ADVERTISEMENT

It Will Be Interesting

cruzer

All Conference
Jul 27, 2001
It will be interesting to hear what both Scott Barnes and Kevin Stallings say (and don't say) at the press conference introducing Stallings as the coach.

I'm really curious to hear if they address any of the obvious dissatisfaction coming from the fan base directly or if they completely ignore it. If I were them, I would address the issue directly. My guess is that they ignore it entirely and make believe everyone is happy. We'll see.

Cruzer

When is the presser?

The smart move is to get out in front of the issue of fan dissatisfaction before a question about it is asked, like Juhl did during his press conference last year.

The question of the incestuous search firm will also be asked.

ADs typically talk like stuffed suits in these situations. If I were Barnes, I'd be more direct and say something like this: "I think a lot of fans expected a young up and comer, unproven, but with potential. We considered those type of candidates too, but couldn't pass up a talented seasoned coach who was interested, so in that respect, fans may have been surprised with the hire and thus, a little disappointed. But the funny thing is, I looked at Twitter and the message boards on Saturday, and most fans were not impressed with most of the young mid-major names being tossed around, so you'd think they would digest it all and be glad we got a guy who is experienced and knows what he is doing."

If he says that Stalling was his first choice and he landed him maybe that is true. Someone conspiracy theoried earlier that the Miller fiasco was intentional and only an homage to the big donors. So that way Barnes could basically go after Stallings which was his target all along.

It will be interesting to hear what both Scott Barnes and Kevin Stallings say (and don't say) at the press conference introducing Stallings as the coach.

I'm really curious to hear if they address any of the obvious dissatisfaction coming from the fan base directly or if they completely ignore it. If I were them, I would address the issue directly. My guess is that they ignore it entirely and make believe everyone is happy. We'll see.

Cruzer

Stallings has to say that any coach that was hired is going to have to prove it with winning. That's now his job. Win the fans by winning games.

Barnes could say "When I said any AD worth his salt has a list, I didn't specify how many names were on it. Mine had one."

Cruzer

After all the initial dissatisfaction that came out on social media, it appears clear to me, that they made a organized effort to push back against that with many positive spins posted to social media

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT