ADVERTISEMENT

Just got a notice UPMC with Pitt Medical School

mbe 34

All Conference
Nov 24, 2004
Have developed a test for the Coronavirus.
Will be available Tuesday for symptomatic patients and will soon ramp up to do several hundred per week.
I imagine this is going on across the country as the Feds have dropped the ball.
Hail to Pitt and UPMC.
Top notch healthcare coupled with a world class research center ain’t bad.

It's amazing that people either a) don't know how it works or b) tries anything to take a swipe at Trump. Previously the other side did the same with Obama and before that Bush and on and on.
Exactly, both sides back and forth but both sides disagree that their side does it too. Maddening vicious cycle that I can't understand how grown adults cant step back and allow themselves to acknowledge that yes this is true.

Why have the feds dropped the ball? Do they make tests and respirators? No, it’s the private sector and always will be.

Ok- maybe you’ll like this better.
Pitt and UPMC have wasted valuable time and resources by developing its own testing procedures for the Coronavirus. People should just wait for the Feds to get it together and go to Walmart. Can’t believe how Pitt and UPMC are grandstanding on this.

Pardon me for posting some positive news about Pitt.

It's amazing that people either a) don't know how it works or b) tries anything to take a swipe at Trump. Previously the other side did the same with Obama and before that Bush and on and on.
Trump is the reason we still don't have enough tests. On big issue like this the federal government must lead.

Pitt and UPMC have wasted valuable time and resources by developing its own testing procedures for the Coronavirus. People should just wait for the Feds to get it together and go to Walmart. Can’t believe how Pitt and UPMC are grandstanding on this.

Maybe you have misunderstood my point. What UPMC has done is exactly what all hospitals and research med schools should be doing. In fact if it works they should share it broadly with others. But for the media to bag Trump or his team with “how many respirators have you ordered”. That question would be better asked of the supply chain folks at UPMC, Cleveland Clinic, etc.

Pitt's greatest claim to fame is the polio vaccine. Damn the hero of the left FDR and the rest of the Fed government of that time for failing.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Maybe you have misunderstood my point. What UPMC has done is exactly what all hospitals and research med schools should be doing. In fact if it works they should share it broadly with others. But for the media to bag Trump or his team with “how many respirators have you ordered”. That question would be better asked of the supply chain folks at UPMC, Cleveland Clinic, etc.
For the umpteenth time. We as a country are 6 to 8 weeks late dealing with this virus. The reason for having a pandemic crisis team, which Trump dumped in early 2018, was to get out ahead of any epidemic anywhere in the world. Trump got rid of it because Obama created. There is no depth to the man's ignorance and pettiness.

Pitt's greatest claim to fame is the polio vaccine. Damn the hero of the left FDR and the rest of the Fed government of that time for failing.
Dumb and dumber. The polio epidemic was around a long time and labs all over the world were trying for years to find a cure, which Salk did in the mid fifties when Ike was president. FDR had polio and was already gone 10 years when the cure was found. This post is a classic apples to oranges.

Seems to me he put together a team pretty quick and we saved tax payer money for 2 years......darn the president

For the umpteenth time. We as a country are 6 to 8 weeks late dealing with this virus. The reason for having a pandemic crisis team, which Trump dumped in early 2018, was to get out ahead of any epidemic anywhere in the world. Trump got rid of it because Obama created. There is no depth to the man's ignorance and pettiness.

Dumb and dumber. The polio epidemic was around a long time and labs all over the world were trying for years to find a cure, which Salk did in the mid fifties when Ike was president. FDR had polio and was already gone 10 years when the cure was found. This post is a classic apples to oranges.

Wow. You are just lost aren't you. Proved my point better then I did. The point is the Fed does not diagnose or cure illnesses. Schools and private industries do. You blaming Trump really is worthless.

Seems to me he put together a team pretty quick and we saved tax payer money for 2 years......darn the president
WTF are you talking about? Who put together what team? Trump fired the head of that unit, dispersed the rest of the team, and NEVER REPLACED THEM. The way the unit was designed they would have been on this in December when this first became a thing in China.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Wow. You are just lost aren't you. Proved my point better then I did. The point is the Fed does not diagnose or cure illnesses. Schools and private industries do. You blaming Trump really is worthless.
Worthless and Trump does belong in the same sentence so you got something right.

Your news source is evident

WTF are you talking about? Who put together what team? Trump fired the head of that unit, dispersed the rest of the team, and NEVER REPLACED THEM. The way the unit was designed they would have been on this in December when this first became a thing in China.

Well; when your political philosophy sees the government as God, Trump will fail every time. And for every government leader who is not Trump, they will assume it was the private sector who messed it all up.

Trump is the reason we still don't have enough tests. On big issue like this the federal government must lead.

STFU! Again, quit politicizing this! We can't have the government being the leader on this, and it shouldn't be. The private sector needs to lead, and it is. That's how things get done in this country. The federal government only needs to push this down to the state and local levels and provide the funding for the states and the private sectors to fix this. Right now, they're doing what needs to be done.

Obama declared the swine flu an epidemic ONLY after a million people were infected! People have such short memories!
The public health emergency was declared April 2009.
Which allowed national distribution of tamiflu from strategic reserves to treat with only 20 confirmed cases in the us.
The national emergency was to massively distribute the vaccine which was developed in October .

so- your narrative isn’t telling the story accurately

Obama declared the swine flu an epidemic ONLY after a million people were infected! People have such short memories!

Interesting on how so many people refuse to see the facts and constantly take swipes at Trump while propping up Obama with lies. They can't even see what is happening now because they only listen to the communist propaganda networks since they support their frail agendas.

But as I said before, this isn't about politics. Politicians can do very little to solve this problem. They can talk a lot and discuss where money will go, but the private sector and states will be the ones solving this problem. That will have very little to do with any federal government or the politicians.

Last edited:
Reactions: palpitt

The definition of rambling.

12,000 died and 1/5 had the swine flu.....let's see how that compares.
InfluenZA has known effective treatments and a vaccine - even a novel strain can have a vaccine developed in months .

so - that’s the primary distinction - beyond the transition rates being higher and the mortality rates as well.

no effective treatment and no vaccine

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Wait a second, there are people out there who actually think the administration has done a good job here?

Wow! I did not see that coming. That’s genuinely insane.

This has nothing to do with his reelection or anything else that frankly doesn’t matter within this context. We will worry about that in November.

However, there is no question that this administration turned down proven testing kits from the WHO and the CDC’s testing kits didn’t work.

Think about that for a second.

We had a two month head start on this virus and we got nothing accomplished. Now, we are going to pay the price for our arrogance/idiocy. We are still weeks behind where we should be regarding testing. There’s no reasonable debate to be had on that front. Those are unassailable facts that cannot be spun or explained away. That’s not from some liberal news network, those are facts that everyone agrees on.

Last week, Trump was telling everyone this is all going to “miraculously” go away and is all just a big hoax by the Democrats and the media. They also told everyone they had this totally under control and that our numbers were decreasing. Again, those are factual statements about what the president and his surrogates were saying as this pandemic was spreading.

All of those were massive and incredibly dangerous lies!

You can call me whatever names you want to call me, but that does not change the fact that those were all clearly lies!

He is STILL lying about all manner of things including the availability of testing kits. Go try to get a testing kit right now. Good luck to you!

Yesterday, they had Ben Carson step to the mic during a presser and he said everyone needed to pray more.

What?!

Then, for whatever reason, the White House doctor was imploring everyone not to blame the president.

What the hell are we doing here?

I do think Anthony Fauci has acquitted himself well here. He appears to be the only one in that entire group who has been telling the truth. He has not lost any credibility through this process, but he is practically alone in that regard.

GTFOH!

This is going to get far, far worse before gets better. This is not going to be a two or three week thing, guys. It’s probably going to be a two or three months thing — at a minimum.

I do agree with those who say that the politics of this is secondary right now. That’s absolutely true. However, that was also true whenever the president was treating a public health crisis like a financial crisis and was running around talking about the effect this is going to have on the markets, rather than the toll it’s going to take on so many of our families.

They have bungled this from the start and there’s no way anyone can spin this otherwise. Oh, I know many will try. They are awesome at convincing millions and millions of people that up is down and hot is cold.

However, how he has handled this so far and how he will handle this going forward will constitute Trump's legacy. There’s just no doubt about it. This is his chance to totally undo the naysayers.

How he reacts to this crisis going forward will determine not only his future but America’s future — certainly in the near term. It will be very interesting to see if he’s up to the task?

What do you guys think? Are we going to see decisiveness and strong, shrewd leadership at a time where it is desperately needed; or are we going to see pettiness and finger-pointing and blame shifting?

I know where I’m placing my money.

Wait a second, there are people out there who actually think the administration has done a good job here?

Wow! I did not see that coming. That’s genuinely insane.

This has nothing to do with his reelection or anything else that frankly doesn’t matter within this context. We will worry about that in November.

However, there is no question that this administration turned down proven testing kits from the WHO and the CDC’s testing kits didn’t work.

Think about that for a second.

We had a two month head start on this virus and we got nothing accomplished. Now, we are going to pay the price for our arrogance/idiocy. We are still weeks behind where we should be regarding testing. There’s no reasonable debate to be had on that front. Those are unassailable facts that cannot be spun or explained away. That’s not from some liberal news network, those are facts that everyone agrees on.

Last week, Trump was telling everyone this is all going to “miraculously” go away and is all just a big hoax by the Democrats and the media. They also told everyone they had this totally under control and that our numbers were decreasing. Again, those are factual statements about what the president and his surrogates were saying as this pandemic was spreading.

All of those were massive and incredibly dangerous lies!

You can call me whatever names you want to call me, but that does not change the fact that those were all clearly lies!

He is STILL lying about all manner of things including the availability of testing kits. Go try to get a testing kit right now. Good luck to you!

Yesterday, they had Ben Carson step to the mic during a presser and he said everyone needed to pray more.

What?!

Then, for whatever reason, the White House doctor was imploring everyone not to blame the president.

What the hell are we doing here?

I do think Anthony Fauci has acquitted himself well here. He appears to be the only one in that entire group who has been telling the truth. He has not lost any credibility through this process, but he is practically alone in that regard.

GTFOH!

This is going to get far, far worse before gets better. This is not going to be a two or three week thing, guys. It’s probably going to be a two or three months thing — at a minimum.

I do agree with those who say that the politics of this is secondary right now. That’s absolutely true. However, that was also true whenever the president was treating a public health crisis like a financial crisis and was running around talking about the effect this is going to have on the markets, rather than the toll it’s going to take on so many of our families.

They have bungled this from the start and there’s no way anyone can spin this otherwise. Oh, I know many will try. They are awesome at convincing millions and millions of people that up is down and hot is cold.

However, how he has handled this so far and how he will handle this going forward will constitute Trump's legacy. There’s just no doubt about it. This is his chance to totally undo the naysayers.

How he reacts to this crisis going forward will determine not only his future but America’s future — certainly in the near term. It will be very interesting to see if he’s up to the task?

What do you guys think? Are we going to see decisiveness and strong, shrewd leadership at a time where it is desperately needed; or are we going to see pettiness and finger-pointing and blame shifting?

I know where I’m placing my money.

Fauci seems like the only person at a national level whose words can be trusted.

Fauci seems like the only person at a national level whose words can be trusted.
He's a career public servant, not a political hack.
He has to tiptoe around the hacks, but he's doing his job and doing it well.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for telling the truth! That seems to be the pattern.

He's a career public servant, not a political hack.
He has to tiptoe around the hacks, but he's doing his job and doing it well.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for telling the truth! That seems to be the pattern.
Unfortunately Redfield hasn’t been as credible -
Despite good people working at the CDC.
The FDA has essentially been a rudderless ship with 5 commisssioners in 3 years .

sometimes chaos is not a good thing

Reactions: FreeportPanther
The FDA has essentially been a rudderless ship with 5 commisssioners in 3 years .

Chaos during a public health emergency is NEVER a good thing!
If ever there was a time for a calm, truthful dialogue it is now.

Unfortunately, the ignorance bug was unleashed from the top about the same time as the virus!

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer

Agree with you about Redfield. Notice you don't see or hear him any more.

Just looking at the outbreak map.Do you guys really believe wv is the only state without a case yet? I don’t.got to figure it’s the lack of testing??
If I lived in West Virginia and I saw that map, it would send a chill down my spine about the quality of their healthcare.

Yes, Trump is all bad...give me a break.

I think that it is fair to say that his response and accountability to this particular situation has been very bad.

I do not see how someone could say otherwise when he was contradicting his and everyone else's experts on this matter for weeks/months. And, his government gutted the people that would have gotten ahead of this matter and he took no accountability toward it when asked/prompted. This is a national security matter, just like funding the military or protecting U.S. interests abroad.

Like much of his presidency, this has been a mess and he is directly accountable as the leader of the government. It is no real coincidence as he had a long track record of presiding over business failures until a TV show allowed him to make himself appear as though he was an expert (while not an expert in business, he certainly is an expert in marketing and maybe golf clubs).

I am a centrist politically; that said, I highly doubt that anyone on either side of the isle will come through this situation and not want to pull the plug on his presidency/political career. No president has handled such a serious matter worse in my lifetime (and I have lived from the start of Reagan until now).

Reactions: TheSeldomSeenKid
I think that it is fair to say that his response and accountability to this particular situation has been very bad.

I do not see how someone could say otherwise when he was contradicting his and everyone else's experts on this matter for weeks/months. And, his government gutted the people that would have gotten ahead of this matter and he took no accountability toward it when asked/prompted. This is a national security matter, just like funding the military or protecting U.S. interests abroad.

Like much of his presidency, this has been a mess and he is directly accountable as the leader of the government. It is no real coincidence as he had a long track record of presiding over business failures until a TV show allowed him to make himself appear as though he was an expert (while not an expert in business, he certainly is an expert in marketing and maybe golf clubs).

I am a centrist politically; that said, I highly doubt that anyone on either side of the isle will come through this situation and not want to pull the plug on his presidency/political career. No president has handled such a serious matter worse in my lifetime (and I have lived from the start of Reagan until now).

Good, another one on Ignore. It helps to reduce the stress and eliminate misleading posts from misinformed posters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT