ADVERTISEMENT

Just remember nobody wanted

I was one of very few who wanted to keep Mr. Stallings........

There's a difference between good process and good result. You can only control process, not result.

Hiring Capel was good process, even if it didn't work. Keeping Stallings after basically going winless for 2 years would have been bad process. Whether or not Capel works here, there was no reason to keep Stallings. None.

There's a difference between good process and good result. You can only control process, not result.

Hiring Capel was good process, even if it didn't work. Keeping Stallings after basically going winless for 2 years would have been bad process. Whether or not Capel works here, there was no reason to keep Stallings. None.

so when capel goes winless next year, should he get a pass? Is that a good process?

A few weeks ago you were calling me a loser idiot because I didn't think it was 100% certain that this team would make the NCAAT this season. Now you are telling us that we should've kept Mr. 0-18. Unreal.

8-2.. 4-1 in the ACC after beating Duke.

Congrats if you predicted this.

Capel hitched his wagon to a generational talent , Blake Griffin at Oklahoma.... after that it was probation for the Sooners .... now it’s a total program meltdown at Pitt ...By the Way, Pitt is only ACC team without a recruit in next class. Oh and his teams collapsed at VCU too.

If they lose three games to Duke, Louisville, and UVA by a combined 100 points and Capel is filmed sleeping at a HS game, I'd consider moving on.

Stallings didn't have time to retool the roster. He had obviously planned on going in to year 2 with Cam & Luther. He had a lot of guys playing major minutes that should never set foot on a D1 court as a true freshman.

Pitt's basketball program is where its at because of total mismanagement by Barnes & Lyke.

Stallings was 0-18 in year 2. He was hated from Day 1. If you know it's not going to work out, fine. Start looking for a suitable replacement. Don't fire a guy after only year 2 and bring in a Jeff Capel.

People need to get over the 0-18 crap too. Leonard Hamilton went 0-fer Conference in his 3rd year at Miami.

Somebody is going to get a coach with a helluva upside in Bryce Drew in the near future, but he would never get the chance at Pitt because 0-18 or whatever. Vandy was stupid not to let that play out long term.

Duke Game @ the Pete & Other Dribbles ...

Today we are #81, so I guess I was wrong.

i didn’t see them falling off like this. We lost a ton of close games. The only games we were really never in was unc, ND, and the last 13 min of UVA. Pitt played very tough and had some losses.

this team doesn’t have a winner, and I thought after beating Duke they were showing they knew how to win games. I was wrong.

you can keep beating your chest over this, but there were plenty of positive signs that indicated we were on the rise.

i didn’t see them falling off like this. We lost a ton of close games. The only games we were really never in was unc, ND, and the last 13 min of UVA. Pitt played very tough and had some losses.

this team doesn’t have a winner, and I thought after beating Duke they were showing they knew how to win games. I was wrong.

you can keep beating your chest over this, but there were plenty of positive signs that indicated we were on the rise.
I saw it. All Capel does is coach his teams to late season collapses. Look at his track record. Not surprising. Add to that now constant team dysfunction and turmoil and gotta ask why should he continue to coach here? Start over and bring in Brandin Knight.

Stallings got fired because not only did he go 0-18, but the year before he had a borderline tournament team and flat out refused to coach them.

had season tickets. If you don’t think KS coached them, you’re wrong. Can’t tell you how many times I heard him screaming to run the offense.

we give capel a pass because X isn’t a “team player” but KS inherited 2 of the most selfish players to ever wear a Pitt uniform.

if you think that team without James Robinson and JD was a tournament team, then there’s zero excuse for JC to miss the NCAAT this year with this roster. He has the ACC POY + 2 other 15 Ppg players. Yet he gets a pass? Gtfo

Reactions: FireballZ

Hey look - an adult college grad on the Lair.

Don't see that too often.

I saw it. All Capel does is coach his teams to late season collapses. Look at his track record. Not surprising. Add to that now constant team dysfunction and turmoil and gotta ask why should he continue to coach here? Start over and bring in Brandin Knight.

the makeup of this team was good enough to get a birth. It’s on Capel.

Reactions: PittPoker
Pointing out that I was right is only of secondary importance to pointing out that you were very, very wrong. You were the one who said my opinion was entirely invalid. I never begrudged yours or anyone else's optimism.

had season tickets. If you don’t think KS coached them, you’re wrong. Can’t tell you how many times I heard him screaming to run the offense.

we give capel a pass because X isn’t a “team player” but KS inherited 2 of the most selfish players to ever wear a Pitt uniform.

if you think that team without James Robinson and JD was a tournament team, then there’s zero excuse for JC to miss the NCAAT this year with this roster. He has the ACC POY + 2 other 15 Ppg players. Yet he gets a pass? Gtfo
Your love for Stallings is really creepy to be honest. I never once even mentioned Capel, let alone gave him a pass for this season.

Funny too you claim Young and Artis were two of the most selfish players to ever play at Pitt. They showed up to play every night... and played well, despite Stallings basically taking no responsibility and blaming them for everything.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Your love for Stallings is really creepy to be honest. I never once even mentioned Capel, let alone gave him a pass for this season.

Funny too you claim Young and Artis were two of the most selfish players to ever play at Pitt. They showed up to play every night... and played well, despite Stallings basically taking no responsibility and blaming them for everything.

I don’t love Kevin stallings but will debunk horseshit comments when I read them

Reactions: TD_6082
I don’t love Kevin stallings but will debunk horseshit comments when I read them
I mention Stallings and a team with two fringe NBA players... something not all that common at Pitt, and you instantly accuse me of giving Capel a pass for this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT