ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro Open

Silkky1982

Redshirt
Mar 24, 2021
Just notable results from yesterdays Edinboro Open:
Tyler Chappell- 5th Place, only loss was to eventual champion from Cornell.
Connor Swaim- 0-2
Jack Marlow- 0-2
Jack Pletcher- 2-2 DNP
Dylan Evans- 3-2 DNP
Brock McMillan- 2nd Place, 4-1, loss in finals 8-6 to a kid that majored Evans.
Grant McKay-5th Place, 4-1, Loss to eventual runner up

**** does anyone know how close the match is between Keslar and McMillan? Just wondering cause Brock looks like he’s starting to put it together finally and possibly be the guy we thought we were getting from the beginning.

Connor Swaim- 0-2
Jack Marlow- 0-2
Jack Pletcher- 2-2 DNP
Dylan Evans- 3-2 DNP

**** does anyone know how close the match is between Keslar and McMillan? Just wondering cause Brock looks like he’s starting to put it together finally and possibly be the guy we thought we were getting from the beginning.
I would assume, based on what we have seen in opens and B/G night that all of our 157's have close matches with each other. But since Keslar has gone unchallenged as the guy in dual meets I would assume that he is consistently beating everyone else in the room. Otherwise I would be very confused on how nobody else has gotten a look

Reactions: Silkky1982
Connor Swaim- 0-2
Jack Marlow- 0-2
Jack Pletcher- 2-2 DNP
Dylan Evans- 3-2 DNP

I'm not throwing shade at Brock, but you're way off track here. He was a 3x state champ and consensus top 100 recruit who looked awesome as a freshman but has been nowhere near that level since (it was reported here that that was due to non-injury health problems). I'm glad he is at Pitt and think he can contribute a lot in the future, but beating four 2nd/3rd-string wrestlers and losing to a guy from a community college is hardly an awe-inspiring performance. He has no good wins on the year, and three losses to guys who are only going to NCAAs if they buy a ticket.

Fair enough assessment. I was just wondering, especially considering that you’re not wrong with the competition and the community college kid. but that community college kid just majored one of our number one recruits of this past class and as far as I saw Kessler and Evans goes in to sudden victory when they wrestled. so that’s why I was wondering. And I really wasn’t questioning why he wasn’t starting because obviously the coaches see every day and know who’s best. it just got me thinking will Brock get back to his freshman year and really contribute to this team.

Reactions: persp
Connor Swaim- 0-2
Jack Marlow- 0-2
Jack Pletcher- 2-2 DNP
Dylan Evans- 3-2 DNP

I am hearing a different name pushing Keslar in the room and travelled with team to Duke on Friday. Also hearing rumors of a 157 or two potentially transferring. Wouldnt surprise as they have a good number of wrestlers from 141-157.

I am hearing a different name pushing Keslar in the room and travelled with team to Duke on Friday. Also hearing rumors of a 157 or two potentially transferring. Wouldnt surprise as they have a good number of wrestlers from 141-157.
I don't know if the name you are talking about is the same I am thinking of, but I noticed a certain 157 on the bench at NCST who beat another Pitt 157 earlier in the year. I would expect to see some transfers between 141-157 just based on how many wrestlers we have and the fact that I expect Ant to be the starting 141 for as long as he wants

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT