ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman- 6 Negative Pitt articles on ESPN front page in 10 days

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-How is that even possible? How is it even approved by ESPN? Not 2 or even 3, 6 !!! And why is Pitt in all these headlines during the NCAA Tournament?

-And he keeps running the same story over and over about how the entire team quit and is transferring out

-Today is about Hurley favoring Uconn again but not discussing any jobs right now. And how all our players left and we have nothing.

-Seriously, Something is seriously wrong with him and espn. What is he going to write about tommorow, that walkons quit the team too? Shake my head at this

Just hire a good coach and you’ll shut up bozos like the and Gorman

Hire another loser like stallings and Pitt deserves the ridicule

I think the whole Stallings/Dixon story has taken a life of its own. It’s gives lazy writers something to harp on without really having to put any effort into yet it becomes powerful click bait.

If he's put up 6 articles in a week on ESPN and none are about King James, Duke or the Yankees, he'll be fired soon so who cares.

this dude seems to really hate pitt, I mean above and beyond. Did we do something to him? did one of you guys bang his wife or something and accidentally leave a pitt script hat under his bed or something?

Guy needs to relax a bit on his vendetta against us..

-There are 6 lead stories on ESPN college basketball, and Pitt has 2 of them right now. The worst team in P5 with no players with the NCAA Tournament going on has 33% of the top stories in all of college basketball.

-Go Pitt

The narrative building, that Pitt does not honor contracts/ everybody’s leaving could derail the whole process of getting a good coach to commit.

True, many sports writers are lazy but the damage they can do when they smell an easy target and can generate X number of words is no less a problem.... like possibly to PITT
I think the whole Stallings/Dixon story has taken a life of its own. It’s gives lazy writers something to harp on without really having to put any effort into yet it becomes powerful click bait.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
-How is that even possible? How is it even approved by ESPN? Not 2 or even 3, 6 !!! And why is Pitt in all these headlines during the NCAA Tournament?

-And he keeps running the same story over and over about how the entire team quit and is transferring out

-Today is about Hurley favoring Uconn again but not discussing any jobs right now. And how all our players left and we have nothing.

-Seriously, Something is seriously wrong with him and espn. What is he going to write about tommorow, that walkons quit the team too? Shake my head at this

Isn't Goodman a Arizona fan or a "Sean Miller Fan?" He might be getting scared and trying to control the narrative.

Isn't Goodman a Arizona fan or a "Sean Miller Fan?" He might be getting scared and trying to control the narrative.

This is it. He trolled us hard two years ago. He is disgusted that lowly Pitt might have the audacity to hire away his coach. He's probably hoping his articles can somehow sway Sean Miller away from Pitt. Really crappy behavior from a "journalist".

The narrative building, that Pitt does not honor contracts/ everybody’s leaving could derail the whole process of getting a good coach to commit.

True, many sports writers are lazy but the damage they can do when they smell an easy target and can generate X number of words is no less a problem.... like possibly to PITT
didn't we lower the buyout for Dixon in order for him to get to his "dream job" at his alma mater? Doesnt' that count for anything?

Goodman had a history of bashing Pitt and especially Jamie. Not sure why but was always the case. But if you at Goodman’s career path he just spent 3 months following Lavar Ball around Europe reporting on what he had for breakfast.

Well we could shut him up in a minute by just hiring the right guy and getting the program up to speed. Then he could go out and bash someone else and this will all be forgotten. News cycles are not very long these days.

ESPN is trending toward irrelevancy because of their various agendas. During the Tournament when no one is watching them at all, they just flail around.

Do they still even run their talking heads shows? I've not watched them in years.

Reactions: omega

Well we could shut him up in a minute by just hiring the right guy and getting the program up to speed. Then he could go out and bash someone else and this will all be forgotten. News cycles are not very long these days.

If we did hire Miller, I do think one of us should have to take turns watching him.

-I expect a full out bash from the Pittsburgh media and National media if its Miller. But thats alright...
We are screwed either way with local media. We go with a no name then the narrative will be we are cheap. If we go Miller it will be hiring a guy with a sketchy past. Matta is a cripple, I’m sure they’ll come up with something on Hurley.

No matter who we hire, Pittsburgh media will bash the hire. Zeise already has the speech for his show, he just will insert the name later.

ESPN is trending toward irrelevancy because of their various agendas. During the Tournament when no one is watching them at all, they just flail around.

Do they still even run their talking heads shows? I've not watched them in years.
They do. They are focused on telling white men (the most prevalent sports audience) they are all that is wrong with the world and should be forever apologetic for their existence.

We are screwed either way with local media. We go with a no name then the narrative will be we are cheap. If we go Miller it will be hiring a guy with a sketchy past. Matta is a cripple, I’m sure they’ll come up with something on Hurley.

No matter who we hire, Pittsburgh media will bash the hire. Zeise already has the speech for his show, he just will insert the name later.

I think Zeise is fair and objective when it comes to Pitt. His son is a Panther. He's definitely not anti-Pitt.

Id rather go out swinging then take the Stalling 2.0 route and go down further into the ocean into the quicksand at the bottom of the ocean on this sinking ship Barnes put us on.

If its Miller, so be it. Some people may want to be a punching bag, lose every conference game by 30, and go 0-19 again while everyone laughs at us. F that. Im switching sides with Miller before I become a constant punching bag.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Swervin27
I think Zeise is fair and objective when it comes to Pitt. His son is a Panther. He's definitely not anti-Pitt.
You haven’t listened to him. Guy wouldn’t say a positive word to save his life. He’s a clown, meathead yinzer.

Pitt could win the NC and he’d start his show off bashing pitt then bore his audience with stories of his rental car experience then finish his show talking about uconn women’s basketball.

You haven’t listened to him. Guy wouldn’t say a positive word to save his life. He’s a clown, meathead yinzer.
I don't think he is completely negative, but he dug in HARD for Stallings and has been wrong at every turn and won't give it up. The latter sentence is definitely right. I don't think anyone following Pitt knows less.

This is it. He trolled us hard two years ago. He is disgusted that lowly Pitt might have the audacity to hire away his coach. He's probably hoping his articles can somehow sway Sean Miller away from Pitt. Really crappy behavior from a "journalist".
You won’t find much angelic behavior among the journalism crowd. We rarely catch a break from the Pittsburgh media; why expect one from out-of-towners with an agenda?

He was criticized at the start of the year for being too pro-Pitt. Now he’s criticized for being anti-Pitt.

You won’t find much angelic behavior among the journalism crowd. We rarely catch a break from the Pittsburgh media; why expect one from out-of-towners with an agenda?
Pomp isn’t too bad towards pitt. Def not a cheerleader but he’s ok. Tough to tell on morning show. Dunlap just wants to annoy people, I wouldn’t even call him a contrarian, more just someone that gets off on being annoying.

Listening to zeise makes me want to steer my car head into oncoming traffic.

They do. They are focused on telling white men (the most prevalent sports audience) they are all that is wrong with the world and should be forever apologetic for their existence.

No.

Fine with me, as long as Hurley, Oats or Matta is who we get.

I'll puke if we hire Schmidt or Odom. Puke from both ends if it's anybody else.

We should do whatever it takes to get Miller for this reason.

Coach K 71 years old.
Roy Williams 67
Jim Boeheim 73

They can't coach forever and Miller is only 49 years old and one of the best recruiters in all of college basketball.

We should do whatever it takes to get Miller for this reason.

Coach K 71 years old.
Roy Williams 67
Jim Boeheim 73

They can't coach forever and Miller is only 49 years old and one of the best recruiters in all of college basketball.
Miller is an underachiever. He's yet to get to a final four at Arizona. That'd be like never getting to the elite 8 at Pitt or Vanderbilt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT