ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy “Bear” Scott

feels like Narduzzi recruting has gone up a notch the last few yrs when I see the teams he's beating out for these recruits... I can see him building a well-rounded 10+ win Pitt team real soon if things don't go sideways
I think we still need little more proof on the offensive side of the ball. But things still may be pointed somewhat upward. OL needs to show more and pointing out the obvious - KP has been decent to good so they need at least that much going forward. Would be nice to land a good QB. Not convinced we have that guy on the roster.

I think we still need little more proof on the offensive side of the ball. But things still may be pointed somewhat upward. OL needs to show more and pointing out the obvious - KP has been decent to good so they need at least that much going forward. Would be nice to land a good QB. Not convinced we have that guy on the roster.
Agreed, our defensive recruiting has been very strong and I think will continue to be strong as long as we have Narduzzi. Kids want to play for his defenses. However, we haven't seen that type of recruiting on the offensive side. Hopefully Marion helps with that issue.

Jimmy Scott is a really nice recruit. It is time the Duzz land a difference maker on the offensive side. A few recruits of this caliber with solid offer sheets on the other side and maybe we get 9 or 10 wins in a season.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Jimmy Scott is a really nice recruit. It is time the Duzz land a difference maker on the offensive side. A few recruits of this caliber with solid offer sheets on the other side and maybe we get 9 or 10 wins in a season.
I would argue Jordan Addison is one offensive guy that’s a proven difference maker. After that…??? Not much.

Reactions: xslfyk4
I would argue Jordan Addison is one offensive guy that’s a proven difference maker. After that…??? Not much.

He also happened to be a 4* recruit.

We have a WR that could legit start on the best teams in the country. Probably not be ”their guy,” but he would be on the field.
We had as a good a QB as we can reasonably expect to have starting.
And we returned basically everybody.

And all that was good enough to finish in the 80s in the S&P+ on offense. We’re not some “solid offer sheets” away from having a pulse on offense. Offensive recruiting needs to be dialed up to 100.

We desperately need another star or 2 on offense. When you look at a team like UNC that had 4 stud playmakers in Dyami Brown, Dazz Newsome, Javonte Williams and Michael Carter, then look at Pitt with only one guy, it puts things into perspective. Krull, one of the RBs and one of the secondary WRs needs to step up this year if we are going to win 10 games. We have a QB returning for his 4th season as starter. That probably won't happen again here for a very long time, if I even live to see it. This year is crucial for Duzz.

We desperately need another star or 2 on offense. When you look at a team like UNC that had 4 stud playmakers in Dyami Brown, Dazz Newsome, Javonte Williams and Michael Carter, then look at Pitt with only one guy, it puts things into perspective. Krull, one of the RBs and one of the secondary WRs needs to step up this year if we are going to win 10 games. We have a QB returning for his 4th season as starter. That probably won't happen again here for a very long time, if I even live to see it. This year is crucial for Duzz.
It seems to me that there is the potential for a few play makers to compliment Addison like krull and one or two of the other receivers. And Izzy could be good. But I will believe it when I see it.

Ollison was Canisius I believe. Scott went to both Saint Joe's and Saint Francis. Those are the 3 big private schools in the Buffalo/Niagara falls area. The 4th is for basketball which is Nichols. That is where Laettner is from.

Reactions: kma0043
You need several “difference makers” to have a good offense, and one of them absolutely has to be the QB.

Plus they have a top 3 pick at QB...

You need several “difference makers” to have a good offense, and one of them absolutely has to be the QB.
No argument here. I think Addison could be counted as one. Kenny should be solid. We need a tight end who can run and catch. We also need a back that can shake and beat you with speed. I don't think we are that many players away from having a nice offense. That said, even if we add some serious speed and skill, our O-line may be the biggest obstacle holding us back. We have enough kids returning, but will they improve to a level that can make this offense really go?

No argument here. I think Addison could be counted as one. Kenny should be solid. We need a tight end who can run and catch. We also need a back that can shake and beat you with speed. I don't think we are that many players away from having a nice offense. That said, even if we add some serious speed and skill, our O-line may be the biggest obstacle holding us back. We have enough kids returning, but will they improve to a level that can make this offense really go?

OLs suck across much of college football. Yet, we’re in an offensive explosion era.
The OL isn’t good enough to mask so many of the other problems. But that is the actual problem. That we need an OL good enough to mask so many other problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT