TCU is way better than NW.

And almost every other win ISU had is better than beating Syracuse.

Reactions: Drew1208
Dude... Wins over Miami/UVA/UNCx2/NCSU/NW and especially Syracuse.... are not anywhere near as impressive as wins over Kansas/Texas/Baylorx3/KSU/TCU.

Kansas is way better than Miami
Texas is WAY BETTER than UVA
Baylor is WAY WAY WAY BETTER than UNC
KSU is WAY WAY WAY better than NCSU
and TCU is way better than NW.

And almost every other win ISU had is better than beating Syracuse.
How do we know, they never played each other, or do we just accept the NET scores as fact?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT