ADVERTISEMENT

Is peduto screwing us again?

tetonpanther

Freshman
Sep 26, 2005
After the FSU game I noticed no police directing traffic out of Oakland. None. None up by Tower Vue where I park. None on Centre .None in the heart of Oakland. We always had a policeman directing traffic out of Tower Vue. What happened? This could suck Friday without police presence.

After the FSU game I noticed no police directing traffic out of Oakland. None. None up by Tower Vue where I park. None on Centre .None in the heart of Oakland. We always had a policeman directing traffic out of Tower Vue. What happened? This could suck Friday without police presence.
Peduto is responsible for police assignments? Let’s blame Heather Lyke for stale popcorn while we are at it.

I would think that public roads are monitored by the local police. DeSoto down to Fifth and through Fifth is the real bottleneck and can be taken care of for the hour or so after a game by 3 police. I do not know of anyone is to blame but may have simply been a miscommunication or no communication at all regarding it. If it happens again shame on Pitt and the City!

We had no problem at all. O'hara garage. Lots of action on Desoto as that gentleman collapsed. Parameds, etc. Hope he's OK. Friday will be different with the John Deere's and old school buses converted into RVs..

He and his family used to sit by my old seats at the Pete. He's a fan of Pitt hoops.

Pitt police can also direct traffic on the roads surrounded by 132 acres in Oakland. I've seen them do it. Pitt has 100 officers including nine(?) on motorcycle.

Peduto screws a lot of people. Not just us. Unless you are an illegal immigrant, unemployed, or ride a bike.

Peduto's biggest political "opposition" in the city is actually from his left (the school board to an extent, Deb Gross, Chelsa Wagner, affordable housing activists, Summer Lee's UNITE PAC, DSA, SEIU.) Basically people who criticize his close relationship with Walnut Capital, withdrawing the Ravensthal-initiated UPMC tax lawsuit, the Amazon bid, the fact that the city loses three African Americans per day mostly to the less expensive eastern suburbans. For the most part only suburbanites are critics to his right and they can't vote him out, so he doesn't really care what they say except when he's in the mood to argue with them on Twitter.

Reactions: NTOP
Peduto's biggest political "opposition" in the city is actually from his left (the school board to an extent, Deb Gross, Chelsa Wagner, affordable housing activists, Summer Lee's UNITE PAC, DSA, SEIU.) Basically people who criticize his close relationship with Walnut Capital, withdrawing the Ravensthal-initiated UPMC tax lawsuit, the Amazon bid, the fact that the city loses three African Americans per day mostly to the less expensive eastern suburbans. For the most part only suburbanites are critics to his right and they can't vote him out, so he doesn't really care what they say except when he's in the mood to argue with them on Twitter.
Deb advocates for her district and people afraid of getting priced out of where they lived for a long time- due to the east end booming .

You may be surprised how reasonable she is on most issues.
(She is my neighbor )

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Deb advocates for her district and people afraid of getting priced out of where they lived for a long time- due to the east end booming .

You may be surprised how reasonable she is on most issues.
(She is my neighbor )

She's my favorite city council person, good to hear she's probably a good neighbor too.

Does Pitt have to request and pay for police presence to control the traffic? In Los Angeles, that is the case. If it's also true in Pittsburgh, Pitt determines how much traffic control there will be.

As an aside, but on a parallel matter: In Barcelona, the soccer club has to pay 100% of the cost of keeping the Metro open two extra hours after every Barca night game. Most of the stations usually close at Midnight. On soccer nights, every station remain open until 2 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT