ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Wentzel

He sure did. Jake won the ACC championship in an upset last year, and has really built on that for a strong season this year. A physically punishing wrestler.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Ive been thinking about his scouting report going into nationals some. I would have to think that most opponents are going to avoid being on bottom at all costs against him. But, then they also have to take him down. Not impossible but his scramble game is really strong too. It will be difficult to score on him for most opponents.

Guys like Bullard are his toughest matchups because those guys are strength on strength. His draw will be really important. Knowing Pitt and the NCAA, he'll probably get screwed with a high seed but terrible draw.

Ive been thinking about his scouting report going into nationals some. I would have to think that most opponents are going to avoid being on bottom at all costs against him. But, then they also have to take him down. Not impossible but his scramble game is really strong too. It will be difficult to score on him for most opponents.

Guys like Bullard are his toughest matchups because those guys are strength on strength. His draw will be really important. Knowing Pitt and the NCAA, he'll probably get screwed with a high seed but terrible draw.
Anything short of AA would be disappointing for him but Marinelli is not going to be afraid to take bottom, and riding out Keating is not the same as riding out Wittlake, Valencia, or even a guy like O'Toole.

Reactions: lucac
Anything short of AA would be disappointing for him but Marinelli is not going to be afraid to take bottom, and riding out Keating is not the same as riding out Wittlake, Valencia, or even a guy like O'Toole.
He also rode out Mehki Lewis. McFadden too last year. He can ride anyone. Will he ride everyone? Probably not, but its not off the table.

He also rode out Mehki Lewis. McFadden too last year. He can ride anyone. Will he ride everyone? Probably not, but its not off the table.

I wonder if we see Jake choose top in the third in an NCAA match, like he did against McFadden.

Reactions: persp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT