ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Kithcart

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-What's done is done. I don't care what needs to be done to keep this kid at Pitt, we have to keep this kid at Pitt and make him happy. It is bold to suggest one player can keep a program from spiraling down, but he is the guy that can do it. He is a leader, a dominant point guard, and a player that will inject fire into the rest of the team. Strong words for a guy that hasn't played 1 second of division 1 basketball, but this is the kid that can save our ass. I have full confidence in terms of what he brings to the table and into this program. And I really like Manigault and his future. But this guy can be the glue to hold this current ship together the next several years at least. Keep him here, and built on that.

funny-kevin-the-office-seal_zpsmedn9joz.jpg

Reactions: ratking17
More blatant Pitt hatin HYPOCRISY.......You al wrote for years DIXON CAN'T RECRUIT. Now we HAVE TO KEEP HIS RECRUITS. You all go to Pitt elementary???

He is the only one that is a must, just cause we don't have a pg, and he looks top 30 to 50 at his position. We will be getting better recruits going forward, bet my life on that one

Opening up his recruitment is a no-brainer for his side. His stock sky-rocketed last summer and only continued to do so this past HS season.

If Knight stays on staff and Stallings gets out to pursue this kid quickly, Pitt could still keep his commitment. He will be a very good fit with his ability to put the ball on the floor and defend in Stallings system. Show him the highlights of Wade Baldwin and what Stallings did for Baldwin and the Kitchcart camp should see the fit.

He is going to be a VERY hot commodity though...being in the spring, his recruitment may rise a couple levels...however, Pitt will likely be in the mix for any others that open up this spring too.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Opening up his recruitment is a no-brainer for his side. His stock sky-rocketed last summer and only continued to do so this past HS season.

If Knight stays on staff and Stallings gets out to pursue this kid quickly, Pitt could still keep his commitment. He will be a very good fit with his ability to put the ball on the floor and defend in Stallings system. Show him the highlights of Wade Baldwin and what Stallings did for Baldwin and the Kitchcart camp should see the fit.

He is going to be a VERY hot commodity though...being in the spring, his recruitment may rise a couple levels...however, Pitt will likely be in the mix for any others that open up this spring too.
So we COULD be in the mix for a point guard that was up til very recently, committed to us.. Well that is great news.. At least we still have a chance..

No matter who was hired to replace Dixon...Kithcart was going to re-open his recruitment. I think Stallings has a better chance to retain him than probably most other coaching candidates that would have emerged following Miller, Enfield, etc.

He can't open up his recruitment until Pitt lets him out of his LOI. Pitt won't let him out of his LOI until he speaks with Stallings. We have the first, and best, shot to keep him.

Reactions: fitzburgh
No matter who was hired to replace Dixon...Kithcart was going to re-open his recruitment. I think Stallings has a better chance to retain him than probably most other coaching candidates that would have emerged following Miller, Enfield, etc.
B_Man,
Since Justice has signed a LOI, can Stallings comment on him during his presser?

I hope if a journalist is reading this, they can help to keep Justice in the Pitt fold by asking Stallings about the signed recruits.

Reactions: fitzburgh
Stallings isn't blocking it, he only does that to players who want to come to pitt

TheScore App Alerted me a second ago that he decommited.
-so that's that.
He's gone (like all the other players in the class we thought we once had)

It isn't good.

Stalling recruited him for Vandy, and he looked at them.

If his view of him was strong enough to commit, he likely would not ask for his release.

I REALLY warmed up to this kid.

It isn't good.

Stalling recruited him for Vandy, and he looked at them.

If his view of him was strong enough to commit, he likely would not ask for his release.

I REALLY warmed up to this kid.

Likely gone, but his Dad did say they would still consider Pitt.

Bye, no damn kid is bigger than the program. I want him to stay but we will get good players , better than him soon enough

I always thought kids choose the school and not the coach !
No point guard next year could really be bad. Kithcart has opportunity to start here right off the bat.
We'll see how good a salesman Stallings is wont we

He liked Pitt enough to commit, and he might've liked Stallings at Vandy enough to give them a long look.. So you'd think he'd want to give Stallings at Pitt some serious consideration.. But if you're Kithcart, and you've seen the reaction this hire has garnered from the local and national basketball community (whether warranted or not), it'd be awful hard to stay committed to Pitt.. Just too much negativity for a young kid to voluntarily step into.. I'd be incredibly impressed with Stallings if he could get him to stay..

He liked Pitt enough to commit, and he might've liked Stallings at Vandy enough to give them a long look.. So you'd think he'd want to give Stallings at Pitt some serious consideration.. But if you're Kithcart, and you've seen the reaction this hire has garnered from the local and national basketball community (whether warranted or not), it'd be awful hard to stay committed to Pitt.. Just too much negativity for a young kid to voluntarily step into.. I'd be incredibly impressed with Stallings if he could get him to stay..
LOL, yeah, it's all our fault.. Damn do we fans have all this power, we got Dixon fired (even though he left on his own) and now we are making the recruits leave.. With all this power we have, you'd think we could control which coach gets hired but I guess our power only goes so far..

Reactions: FireballZ
But if you're Kithcart, and you've seen the reaction this hire has garnered from the local and national basketball community (whether warranted or not), it'd be awful hard to stay committed to Pitt.. Just too much negativity for a young kid to voluntarily step into.. .
Oh you mean the same idiots on this message board who have been driving a lot of that negativity? But if Kithcart wants to go elsewhere they will blame Stallings.

Do you think it has anything to do with coach Carey offering a better PG before he even changed his vandy colored sweater?

I know I know justice is the best recruit ever just..no one but us and austin peay saw it..

Do you think it has anything to do with coach Carey offering a better PG before he even changed his vandy colored sweater?

I know I know justice is the best recruit ever just..no one but us and austin peay saw it..

Except now he's the best PG available (national recruiting analysts words) and there will be a ton of competition for him from majors everywhere. The kid blew up big time this year, he's going to have a ton of big time programs calling on him. This will be a major setback for Stallings, and the near future for Pitt basketball. Losing a 4 star recruit at a position of desperate need the day you are announced as coach isn't a good start.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
LOL, yeah, it's all our fault.. Damn do we fans have all this power, we got Dixon fired (even though he left on his own) and now we are making the recruits leave.. With all this power we have, you'd think we could control which coach gets hired but I guess our power only goes so far..

These kids live and die with (social) media.. And there's been nothing but negative reaction to this hire ever since it was rumored.. Now it's true.. You don't think if you were a 17 yr old kid you'd have second thoughts about that school??
'EVERYONE thinks it's a terrible hire, but so what I'm still going there..' Yeah that's gonna be tough for a kid to do..

Except now he's the best PG available (national recruiting analysts words) and there will be a ton of competition for him from majors everywhere. The kid blew up big time this year, he's going to have a ton of big time programs calling on him. This will be a major setback for Stallings, and the near future for Pitt basketball. Losing a 4 star recruit at a position of desperate need the day you are announced as coach isn't a good start.

I understand because everyone else is signed, he will be the best (only?) real PG option available and get more interest. Good for him.
as far as blowing up, every average to bad recruit we beat old dominion for over the past 5+ years 'blew up' after they committed and somehow leaked that air back out once they got here. Maybe this is the one its actually true I guess you guys who watched a 2 minute highlight reel would know better than me.

Did vandy actually offer him before? the only 2 power conference offers i saw other than us were bottom feeders, TCU pre jamie and Clemson

The kid is a four star guard, do you think its okay to lose four star guards simply because he committed to Pitt prior to blowing up?

He had offers from Pitt, Clemson, Providence, Creighton, Memphis, & others, plus had high interest from a bunch of others. That was prior to having a dominant year.

Id be quite a bit worried about Providence here, as well as a bunch of new top level schools that will undoubtedly reach out.

The kid is a four star guard, do you think its okay to lose four star guards simply because he committed to Pitt prior to blowing up?
I think its quite expected to lose this PG when the coach he committed to quit, and one that didn't offer him (at a lesser school) comes in and immediately, before he even changes his business card logo, offers a better point guard.

his a high mid major recruit that we offered only after psu, providence whoever else beat us out for others. those are the facts, who/when we offered and who offered hiim.

while i appreciate pitt fans saying how much he blew up the facts are in his home state, and the state he played HS, there are 6 ACC teams. Wake is certainly under us and didn't offer. Duke/NC obviously didn't offer for reasons they can point at anyone they want. Virginia is now a better school, so didn't offer. VT and NC State are statistically under us, but reality is they aren't but also didn't offer. 0/6 of teams that we should be competing with were like 'yeah let pitt have that kid' I'll take facts over opinions of people here who never saw him play.

If kentucky, oklahoma, even LSU or florida come calling now I guess he really did blow up. If he ends up at TCU or east carolina i guess not so much.

Thompson isn't better, and he's a year out as well.

Vanderbilt had high interest in Kithcart, but Kithcart loved Pitt, and committed on his visit in large part due to Knight.

Kithcart isn't a mid major recruit, you are showing your absolute ignorance with that statement.

apparently Kithcart has already spoken with Stallings. After that conversation he decided to open things up. Not the best sign.

These kids live and die with (social) media.. And there's been nothing but negative reaction to this hire ever since it was rumored.. Now it's true.. You don't think if you were a 17 yr old kid you'd have second thoughts about that school??
'EVERYONE thinks it's a terrible hire, but so what I'm still going there..' Yeah that's gonna be tough for a kid to do..

It's awful late in the process though, as long as the external items which made Kithcart like Pitt stay the same (ladies, cars, free food) he'll still come. Also, don't we actually have to release him?

Thompson isn't better, and he's a year out as well.

Vanderbilt had high interest in Kithcart, but Kithcart loved Pitt, and committed on his visit in large part due to Knight.

Kithcart isn't a mid major recruit, you are showing your absolute ignorance with that statement.
I said high mid major recruit.
And im not showing my 'absolute ingnorance' im showing his offer sheet..

Also I have not watched either of these kids live but going by who has offered, and his grade on the recruiting sites (not sure what else to go by...)
yes Thompson is better. Much better offer sheet.

Hes got 4 ACC offers, one from a top 10 team. A couple big 10 offers, Sec offer.
Justice had us, clemson, and tcu. Pick which is more impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT