ADVERTISEMENT

JUST AN FYI...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
Starting tomorrow (Friday) at the Monroeville Convention Center there is going to be large sports collectibles show. I don't know who and when but there will be quite a few well known athletes in attendance.
From Pitt...Sam Clancy, Matt Cavanaugh, Rickey Jackson, Hugh Green and others that I can't remember. I also know that Lou Pinella, Robin Yount and Paul Molitor will be there as well. If I'm not mistaken, so will Bill Mazeroski as well.
Last time I looked, believe it or not, jorday addison will be there as well. His appearance would take a lot of testicular fortitude on his part after what he did the sports fans in Pittsburgh, but who knows.
Actually took my son last year, it was fun. Saw Tony Dorsett and Lawrence Taylor it was cool.
I think it cost like $10.00 to get in.
Just an FYI for my fellow yinzers.

Starting tomorrow (Friday) at the Monroeville Convention Center there is going to be large sports collectibles show. I don't know who and when but there will be quite a few well known athletes in attendance.
From Pitt...Sam Clancy, Matt Cavanaugh, Rickey Jackson, Hugh Green and others that I can't remember. I also know that Lou Pinella, Robin Yount and Paul Molitor will be there as well. If I'm not mistaken, so will Bill Mazeroski as well.
Last time I looked, believe it or not, jorday addison will be there as well. His appearance would take a lot of testicular fortitude on his part after what he did the sports fans in Pittsburgh, but who knows.
Actually took my son last year, it was fun. Saw Tony Dorsett and Lawrence Taylor it was cool.
I doubt Addison will be there. Im sure he signed up and was given a couple thousand when he was at Pitt but now will just not honor the contract and pay whatever minimal damages there are.

Remember that Pitt likely is the top college team in this region but there are sizable contingents for others including two that hate us. They’d love to praise Addison for screwing Pitt over. That said I doubt the kid intends to ever step foot in this region again.

Remember that Pitt likely is the top college team in this region but there are sizable contingents for others including two that hate us. They’d love to praise Addison for screwing Pitt over. That said I doubt the kid intends to ever step foot in this region again.
My friend called the guy that is in charge and asked him this afternoon if Addison would be there. He said they didn't know yet. Also told me the guy was a nitter due to his remark about Addison bettering himself by going to USC and talking about the st penn players that will be there. Free meal cranko will also be there 🙄 signing for $110 smh

I don’t see how he “screwed” Pitt over where offered more money from another team.

Reactions: cease10
I hope they don't have any of O. J.'s stuff . . .

He would be wise to never return to Pittsburgh. Freakin cork soaker.

I don’t see how he “screwed” Pitt over where offered more money from another team.
addison signed a scholarship to attend/play football for the University of Pittsburgh. I am pretty sure that the NLI he signed did not say "you will honor this commitment until which time another school offers you more money".
Whether you or any one else wants to hear it or not, addison CHOSE to not honor that contract and showed the world that he has no honor when it comes to giving is word. I am not saying these things just because of addison, this applies to every player, coach, employee of any company that reneges on a verbal/written promise.
He seemed like a quiet type of young man and it sure does appear that someone got inside his head and talked him into making a huge mistake. He had an opportunity to play at Pitt another year and be the center of the offense. He had one of the better college QB's coming into to replace Pickett and he CHOSE to go to usc to improve his NFL potential. Sadly for addison, he will not come any where near his statistical output from last year. He will more then likely to a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and become just another average P5 WR.
By the way, that twitter post of his was a joke. I would be willing to bet good money on that fact that it was prepared for him by either his agent or the usc media department.

addison signed a scholarship to attend/play football for the University of Pittsburgh. I am pretty sure that the NLI he signed did not say "you will honor this commitment until which time another school offers you more money".
Whether you or any one else wants to hear it or not, addison CHOSE to not honor that contract and showed the world that he has no honor when it comes to giving is word. I am not saying these things just because of addison, this applies to every player, coach, employee of any company that reneges on a verbal/written promise.
He seemed like a quiet type of young man and it sure does appear that someone got inside his head and talked him into making a huge mistake. He had an opportunity to play at Pitt another year and be the center of the offense. He had one of the better college QB's coming into to replace Pickett and he CHOSE to go to usc to improve his NFL potential. Sadly for addison, he will not come any where near his statistical output from last year. He will more then likely to a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and become just another average P5 WR.
By the way, that twitter post of his was a joke. I would be willing to bet good money on that fact that it was prepared for him by either his agent or the usc media department.
I know of no law where being awarded a scholarship of any kind creates a contract. What u got?

I know of no law where being awarded a scholarship of any kind creates a contract. What u got?
I'm not a lawyer. But isn't a Letter of Intent a binding contract? Otherwise, what's its purpose? Once a kid signs one, isn't he bound to it - unless that school lets him out of it...???

Reactions: APanther
I am not an attorney and don't care to act like this is a court o flaw. What I am is an adult and I am was raised by two parents who taught me right from wrong. They taught me about making a commitment and following through on it. They taught me about what it means to give your word and how important your honesty and integrity mean to becoming a man.
I know this will ruffle your feathers, IMO, what addison did was wrong. Maybe not legally, but in every other way, it makes him look bad. The only reason he left was because someone talked him in to believing that it was the right thing to do. The University of Pittsburgh MADE HIM into a Biletnikoff award winner. His coaches and teammates made him the receiver he became and what do these people get from that??? They all get screwed because addison became a little DIVA. He left the people that made him special to go across the country to become a second fiddle on a team that likes to run the ball. Makes no sense other then he wanted paid money.
I ask, at some point he will more then likely meet a young woman and ask her to marry him. Who ever that young woman is, should run away from the guy as fast as she can. Why? Because based upon his decision making int he past, he will only stay with her until someone better looking comes along.
You don't have to agree with me, that's 100% your decision, but I stand 100% behind my statement.

• Haha
Reactions: cease10
I am not an attorney and don't care to act like this is a court o flaw. What I am is an adult and I am was raised by two parents who taught me right from wrong. They taught me about making a commitment and following through on it. They taught me about what it means to give your word and how important your honesty and integrity mean to becoming a man.
I know this will ruffle your feathers, IMO, what addison did was wrong. Maybe not legally, but in every other way, it makes him look bad. The only reason he left was because someone talked him in to believing that it was the right
K thing to do. The University of Pittsburgh MADE HIM into a Biletnikoff award winner. His coaches and teammates made him the receiver he became and what do these people get from that??? They all get screwed because addison became a little DIVA. He left the people that made him special to go across the country to become a second fiddle on a team that likes to run the ball. Makes no sense other then he wanted paid money.
I ask, at some point he will more then likely meet a young woman and ask her to marry him. Who ever that young woman is, should run away from the guy as fast as she can. Why? Because based upon his decision making int he past, he will only stay with her until someone better looking comes along.
You don't have to agree with me, that's 100% your decision, but I stand 100% behind my statement.
[/QUOTE

K. Anything else? I have a question. Are you a Pitt Grad? Year?

Whether I am a Pitt graduate or not is irrelevant. This is about honoring your word, which says a hell of a lot about the character and integrity of a person. Evidently, addison has ZERO integrity.
Look, I felt the same way about every other coach/player who has done the same thing.
I feel the same way about Bryan Rust. I heard him say earlier this week that he wants another contract because he felt he "outplayed" his current contract this year. WHAT????
He is an adult, who willingly signed his current contract to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I am sure that it is assumed by all involved that Rust will go out and perform to the best of his athletic ability until he fulfills that commitment he made. Now all of a sudden, he has determined that he has "outplayed" that contract, sorry dude but that isn't how it works. Unless, he has some performanced based contract which I'm sure he doesn't.

AN UPDATE...Just saw that addison cancelled his appearance at the show scheduled for today.
At least he has enough commonsense to know that he would not be popular there at this time.
Seek help and find other enjoyments in life.

It's troubling that you're this preoccupied with the actions of a 20yr old.

Same goes for the rest of you that feel the same way about Addison.

He would be wise to never return to Pittsburgh. Freakin cork soaker.

I see it to the contrary. I see him as part of a now triumpharite. O’Bannon, Alston (from WVU), who broke down the illegal conduct of the NCAA, conferences, administrators and coaches, making billions on the backs of largely black and/or poor gifted athletes. The new Curt Flood, if you will.

I'm not a lawyer. But isn't a Letter of Intent a binding contract? Otherwise, what's its purpose? Once a kid signs one, isn't he bound to it - unless that school lets him out of it...???
Those are mere NCAA rules. Just like a bridge club has “rules.” Point is, you can’t inhibit anyone from participating in “commerce.” Additionally, focus on the last word in LOI. “Intent” is all it is. Non-binding. Just like in the commercial world, we often employ “Memorandums of Understanding.” Non binding as well, unless and until there is a contract.

I feel the same way about Bryan Rust. I heard him say earlier this week that he wants another contract because he felt he "outplayed" his current contract this year. WHAT????
He is an adult, who willingly signed his current contract to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I am sure that it is assumed by all involved that Rust will go out and perform to the best of his athletic ability until he fulfills that commitment he made. Now all of a sudden, he has determined that he has "outplayed" that contract, sorry dude but that isn't how it works. Unless, he has some performanced based contract which I'm sure he doesn't.

It's obvious that you don't know that Bryan Rust is now a free agent.

Just out of curiosity, do honorable people make disparaging comments about others when they obviously have no idea what that person's situation is?

I know this will ruffle your feathers, IMO, what addison did was wrong. Maybe not legally, but in every other way, it makes him look bad. The only reason he left was because someone talked him in to believing that it was the right thing to do. The University of Pittsburgh MADE HIM into a Biletnikoff award winner. His coaches and teammates made him the receiver he became and what do these people get from that??? They all get screwed because addison became a little DIVA. He left the people that made him special to go across the country to become a second fiddle on a team that likes to run the ball. Makes no sense other then he wanted paid money.
So let’s do a hypothetical. Say you get a job at jiffy lube making $20/hr. Mom needs a heart transplant. Rent due next month but can’t afford it. Dad needs bail money. Next day, you are offered $3.5MM to work at another company. further assume jiffy lube promised you 5% wage increases if you accept their offer, for the next 5 years. You accept.
Word being your bond as your parents “taught you,” do you now pass on the $3.5MM offer?

So let’s do a hypothetical. Say you get a job at jiffy lube making $20/hr. Mom needs a heart transplant. Rent due next month but can’t afford it. Dad needs bail money. Next day, you are offered $3.5MM to work at another company. further assume jiffy lube promised you 5% wage increases if you accept their offer, for the next 5 years. You accept.
Word being your bond as your parents “taught you,” do you now pass on the $3.5MM offer?
It depends what your current place counters as an offer. If it is a substantial offer, then I’d stay.

Seek help and find other enjoyments in life.

It's troubling that you're this preoccupied with the actions of a 20yr old.

Same goes for the rest of you that feel the same way about adddison
cease10...What I said had nothing to do with addison's age. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, isn't a 20 year old is considered a legal adult in all of the 50 states??? I'd feel no different if addison was a 30 year old man. There are 18 year old young men/women who make a commitment everyday to join our military and are willing to fulfill that commitment, even if it means at the loss of their life.

Sorry, I don't do hypotheticals. When you make the commitment to that person, place or thing, HONOR it. That's it, it really is that simple. If you have no plan on fulfilling it, don't sign on the dotted line.

Sorry, I don't do hypotheticals. When you make the commitment to that person, place or thing, HONOR it. That's it, it really is that simple. If you have no plan on fulfilling it, don't sign on the dotted line.
Lol! So whatever your job is now, you’d stick with it where another employer offered you $3.5MM because that’s how mom and dad “taught” you. Would your wife/family be ok with that?

It's obvious that you don't know that Bryan Rust is now a free agent.

Just out of curiosity, do honorable people make disparaging comments about others when they obviously have no idea what that person's situation is?
You are correct, I do not know Rust's current contract status and it really doesn't matter because the words that I posted were words that came directly from his own mouth. He said that he outplayed his current contract and wanted wouldn't want to play another year under that previous one.
I know that this may be difficult for some to understand but to me, when you sign a contract anywhere, I expect you to perform to the best of your ability at that job the entire time.

The Letter of Intent is irrelevant. LOI’s are only specifically binding (to the extent that they are at all) for the first academic year. Addison fulfilled everything that he agreed to when he signed his LOI.

Lol! So whatever your job is now, you’d stick with it where another employer offered you $3.5MM because that’s how mom and dad “taught” you. Would your wife/family be ok with that?
If I made a commitment and did not fulfill that commitment, then YES, I would stay and be quite with the job i did.

Folks, it’s done, it made sense to vent about it but the wars over, NIL dropped the big one. Move on. Enjoy the coming season while it’s still possible, things are might work ok, they might not, but nothing anyone here can do about it.

I know that this may be difficult for some to understand but to me, when you sign a contract anywhere, I expect you to perform to the best of your ability at that job the entire time.

I know this may be difficult for some to understand, but Rust did sign a contract and he absolutely performed to the best of his ability that entire time. To the point that anyone with a functioning brain can see that he obviously outperformed that contract.

Wait, hold on a second, that really ISN'T that difficult for someone to understand. In fact it seems as if there is only one person who can't understand that. Or maybe he can, but now he realizes that he took a shot at a guy for one and only one reason, because he had no idea what he was talking about.

Honorable people do not make disparaging comments about someone when they obviously no nothing at all about that person's situation. Pretty much by definition.

Last edited:
I know this may be difficult for some to understand, but Rust did sign a contract and he absolutely performed to the best of his ability that entire time. To the point that anyone with a function brain can see that he obviously outperformed that contract.

Wait, hold on a second, that really ISN'T that difficult for someone to understand. In fact it seems as if there is only one person who can't understand that. Or maybe he can, but now he realizes that he took a shot at a guy for one and only one reason, because he had no idea what he was talking about.

Honorable people do not make disparaging comments about someone when they obviously no nothing at all about that person's situation. Pretty much by definition.
And Rust and the Pens agreed today on a contract extension. I think both parties were pleased with each other over the life of the prior contract.

And Rust and the Pens agreed today on a contract extension. I think both parties were pleased with each other over the life of the prior contract.

Right. And I absolutely guarantee you that if you ask Penguins' management if they thought that Rust outperformed his last contract that they would answer with a resounding yes.

Because they understand the situation and are honorable people.

Reactions: USN_Panther
The Letter of Intent is irrelevant. LOI’s are only specifically binding (to the extent that they are at all) for the first academic year. Addison fulfilled everything that he agreed to when he signed his LOI.

I know this may be difficult for some to understand, but Rust did sign a contract and he absolutely performed to the best of his ability that entire time. To the point that anyone with a functioning brain can see that he obviously outperformed that contract.

joe...You just turned into just another online bully and decided to attack another poster's personally because that person expresses an opinion that differs from yours. I guess being woke helps you get through your day, unfortunately it does nothing for me.
My brain, thank God, id functioning quite well. The two degrees that I hold from the University of Pittsburgh have taught how to deal with and talk to another human being without insulting them personally.
In regards to Rust, what objective proof do you have that he outperformed hic contract? Have you seen it in writing and what is it that he did that proves to the objective eye that he did indeed outperform said contract? I'm going to bet you have zero evidence to support your claim.
The "shot" that I took was intended for ANY ONE who makes a commitment to an employer, a school, another human being, etc... and fails to follow through on that promise. What I have is integrity, you may not understand that or believe in that yourself, but that is how I live my life on a daily basis. Evidently, you have a different opinion on life and that's okay because in our country, you still have the right to express yours just as I do mine.

joe...You just turned into just another online bully and decided to attack another poster's personally because that person expresses an opinion that differs from yours. I guess being woke helps you get through your day, unfortunately it does nothing for me.
My brain, thank God, id functioning quite well. The two degrees that I hold from the University of Pittsburgh have taught how to deal with and talk to another human being without insulting them personally.
In regards to Rust, what objective proof do you have that he outperformed hic contract? Have you seen it in writing and what is it that he did that proves to the objective eye that he did indeed outperform said contract? I'm going to bet you have zero evidence to support your claim.
The "shot" that I took was intended for ANY ONE who makes a commitment to an employer, a school, another human being, etc... and fails to follow through on that promise. What I have is integrity, you may not understand that or believe in that yourself, but that is how I live my life on a daily basis. Evidently, you have a different opinion on life and that's okay because in our country, you still have the right to express yours just as I do mine.

Wait, I'm an online bully because I pointed out that you attacked someone because you were completely uninformed. A point that was so obvious that even you admitted it.

The proof that Rust outperformed his contract is the production that he gave relative to his salary compared to what a team expects someone making that salary to perform like. The fact that you don't seem to understand that concept doesn't mean that it isn't obviously true, it means that you just simply can't understand a relatively simply concept. And saying that isn't bullying you, it's simply pointing out the facts.

The notion that the person who criticizes someone without knowing the facts is the one with integrity and not the bully is nuts. But on the other hand, nothing that shouldn't be expected from someone who can't wait to complain that someone else is "woke". Stop worrying about stupid stuff like who is "woke" and who isn't and start worrying about stuff like actually understanding the facts of the situation before commenting on it. Because if commenting about something you know absolutely nothing about is "anti-woke", good lord, let's hope everyone gets woke. Soon.

Wait, I'm an online bully because I pointed out that you attacked someone because you were completely uninformed. A point that was so obvious that even you admitted it.

The proof that Rust outperformed his contract is the production that he gave relative to his salary compared to what a team expects someone making that salary to perform like. The fact that you don't seem to understand that concept doesn't mean that it isn't obviously true, it means that you just simply can't understand a relatively simply concept. And saying that isn't bullying you, it's simply pointing out the facts.

The notion that the person who criticizes someone without knowing the facts is the one with integrity and not the bully is nuts. But on the other hand, nothing that shouldn't be expected from someone who can't wait to complain that someone else is "woke". Stop worrying about stupid stuff like who is "woke" and who isn't and start worrying about stuff like actually understanding the facts of the situation before commenting on it. Because if commenting about something you know absolutely nothing about is "anti-woke", good lord, let's hope everyone gets woke. Soon.
Joe...Yes, Joe you are an online bully. Just because I voiced an opinion that is different then yours, you personally attack the person and call them names. If you read the original post correctly, it was Rust himself, using his own words to answer a reporters question who said that he out performed his contract. As I said, those are HIS words not mine. In my opinion, when a person signs his name on a contract, a National Letter of Intent, or any other legal form in which they agree to play, work for or whatever to a business, school or military commitment, they are agreeing to perform that given job to the best of their ability. How well they feel they did their job is not important to me, I expect that from them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT