ADVERTISEMENT

Joan Gabel addresses on campus stadium

We rent the same stadium as the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Most NFL teams rent their stadium!

No shame in renting and it really is only 4 miles off campus! I would love an on campus stadium but there really is no room unless we extend the campus which is unlikely.

I would be much more in favor of extending the T underground to Oakland!

Steelers convinced the politicians to commit the dollars for their t extension, and the Oakland line was dropped.

Ill repeat my annual post regarding this issue

The problem is not HF...4 miles from campus

The problem is a 50% of capacity HF

If we were pulling 60k a game every saturday half of the posts on this message board (how we need an OCS) would vanish into thin air

I am just saying extending the T to Oakland would be great for the students imo
It also would be nice to hang out over on campus a little and grab the T down to the game and return to Oakland after the game in a very easy manner. I didn't even go to college, but as a long time fan, and with both kids as alum, I like going over there, but too much of a hassle now.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Right! I am just saying extending the T to Oakland would be great for the students imo
Pittsburgh needs to extend the T beyond just Oakland. Get a heavy rail line from the airport to downtown and develop communities around light rail stations.

Since Pitt isn't getting a new stadium and they aren't downsizing Heinz Field, work with what you have. Move the students from the 500 level to the 100 level and relocated the season ticket holders on the visitors sideline to another area. Close the upper deck end zone to seating and move those fans to the lower level or sidelines. The more fans in the lower bowl the better and the more fans packed in the better the visuals and perception.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT