Hampton Roads, VA
2015Michigan10–36–23rd (East)W Citrus1112
2016Michigan10–37–23rd (East)L Orange1010
2017Michigan8–55–44th (East)L Outback
2018Michigan10–38–1T–1st (East)[178]L Peach1414
2019Michigan9–46–33rd (East)L Citrus1918
2020Michigan2–42–4
Michigan:49–2234–16

Would this be acceptable if it were another coach other than Jim Harbaugh making Harbaugh money?

I understand the frustration that this isn't what Michigan fans thought they were signing up for when they hired Jim Harbaugh. At the same time, I don't understand the thinking process that makes anyone so eager to make a change either. This is light years better than Brady Hoke or Rich Rod.

And FWIW, I'm not putting any stock in 2020. It was always played as means for schools to recoup money. It's unfolding as the joke almost everyone knew it would be. Unless a school has the means to land one of the big fish available, (Urban Meyer or Hugh Freeze) throwing a lot of money at a coaching change this season is borderline insanity. Only a poorly run athletic department would be tempted to pull the trigger.

2015Michigan10–36–23rd (East)W Citrus1112
2016Michigan10–37–23rd (East)L Orange1010
2017Michigan8–55–44th (East)L Outback
2018Michigan10–38–1T–1st (East)[178]L Peach1414
2019Michigan9–46–33rd (East)L Citrus1918
2020Michigan2–42–4
Michigan:49–2234–16

Would this be acceptable if it were another coach other than Jim Harbaugh making Harbaugh money?

I understand the frustration that this isn't what Michigan fans thought they were signing up for when they hired Jim Harbaugh. At the same time, I don't understand the thinking process that makes anyone so eager to make a change either. This is light years better than Brady Hoke or Rich Rod.

And FWIW, I'm not putting any stock in 2020. It was always played as means for schools to recoup money. It's unfolding as the joke almost everyone knew it would be. Unless a school has the means to land one of the big fish available, (Urban Meyer or Hugh Freeze) throwing a lot of money at a coaching change this season is borderline insanity. Only a poorly run athletic department would be tempted to pull the trigger.
0-5 is his most meaningful record.

Different standard at Michigan. That record would be terrific for 90-95% of college teams.

6 years in and he can’t even recruit a somewhat competent QB... at Michigan. Their defense this season is trash and they don’t even have a running game anymore.

I think being gashed for over 250 rushing yards by a PSU squad that didn’t have their projected top 3 backs was the final straw. It would be different if he had a Big Ten Championship under his belt, but he doesn’t. Yeah OSU has been absolutely dominant, but Franklin found a way to do it at PSU. Harbaugh has been successful, but not good enough for Michigan.

Reactions: bayardstreet
6 years in and he can’t even recruit a somewhat competent QB... at Michigan. Their defense this season is trash and they don’t even have a running game anymore.

I think being gashed for over 250 rushing yards by a PSU squad that didn’t have their projected top 3 backs was the final straw. It would be different if he had a Big Ten Championship under his belt, but he doesn’t. Yeah OSU has been absolutely dominant, but Franklin found a way to do it at PSU. Harbaugh has been successful, but not good enough for Michigan.

Yeah. I'm just giving everyone a mulligan this year. This year has been a disaster, no doubt.

At the same time, I don't think Michigan football is what people make it out to be. They have one national title since 1948. And if there weren't the Big Ten Rose Bowl tie-in back in 1997, they would have zero, because the Nebraska Cornhuskers would have beat the brakes off that Michigan team.

That same PSU offensive line and group of running backs produced 40 yards rushing against Iowa. Also remember Michigan has the greatest defensive coordinator in the history of the world. He just cost Harbaugh his job.

Yeah. I'm just giving everyone a mulligan this year. This year has been a disaster, no doubt.

At the same time, I don't think Michigan football is what people make it out to be. They have one national title since 1948. And if there weren't the Big Ten Rose Bowl tie-in back in 1997, they would have zero, because the Nebraska Cornhuskers would have beat the brakes off that Michigan team.
Yeah can’t argue that. I’ve always looked at Michigan as that program that consistently wins a ton of games, but you can always write them off as a contender before the season starts. No matter how they good are, safe bet they’ll slip up somewhere along the way.

Reactions: TD_6082
Against tOSU?

Brady Hoke was 1-3. Rich Rod was 0-3. I don't see where a coaching change necessarily helps them suddenly compete against tOSU.
Yes. You have to beat your rival at Ohio State and Michigan. Just the way it is.

That same PSU offensive line and group of running backs produced 40 yards rushing against Iowa. Also remember Michigan has the greatest defensive coordinator in the history of the world. He just cost Harbaugh his job.
Anyone who puts that #44 backer in the middle of a defense should be canned. Never saw a backer avoid contact who begins each down smack dab in the middle of the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT