ADVERTISEMENT

John Hugley quotes after the game very telling about this team and coaching staff

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
When he was asked a question after the game about why the turnovers continue to happen and the bad defense,

Here was Hugley's response:

“Guys wanting to do their own thing and not listen to what coach is telling us, I guess,” Hugley said.

But yet Capel doesn't think there's a disconnect between him and the players smh.

He also said this:

“I think guys are disappointed, but just ready to finish the season out, I guess,” Hugley said when asked about the mood in the team’s locker room. “That's all I can really say. I don't know.”

Look it's obvious most of the players aren't even listening to Capel at this point, let alone the other useless staff.

I see another mass exodus of transfers on the horizon soon after the season mercifully ends. Capel has lost another team. The players don't listen to him, as Hugley said, they do what they want to do. Hence blowouts at home, piss poor defense and turnover after turnover.

I hope Heather really gives some serious thought as to how bad it will be in terms of basketball revenue, fan interest and attendance if she brings Jeff Capel back for a 5th season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News