ADVERTISEMENT

Lest the Capel supporters forget

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
We didn’t sign Dior Johnson til mid June. They planned to go into this season with this team before he fell into this staff’s laps (no one else wanted him). So I don’t want to hear about how he was dealt a bad luck hand with Dior, this is his team sans Hugley.

We didn’t sign Dior Johnson til mid June. They planned to go into this season with this team before he fell into this staff’s laps (no one else wanted him). So I don’t want to hear about how he was dealt a bad luck hand with Dior, this is his team sans Hugley.
Capel is so bad that he makes Pat Chambers look like John Wooden.

This was the guy we should have taken over one of Dior or McNeilly.

Last edited:

The Dior thing was so flukey that I dont even consider him as ever being part of the team. Capel even admitted that Dior contacted Pitt out of the blue, which is weird AF. He was only on campus a week before the incident. And only went through a few practices with the team.

• Sad
Reactions: mo cheeks
The Dior thing was so flukey that I dont even consider him as ever being part of the team. Capel even admitted that Dior contacted Pitt out of the blue, which is weird AF. He was only on campus a week before the incident. And only went through a few practices with the team.

The OP's point is that Capel did not have a true point guard on the roster prior to Dior wanting to come here. We had combo guards for 5 straight years now. And its been that way since day 1 with X. All combo guards trying / wanting to be point guards at the acc level.

Jaland Lowe is the first true point guard we have got under Capel. The only one in 5 years. Dior is the second but he doesn't count unless he actually plays 1 single game.

Reactions: rockypanther
The OP's point is that Capel did not have a true point guard on the roster prior to Dior wanting to come here. We had combo guards for 5 straight years now. And its been that way since day 1 with X. All combo guards trying / wanting to be point guards at the acc level.

Jaland Lowe is the first true point guard we have got under Capel. The only one in 5 years. Dior is the second but he doesn't count unless he actually plays 1 single game.
Which is surreal given HCJC was a pg.

Is there a Capel crowd out there? I think everyone had great expectations he would build a solid program. But his lack of recruiting top players and laid back and undefined coaching style has been an obvious disaster for 5 years now.

Is there a Capel crowd out there? I think everyone had great expectations he would build a solid program. But his lack of recruiting top players and laid back and undefined coaching style has been an obvious disaster for 5 years now.
Yes there is. @Wanstash21 is playing his violin as the ship is sinking right now.

Which is surreal given HCJC was a pg.
Right, BUT…
Look back at his career. He played on 2 of the worst teams of the K era, averaged SIXTEEN shots a game as a junior, and got benched for Wojo his senior year. He was a solid player but his stats show why he likes the combo guards who are forced to play PG. he was one.

Maybe I’m insane for that line of thinking but I’m sticking to it.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I think Wanstache is like the only person actively sticking up for Capel. The rest of us knows he's terrible.

What do you define as a "Capel supporter"? Everyone would love a more successful coach. Everyone also knows that Lyke wasn't going to take on the financial obligation of firing him last year, so we've got him this year. There's also the very real possibility that Lyke knows who would and would not take the job, and we wouldn't like the first list. I "support" him because he's Pitt's coach, and I don't want the program to continue being an embarrassment.

BTW, I think he arguably could have more success if he were more of a figurehead and delegated to some strong assistants. That's an area where some changes should have been mandated.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I think Wanstache is like the only person actively sticking up for Capel. The rest of us knows he's terrible.
But that’s just homerism - not actually dedication to Capel
He was the same way with stallings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT