ADVERTISEMENT

K. Raines now ours to lose?

sappycrease

Redshirt
Oct 12, 2015
With PSU receiving commitments from 4 DBs, it seems to be that there will be no room at the inn in Crappy Valley. Should we be expecting a commitment soon? I can't see any of the other schools left on his list being any competition at this point.

Also, do we think Narduzzi sees him as a Safety or LB at PITT?

Reactions: Jtommyj
Hope you're right. Raines looks like an excellent prospect in a massive area of need. Hopefully his ties to current PITT players, along with an excellent coaching staff will help him decide PITT is IT!

Reactions: Jtommyj
I think if you told someone last a couple years ago that Pitt would get 3 out of 4 of Hamlin, Ford, Midget and Raines, and said select 3 you would want most, we would be ecstatically choosing Hamlin, Ford and Raines.

TD I'm just saying Gibby has gotten two kids from Aliquippa so he must be doing something they like up there?

With PSU receiving commitments from 4 DBs, it seems to be that there will be no room at the inn in Crappy Valley. Should we be expecting a commitment soon? I can't see any of the other schools left on his list being any competition at this point.

Also, do we think Narduzzi sees him as a Safety or LB at PITT?

Pitt or WVU.

Darduzzi "must" get Raines and WVU needs him!Different circumstances with Raines then with Henry and Fields?

Darduzzi "must" get Raines and WVU needs him!Different circumstances with Raines then with Henry and Fields?

I think the difference is the coaches who were recruiting these players, along with the emphasis of the current staff regarding the defensive secondary. Narduzzi's best defenses at MSU were loaded in the secondary, allowing the DL to take risks in order to pressure the QB and make plays in the backfield. The prior coaching staff had a different approach.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I didn't say Fields was a good player but he is from Aliquippa and Gibby got him to Wvu.Raines would boost both Pitt and WVU up the recruiting ladder which they both need.Both teams must improve their pass defense.Gibby is actually doing better than I expected in the bombs away Big12.I'm waiting to see if Darduzzi tweeks his defensive philosophy from what he did in the run happy Big 10?

I didn't say Fields was a good player but he is from Aliquippa and Gibby got him to Wvu.Raines would boost both Pitt and WVU up the recruiting ladder which they both need.Both teams must improve their pass defense.Gibby is actually doing better than I expected in the bombs away Big12.I'm waiting to see if Darduzzi tweeks his defensive philosophy from what he did in the run happy Big 10?
So you are talking about a player, who Pitt might have not even taken, as an example of a good recruiting job? I don't even think he had a real offer from Pitt at any point, but he certainly did not when he chose WVU. How is his recruitment relevant? WVU got him over Temple and Cincinnati. Cool.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
88 why are you looking for an argument from me about Fields?I sad he wasn't a good player but he was from Aliquippa!Now your going to say Pitt didn't want Henry either?Your sounding like a PSU fan,lose a recruit and they're not Pitt material.Gee WVU loses one and it because he didn't want to go to Wvu no excuses needed down here.

88 why are you looking for an argument from me about Fields?I sad he wasn't a good player but he was from Aliquippa!Now your going to say Pitt didn't want Henry either?Your sounding like a PSU fan,lose a recruit and they're not Pitt material.Gee WVU loses one and it because he didn't want to go to Wvu no excuses needed down here.
Because you aren't in tune with reality. Fields was a below average recruit. He didn't have a scholarship offer to go to Pitt, at least, when he picked WVU. That isn't a "win" for WVU getting a Quip. It isn't the same as PSU saying they wouldn't take a guy like LeSean McCoy. The situations are entirely different. Raines is entirely different as well. Fields and Raines aren't even remotely similar recruiting cases. Raines would be a very good get for either program. Fields was not.

Raines is a guy getting Ivy league offers. He is a bit different than the typical meathead DB out there. I think he is Pitt's to lose as well. I have no inside information, and he seemed to really like PSU during his visit. I just cant see him going to WVU.

Well if Raines is all about academics he better jump on the Ivy league offers.He will not get a better education than they can give him,unless he goes to Stanford!

If I remember correctly Fields waited to long and Pitt moved on. So the point is WVU didn't take Fields from Pitt. Maybe he would have picked WVU anyway but I think Pitt said good luck. Obviously Henry looked at D.C. House and didn't stop laughing until he and his family were driving by Washington PA on their way to Morgantown. He would never have said no to Pitt if HCPN was in town. That's my memory but of course I could be confused with another 18 year old.

Greg how do you know he wouldn't of said no to Narduzzi?Maybe he just liked Morgantown and the coaches.Maybe he liked riding the PRT and he wanted to watch Huggin's teams play instead of Dixon's?

Man you guys hate Chryst,I thought he was a good coach that recruited for his system.Personally I don't care where Raines goes to school Psu,WVU or Pitt.I really don't think he'll be an elite cover guy at any of the three?But I think he could be a good O-line backer in a couple of years if he developes his body.He'll probably go to Pitt and be a two time All American Safety,that's how much I know about football!

has nothing to do with liking or not liking PC. He and House blew the henry recruitment. the henry entire family was some kind of pissed off.

Man you guys hate Chryst,I thought he was a good coach that recruited for his system.Personally I don't care where Raines goes to school Pitt,WVU or Pitt.I really don't think he'll be an elite cover guy at any of the three?But I think he could be a good O-line backer in a couple of years if he developes his body.He'll probably go to Pitt and be a two time All American Safety,that's how much I know about football!

Reactions: Pitt0912
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT