ADVERTISEMENT

Is Flacco performance a preview of what Mason will look like Monday?

Depends on the weather and the running game. I’m a big believer that Mason hasn’t really had to step up and play yet. The running game has carried them even with his 3 fumbles in the Baltimore monsoon. It felt as though if he didn’t make something happen on that TD drive, Tomlin was going to KP for a spark.

The Bengals defense was neutered and without their stud DL.

The Seahawks had no run defense. I swear we got of run 100% rushing plays and still won.

Baltimore rested their key players and it was played in terrible conditions.

I can’t fault Mason for the situation but he really lucked into playing at a great time. Mitch did too but he found a way to suck.

One has nothing to do with the other. I suspect the Mason Mojo will end tomorrow. Steeler Nation is caught in the hype, and the loss of Watt is a serious setback.

Reactions: NCPitt
Mason doesn't have Stefanski calling plays for him. I feel like he set Flacco up to fail yesterday.

On the other hand, I don't have a ton of confidence in the guys calling the plays for Mason, either.

Funny to me that in Mason’s first go-around, the big knock on him (even above letting himself get hit over the head with his own helmet) was that he was “a statue in the pocket.”

Now, after those three games, Mason’s biggest strength is that he’s “a statue in the pocket.”

Go Pitt.

That second INT is on Stepanski. They are still in the game in the 3rd quarter and he goes for it on his own 30. Punt the ball with your so called vaunted D of course Garrett took the day off.

Funny to me that in Mason’s first go-around, the big knock on him (even above letting himself get hit over the head with his own helmet) was that he was “a statue in the pocket.”

Now, after those three games, Mason’s biggest strength is that he’s “a statue in the pocket.”

Go Pitt.
Shoosh. How dare you bring something like that up!

It’s pretty simple. If Mason gets the protection he’s had and the Steelers can run the ball he’ll continue to play well. If not he’ll be Flaccod. Flacco was bad because the Texas pressured him and they shut down cleavlands run game

Let's face it. Mason isn't a starter in the NFL and never was. He's serviceable as a good back-up and has proven that. Today, the Stillers will prove their lack of talent in the skill positions, including QB. It's already getting to blowout status i the first quarter.

Maybe the Stillers might score a TD or FG. But Buffalo is just too good and should win by 4 TD's. Our defense isn't up to stopping Allen. He'll pick apart our weak secondary.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT