ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin is a dirtbag

Well everyone knows that when a team is way down and the game is late players aren’t playing with the same intensity anymore. It’s good sportsmanship to call off the dogs and just keep it on the ground. Someday James from State College is going to be the guy that is down. If someone kicks him in the throat while he is down he better not whine about it.
I don't think Penn State is holding anything back before their annual pillow fight with arch rival Rutgers.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Yes he is but I think sportsmanship in terms of not running the score up is overrated. Yes, I know 99% of the world thinks running the score up is a bad thing but is it really? Why should the team ahead give up? Its one thing to leave your first stringers in there but why cant your 2nd string play "real football" when they are in there. And PSU is playing for a CFP bid. Like it or not, margin of victory counts in the subconsciousness of voters. 63-10 looks a lot more impressive than 42-10
Sorry. I get the thoughts both ways. But please when we do that or when someone does it to Penn State don’t come back posting and whining about it. Franklin is a total asshole regardless of running up scores. He got away with a lot of crap at Vandy but the Deliverance crap out of Happy Valley has protected him so far.

When did anyone decide it was a douche move to run up the score? Seriously?

Shit at least the 30 or so years that I’ve paid attention to college football...

In fact any suggestion it’s NOT a douche move is what would be “new”....it wasn’t cool when Cooper did it at Ohio State either....

It is a douchie move, the defense is expecting run it’s extra easy to pass.

Do you block your sons shot in basketball into his face when he is 5 years old?? Of course not, well unless you’re a douche

It is a douchie move, the defense is expecting run it’s extra easy to pass.

Do you block your sons shot in basketball into his face when he is 5 years old?? Of course not, well unless you’re a douche
I blocked his shot because that's the real world.

Reactions: bdur76
Franklin’s a dirtbag, there’s no question. What he did against Pitt, challenging the fumble, was a douche move. Running up the score, it is what it is. His second string was in, and they need experience. Kent State got their check, that’s why they were there. They weren’t there to win the game. Anybody that thinks differently is crazy. Who on this board would have taken Kent State straight up to win? Right, no one.

The way that the college football playoff is set up encourages running up the score. When PSU didn’t make the playoffs two years ago, pretty much because they lost to Pitt, it sealed the fate of the rivalry forever. I can’t say I blame them, although I wish the rivalry would continue.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Pitt was in a position to run the score up? We would all love it.

Franklin’s a dirtbag, there’s no question. What he did against Pitt, challenging the fumble, was a douche move. Running up the score, it is what it is. His second string was in, and they need experience. Kent State got their check, that’s why they were there. They weren’t there to win the game. Anybody that thinks differently is crazy. Who on this board would have taken Kent State straight up to win? Right, no one.

The way that the college football playoff is set up encourages running up the score. When PSU didn’t make the playoffs two years ago, pretty much because they lost to Pitt, it sealed the fate of the rivalry forever. I can’t say I blame them, although I wish the rivalry would continue.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Pitt was in a position to run the score up? We would all love it.
Last time Pitt did any running up maybe was against Army when Jackie pasted them....the Generals were so pissed they dropped Pitt from the schedule.

Would be nice if they’re no longer sore West Point would be a beautiful home / home.

When PSU didn’t make the playoffs two years ago, pretty much because they lost to Pitt, it sealed the fate of the rivalry forever. I can’t say I blame them, although I wish the rivalry would continue.

I don't think that's the case at all. PSU extended the series with us after they got hit with the sanctions. They, like the rest of the world, believed that PSU would be uncompetitive for the next 5-10 years, so no sense in scheduling aggressively. I don't think anyone expected PSU to bounce back that quickly, PSU included.

Today, they are very competitive, and are in the CFP conversation every year, so they have to schedule very carefully. If anything, I think the 2017 game is what really sealed the fate of this series.

That year they beat us, but got no respect for it. It pretty much proved that scheduling teams below you does nothing for you. Beat them and you get no credit, but lose to them and it destroys your resume. Why schedule an opponent like that?

Reactions: odshowtime
Look, I understand running it up on pitt. Narduzzi basically asked for it with all the taunting.

Running it up on Kent state though? Why the hell, up 49-10 with 6 minutes left are you throwing go routes with your backup qb?

What a complete jack wad.

Right now with Stevens still on the shelf, Clifford is one snap away from having to take over. He's also a redshirt freshman that hasn't taken a snap in a college game until 9 days ago. Whether you like Franklin or not, sending Clifford out there to hand off is not going to make him better or the team better in the event Clifford is needed.

Yes, it's bad competition but it's live reps any coach should want an opportunity for their backup to take. Put the kid in different situations and see how he reacts. The long 95 yd TD pass was to a true freshman that will likely redshirt with two other freshman wideouts on the field, and using the backup OL as protection.

How many people on this board were complaining last year when we beat Rice 42-10. Max Browne had a great day and threw a touchdown with 4 minutes left in the game after he passed his way down the field. He got pulled after that and DiNucci threw twice with under two minutes left in the game. I seem to remember the board being pretty happy after that game. Does that make HCPN a douche as well. Every team runs it up if they can. Isn't this also the same board that complained we didn't score on Albany in the second half of s blow out

Wrong on so many fronts..
Without looking back, I think PITT was up by 14 or so going into the fourth quarter..
Max had 3 games under his belt as a starter and Ben as a back up..
McDouche is he a fifth year senior...

Without looking back, I think PITT was up by 14 or so going into the fourth quarter..
Penn State almost blew a large 4Q lead by slowing down and almost blew the season for it. They will score until it hits 0 and give the 3rd string QB actual reps. Handing off and punting is ancient football today. Kent State got paid to lose. They are doing everything they can to break in all the new full time players before they need to play OSU. Look at any big time program, they score almost at will because they are better in every way. To be mad a school that isn't us scored a lot on another school that isn't us is pathetic and proof some people can't focus on what matters.

Reactions: indynittany

I'm 100 percent correct. It was 28-10 going into the 4th quarter and we scored to go up 35-10 with about 12 minutes left. Game basically over. We get the ball back with 9 minutes left and Browne passes 8 out of 9 plays including throwing a touch down to go up 42-10. We force a three and out and in comes DiNucci with minute and change left and he runs on the first play and throws incomplete on the next two.

Every team runs up the score

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Penn State almost blew a large 4Q lead by slowing down and almost blew the season for it. They will score until it hits 0 and give the 3rd string QB actual reps. Handing off and punting is ancient football today. Kent State got paid to lose. They are doing everything they can to break in all the new full time players before they need to play OSU. Look at any big time program, they score almost at will because they are better in every way. To be mad a school that isn't us scored a lot on another school that isn't us is pathetic and proof some people can't focus on what matters.

Who's mad ? Throwing a ball to wide open wr down field proves nothing...

Who's mad ? Throwing a ball to wide open wr down field proves nothing...

If it was that easy everyone would do it. I've seen plenty of Pro quarterbacks miss wide open receivers. The throw Clifford made against us was a nice throw. If you looked at the throw against Kent State he set it up with a great pump fake.

I'd also say it's the other teams job to make sure the receiver isn't wide open

Reactions: indynittany
If it was that easy everyone would do it. I've seen plenty of Pro quarterbacks miss wide open receivers. The throw Clifford made against us was a nice throw. If you looked at the throw against Kent State he set it up with a great pump fake.

I'd also say it's the other teams job to make sure the receiver isn't wide open

No argument on the play I guess.. all I saw was channel 4 news sports segment.
No argument either on whether Franky is a dick.. he's a dick.

Obsess.. not hardly.. this is a PITT forum and for some reason a nitter is here.
Say what you want.. Franky is a dick and if the shoe fits..
You're arguing w/ two Nits. Sadly, they didn't go away after the game. Most of them are mentally ill. They can justify rioting over a pedifile protector and they can justify hiring a rape enabling coach - you don't think they'll fight you tooth and nail to justify constantly and classlessly running up football scores?

Look, I understand running it up on pitt. Narduzzi basically asked for it with all the taunting.

Running it up on Kent state though? Why the hell, up 49-10 with 6 minutes left are you throwing go routes with your backup qb?

Karma is gonna be a bitch for this scum bag... much like it was with Saint JoePa. Lmao

You're arguing w/ two Nits. Sadly, they didn't go away after the game. Most of them are mentally ill. They can justify rioting over a pedifile protector and they can justify hiring a rape enabling coach - you don't think they'll fight you tooth and nail to justify constantly and classlessly running up football scores?

Maybe they where part of 25 grown adults chanting we are for the last 5 minutes and psu players were laughing and saying "those are some MF grown ass adults".. to see 20 year olds laugh at people that worship the ground they walk on is pitiful... after all we are...

Everyday another reason for perspective.. one thing constant.. IH8PSU !!

Reactions: FireballZ
I remember when we hired coach Graham and his first speach to Pitt was about a high octane offense scoring 50-60 points a game. There were a lot of people pissed here and saying he was a douche, and that no Pitt HC should be doing that. A lot of people printed and framed those comments because it made us all proud to be Panther fans. Imagine being a PSU fan now watching your team score 50+ points a game....wouldn't you stop following hte team and tell the university to fire the coach? Seriously, that is what we would want.

Well everyone knows that when a team is way down and the game is late players aren’t playing with the same intensity anymore. It’s good sportsmanship to call off the dogs and just keep it on the ground. Someday James from State College is going to be the guy that is down. If someone kicks him in the throat while he is down he better not whine about it.
Whine? Two years ago he cried a river because of hand-clapping.

I'd say he got even for the hand clapping and other "things!"If Franklin scored 50 on my Mountaineers I sure as heck wouldn't be mad at him for running up the score I'd be mad at Gibby for not stopping him.It's 2018 and it's stop us if you can football by the Big Guys.Does Saban or Urban call off the dogs?Darduzzi will have his chance to give Franklin karma next year in Beaver Stadium.

DnVvzqdW4AAiwxw.jpg

He’ll get his.. What goes around comes around !!

Franklin proved what goes around comes around.It's not like he hasn't been boat raced at Penn State!2015 Michigan State 55 Penn State 16,Mich St offensive lineman ran in the last TD for Michigan St.Fast forward to 2016 Penn St 45 Michigan St 12.
2016 Michigan 49 Penn State 10 but 2017 Penn State 42 Michigan 13.
Thats what you do when someone runs it up on you,you get even.So Pitt has their chance in 2019.

First of all, in the RPO, the defense tells the QB what option to take. So, when your third string QB goes in and runs the play the way he was taught, he should be commended. And when he's throwing the ball to a true freshman who's never seen the field before, that's a bonus.

You can't put young kids in and then tell them not to play! If McSorley was throwing to Tompkins, up 49-10, you'd have an argument. But under the circumstances, not so much.

Franklin is anything but a dirt bag. And challenging the fumble not only showed his prized 5*, true freshman RB that he has his back, it also told his entire organization that he was going to coach for 4 quarters and he expects them to compete for 4 quarters. After giving up 28 4th quarter points to App State and blowing leads against OSU and MSU last year, I'd say it's message he needed to send. Good coaching!

Last edited:
You can rationalize all you want, but Franklin is and was a slimy human deviant before this last corroborating incident. Coming here and testifying will not assuage your own doubts.

Winning is the only thing that matters, so who cares what Franklin is like? We had guys on the basketball board here last year that were willing to hire Rick Pitino when the search was looking particularly bleak. Other guys here recently put in votes for Lane Kiffin. Todd Graham actually was a coach for Pitt, for god's sake. Urban Meyer would get welcomed at Pitt with open arms.

If you want to play with the big boys, accept the fact that most of these coaches are jerks. In other words, everybody's got a jerk. Notre Dame has a jerk. Texas has a jerk. Ohio State has a jerk. Michigan has a kookie jerk. Michigan State has a jerk. There are more than a few people who think Dabo is a phony jerk. Belichick is perhaps the biggest jerk of them all.

In summary, there's nothing wrong with having a jerk that wins. The real losers are the ones that have a jerk, and don't win.

Reactions: fairgambit
I don't think that's the case at all. PSU extended the series with us after they got hit with the sanctions. They, like the rest of the world, believed that PSU would be uncompetitive for the next 5-10 years, so no sense in scheduling aggressively. I don't think anyone expected PSU to bounce back that quickly, PSU included.

Today, they are very competitive, and are in the CFP conversation every year, so they have to schedule very carefully. If anything, I think the 2017 game is what really sealed the fate of this series.

That year they beat us, but got no respect for it. It pretty much proved that scheduling teams below you does nothing for you. Beat them and you get no credit, but lose to them and it destroys your resume. Why schedule an opponent like that?
Ok nitter lol. I thought you don’t care about Pitt?

Yet, here u are

Reactions: daminals76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT