ADVERTISEMENT

We are OUT for now

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Need a lot of help but this massive blowout is going to tank our NET and leave a bad impression for the committee.

I am going to assume FAU doesn't win CUSA, get an at-large bid, and there are no other bid stealers or a team like Vandy who can maybe get in by making the SEC Final.

There are 5 spots for 9 teams. My rankings right now:

1. Miss St
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Utah State
5. Nevada
6. Pitt
7. Arizona State
8. Oklahoma State
9. UNC
10. Clemson

Need Illinois to beat PSU but even in doing so, they would be 9-12 in Q1/2 with 1 Q3 loss and 0 Q4 losses but only 4 road wins Their NET will also be better than ours.

Need Rutgers to lose to Purdue. They would drop to 11-10 in Q1 but with 4 Q3 losses and only 4 road wins

Utah State and Nevada are really difficult teams to evaluate. Both of them losing early would help.

Desperately need ASU, OKSt, UNC, and Clemson to lose and FAU to win.

We are going to be really really sweating.

NET is going to be 70. 7-9 Q1/2. 2 Q3/4 losses. What goes in our favor is 7 road wins. But, man its going to be really close. We absolutely can miss the tournament now.

I still think they are in but won’t be surprised if they drop down to Dayton after this loss. While this wasn’t good today by any stretch I think you ate overreacting just a bit in saying everyone of those teams pass Pitt up. I think their net will drop only 6 or 7 and will be around 62-63. I don’t see it falling all the way to 70 that’s a stretch.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The net isn't the only metric used to determine the NCAA selections. Pitt is in.

Not only is the NET not the only metric they use, (everyone, say it with me) the NCAA does not select the field using team's NET rankings and they do not seed the field using the team's NET rankings.

Need a lot of help but this massive blowout is going to tank our NET and leave a bad impression for the committee.

I am going to assume FAU doesn't win CUSA, get an at-large bid, and there are no other bid stealers or a team like Vandy who can maybe get in by making the SEC Final.

1. Miss St
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Utah State
5. Nevada
6. Pitt
7. Arizona State
8. Oklahoma State
9. UNC
10. Clemson

Need Illinois to beat PSU but even in doing so, they would be 9-12 in Q1/2 with 1 Q3 loss and 0 Q4 losses but only 4 road wins Their NET will also be better than ours.

Need Rutgers to lose to Purdue. They would drop to 11-10 in Q1 but with 4 Q3 losses and only 4 road wins

Utah State and Nevada are really difficult teams to evaluate. Both of them losing early would help.

NET is going to be 70. 7-9 Q1/2. 2 Q3/4 losses. What goes in our favor is 7 road wins. But, man its going to be really close. We absolutely can miss the tournament now.
Do you ever stop? Or is nonsense just embedded in your DNA?

The net isn't the only metric used to determine the NCAA selections. Pitt is in.

Right but 7-9 Q1/2, 2 Q3/4 losses, 7 road wins. You cant be totally confident of getting in over say

8-10 Q1/2, 1 Q3/4 losses, 1 Q4 loss, 7 road wins. Everyone has this team out but you could absolutely argue they are in over Pitt.

Or lets say this team wins today and loses tomorrow, they would be 11-14 Q1/2, 1 Q3 loss, 4 road wins.

Our NET is going to be so bad now, it could act as that tiebreaker to knock us out.

1. Miss St
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Utah State
5. Nevada
6. Pitt
7. Arizona State
8. Oklahoma State
9. UNC
10. Clemson

Rutgers Utah State and Nevada aren’t currently ahead of Pitt even after this loss. I still feel pretty good just gotta hope there aren’t more then 2 bid stealers come by Sunday in these conference tournaments. My one upset today is San Jose State over Nevada.

1. Miss St
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Utah State
5. Nevada
6. Pitt
7. Arizona State
8. Oklahoma State
9. UNC
10. Clemson

1000 dollars on it

1000 dollars on it

Dude, I am not going to bet a random internet person so stop asking me to bet you every single day. Even if I wanted to, I said they are out for now, not out for good. All those teams I listed could lose their next game. We need them to.

Dude, I am not going to bet a random internet person so stop asking me to bet you every single day. Even if I wanted to, I said they are out for now, not out for good. All those teams I listed could lose their next game. We need them to.
Figured

If you change your mind, I'd wager that they're in. Happy to escrow.

If you change your mind, I'd wager that they're in. Happy to escrow.

Can you people not read? They can still get in! They need teams to lose and for FAU to win. I acknowledged they can still get in. Why would I bet that they dont? I dont have a lot of faith in teams like PSU, OK St, etc winning.

Can you people not read? They can still get in! They need teams to lose and for FAU to win. I acknowledged they can still get in. Why would I bet that they dont? I dont have a lot of faith in teams like PSU, OK St, etc winning.
I will take that as a no thank you.

So as usual you’re playing both sides so you can claim you’re right

1000 dollars or honestly shut up

How stupid can you be honestly? I gave you what I thought would happen if they picked the field right now. Why would I bet you right now when PSU, Nevada, Utah St, Az St, OK St, UNC, Clemson can all lose and FAU could win. I have said 100 times they can still make the NCAAT. I'd probably put it at 50% or so. I literally think they can make it and said they are "out for now." So why would I bet a stranger, taking a side in which I may agree with you come tonight, or this weekend? Don't be an idiot all your life.

If your have access, you can read Gasaway’s update. The summary is after a heated debate at Bubble HQ, they left Pitt in the “should be in” category FOR NOW. They are waiting for tomorrow’s team sheets which won’t be pretty.

The ND loss led to a series of unfortunate events that directly led to today’s jarring outcome. It was a great 20-5 ride after a dismal 1-3 start followed by another dismal 1-3 finish. First ranking in over 7 years. A lot to be proud of.

If your have access, you can read Gasaway’s update. The summary is after a heated debate at Bubble HQ, they left Pitt in the “should be in” category FOR NOW. They are waiting for tomorrow’s team sheets which won’t be pretty.

The ND loss led to a series of unfortunate events that directly led to today’s jarring outcome. It was a great 20-5 ride after a dismal 1-3 start followed by another dismal 1-3 finish. First ranking in over 7 years. A lot to be proud of.
"After a long and at times heated staff meeting here at Bubble Watch HQ, a decision was reached to keep the Panthers under "Should be in." For now. Yesterday, Bubble Watch referenced the need for Jeff Capel's team to make a "respectable showing" in any potential loss to Duke in the ACC quarterfinals. What happened instead was a 96-69 humbling administered by the Blue Devils. Now we await with interest the release of tomorrow's team sheets. The numbers listed there won't be pretty for the Panthers, of course, after losing to the NET's No. 25 team by 27. Maybe it doesn't matter either way. Maybe the committee will look past those figures entirely. Still, Bubble Watch wants a peek at the whole-season metrics after a rather jarring 33rd game from Pitt. (updated March 9)"

They are waiting for the NET update and its going to be bad. With a NET of 70, a lot of people are going to have them out or barely in.

"After a long and at times heated staff meeting here at Bubble Watch HQ, a decision was reached to keep the Panthers under "Should be in." For now. Yesterday, Bubble Watch referenced the need for Jeff Capel's team to make a "respectable showing" in any potential loss to Duke in the ACC quarterfinals. What happened instead was a 96-69 humbling administered by the Blue Devils. Now we await with interest the release of tomorrow's team sheets. The numbers listed there won't be pretty for the Panthers, of course, after losing to the NET's No. 25 team by 27. Maybe it doesn't matter either way. Maybe the committee will look past those figures entirely. Still, Bubble Watch wants a peek at the whole-season metrics after a rather jarring 33rd game from Pitt. (updated March 9)"

They are waiting for the NET update and its going to be bad. With a NET of 70, a lot of people are going to have them out or barely in.
But you can't write Pitt will miss the Dance lol. That's taboo on here. We should all be singing We are the World that a team a near virtual lock to get in 2 weeks ago has effectively blown chance after chance.

The analytics say that we want miami to win tonight, but the human element on the committee may say, "if Duke runs roughshod over the rest of the ACC this week, Nobody was beating them this week"

Right? I think we want Duke to smash Miami

I don't even think we make Dayton. I think we are going to the NIT. Thx Jeff. Way to not have your team even show up yesterday!! Good job. Way to not use an early time out when Filipowski was wide open for 2 of the easiest 3 point attempts I have ever seen!

Just please stop talking. My god. You are such a baby and honestly I think you want Pitt to miss so you can crush capel.

Just please stop talking. My god. You are such a baby and honestly I think you want Pitt to miss so you can crush capel.

Do you realize now that Pitt needed teams to lose and still do and I was right? They are IN for now but really really close to not making it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT