ADVERTISEMENT

It’s baack…Euro Super League

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
My club was most responsible for nixing it the first time around but it’s not going away. And now I don’t even know if my club would qualify? Lol.

My club was most responsible for nixing it the first time around but it’s not going away. And now I don’t even know if my club would qualify? Lol.
It kind of parallels college football, like they want SEC and B1G to be a super league maybe, but if your team doesn't get in, are you going to watch the super league or wherever your team ends up.

Is Barcelona still spearheading?
Have you watched Barcelona this season? They shouldn’t be involved in any league with the word “super” in it. Seriously, in any venture which includes Florentino Perez of Real Madrid and La Porte, Perez is the man leading, pulling La Porte along by a nose ring.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I was wrong about the EuroLeague (basketball). I thought it was a Cup Competition. It is not. Its an 18 team, 34 game league that teams play in in addition to their domestic league. Some teams are in it indefinitely. Some teams can get kicked out and others promoted in. Its confusing. But I guess this is what the soccer Super League is supposed to be.

Is Barcelona still spearheading?
Aren't they broke or in huge debt? That would make sense, even if they aren't great now, trying to get paid off of name recognition, like USA college sports blue bloods do even when they're down.

I was wrong about the EuroLeague (basketball). I thought it was a Cup Competition. It is not. Its an 18 team, 34 game league that teams play in in addition to their domestic league. Some teams are in it indefinitely. Some teams can get kicked out and others promoted in. Its confusing. But I guess this is what the soccer Super League is supposed to be.
And even with the Euro league and domestic league and domestic league cups, those teams still play less than the NBA 82 games. I'm not sure how the
EuroBasket works, certain teams are always in it, I just figured it's because they dominate their local league? But one year Olympiacos got demoted to D2 in Greece for some sort of scandal, but still played in the main Euro league basketball.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juve enter into the super league and just play each other. Then claim the winner of the season and tourney is the best club in the world. Losers.

Aren't they broke or in huge debt? That would make sense, even if they aren't great now, trying to get paid off of name recognition, like USA college sports blue bloods do even when they're down.
I assume they are. But that’s just temporary. A club that bib won’t be broke for long.

It kind of parallels college football, like they want SEC and B1G to be a super league maybe, but if your team doesn't get in, are you going to watch the super league or wherever your team ends up.
I’d still watch because it would be the highest level of play in the world. But I wouldn’t be a die hard by any means. Would probably be like watching SEC football casually on a Saturday.

I’d still watch because it would be the highest level of play in the world. But I wouldn’t be a die hard by any means. Would probably be like watching SEC football casually on a Saturday.
I don't remember the last time I watched an SEC game, maybe the 70s :) unless Pitt was playing them :)

I don't remember the last time I watched an SEC game, maybe the 70s :) unless Pitt was playing them :)
That’s like me and MLB. I know for a fact that in the last 40 years I’ve watched one World Series game and that was Randy Johnson pitching vs the Yankees and that was only because it was on in a hotel bar where I was staying.

That’s like me and MLB. I know for a fact that in the last 40 years I’ve watched one World Series game and that was Randy Johnson pitching vs the Yankees and that was only because it was on in a hotel bar where I was staying.
I'm the same with MLB, every once in a while, I attend a game, just for a night out, but I have only watched the Pirates playoff games 2013-15 on TV and not any other games period. I may watch an inning or at bat sometimes but no other full games since 1993 outside those Buccos playoff games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT