ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Uchebo

I'm of the minority opinion that once Pitt has recruited a guy, we should not push anyone out. If the staff is honest and a tell a guy he is never going to get real minutes, help him find a better place if that is what he wants. I'd have no problem if Joe was a bench warmer again this season.
Perhaps we did that?? Apparently, we offered him a medical hardship scholie, and he chose to give it one more shot. I'm not for pushing kids out, either, don't think that was the case.

Perhaps we did that?? Apparently, we offered him a medical hardship scholie, and he chose to give it one more shot. I'm not for pushing kids out, either, don't think that was the case.

You're right, I don't know what happened. My point was just that many on this board were all for giving him the boot. Hopefully Dixon treated him right.

Dixon has always seemed to go out of his way to try to get kids who leave to land on their feet (possibly not Birch). Not sure why he would have been a bastard to Joe.

Some of you people want to protect Dixon like as if it's your mom that's being criticized. lol.
Untrue. If something is a valid criticism, I don't say anything. I am sure you are used to your mom being criticized, and the way you turned out, well she should be.

Almost nobody, and I mean it, almost nobody, wanted to keep him here based on how he looked in games last year. He may have continued to heal or whatever, but that isn't always foreseeable. If your criticism is Jamie isn't all knowing of what someone's long term prognosis is with a a bad micro fracture condition in his knee, then you are really reaching the bottom of the barrel in some strange attempt to find criticism anywhere you can. Valid or not.

Last edited:
Not sure why he would have been a bastard to Joe.

I didn't say he was a bastard, but I understand the allure of driving out the weakest players in hopes of improving the team. I think college athletics should be better than that, but I realize that is contrary to popular opinion.

I didn't say he was a bastard, but I understand the allure of driving out the weakest players in hopes of improving the team. I think college athletics should be better than that, but I realize that is contrary to popular opinion.
It is what it is. Every school does that to some extent. Not every player pans out. I am sure when the coach lays out to a guy that he will not likely ever play for a team again, he sets up a scenario where it is likely in the best interests of both parties that the guy move on. Perhaps at D3 it isn't that severe, but there is too much to be perceived at stake to be the only school that does not do that. Look at it this way. Lots of people don't keep up academically, and end up either leaving school or transfering or changing to an easier major. I know academic and athletic analogies don't always fly, but that's the best analogy I could come up with.

Untrue. If something is a valid criticism, I don't say anything. I am sure you are used to your mom being criticized, and the way you turned out, well she should be.

Almost nobody, and I mean it, almost nobody, wanted to keep him here based on how he looked in games last year. He may have continued to heal or whatever, but that isn't always foreseeable. If your criticism is Jamie isn't all knowing of what someone's long term prognosis is with a a bad micro fracture condition in his knee, then you are really reaching the bottom of the barrel in some strange attempt to find criticism anywhere you can. Valid or not.

I don't think this is a big issue, based on last year, you couldn't know that Joe would be this good he could barely move, just the seeming sensitivity of it is what sticks out to me. Just seems funny that anyone would be so upset. And it's too late to criticize my mom, she died 3 yeas ago, may she RIP.

That's out of line man? Why'd you go there?

Asking the wrong guy, he introduced moms into it.

Not exactly anybody's mom in particular, just said some people seem to jump to Dixon's defense emotionally, like as if their own mom was being attacked.

Reactions: bobfree
Not exactly anybody's mom in particular, just said some people seem to jump to Dixon's defense emotionally, like as if their own mom was being attacked.

And essentially your point was proven

Now up to 11.9 PPG and 11.1 RPG...

During Charlotte's current 3 game winning streak, Joe is averaging 19 & 15. Over the past 6 games he is averaging 16.7 & 16.8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT