ADVERTISEMENT

Kaboly blames Pitt for Steelers’ NFLPA report card grades

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
You can’t make this up…

For context, the Steelers finished 28th out of 32 teams in the NFLPA’s annual report card grades, which surveys players on how they feel about facilities, owners, coaches, etc. Of course, he fails to mention the fact that multiple players have said the Pitt side is better.

Sharing with Pitt is definitely an issue if they were looking to expand, but idk how that's hindering them from improving what they currently have.
It's totally Pitt's fault that the players feel like their families aren't treated well or that the training staff is average.

i think you guys are reaching. i believe he's blaming the situation moreso than pitt. it's a below average facility, already too small AND it's shared with pitt. he's got a point.
He's blaming Pitt, the F- they got for treatment of families on gamedays has nothing to do with Pitt, the F Art II got has nothing to do with Pitt, and the D's they got for team travel and nutrition has nothing to do with Pitt. We don't know the context of the players issues with the locker room and training room, but I have a feeling it's more do to with not being on par with other teams and not size issues.

There’s a lot of fat malcontents in the local media. Next he’ll be blaming Pitt for being a disgusting slob.

Nothing is stopping the Steelers in improving the situation they have without expanding.

If fat head put any thought into the situation he would’ve come to the same conclusion. It’s quality, not quantity…

i think you guys are reaching. i believe he's blaming the situation moreso than pitt. it's a below average facility, already too small AND it's shared with pitt. he's got a point.
when it was built to house both from the get go nothing is "shared"... I'm struggling to comprehend how it was not whined about being too small when it was built 20+ years ago but is too small now...odd, they won one super bowl and played in another in that time frame...

Last edited:
Somehow Pitt manages to have much much nicer facilities there than the Steelers do. Size is not an issue. Art II being a cheapskate and lacking the redeeming qualities of his father and grandfather is
feel like most P5 colleges are going to have better facilities than an NFL team. they need the bells/whistles to attract recruits, NFL football players, aka, adults, dont worry too much about square footage of a weight room and putt putt golf and a barber at the practice facility.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
If fat head put any thought into the situation...
Charlie Murphy Laugh GIF

I just love that you called him fat head. I'm here for all the funny comments.

Last edited:
He absolutely has a point. That place is landlocked and there is no way to expand.

Somehow Pitt manages to have much much nicer facilities there than the Steelers do. Size is not an issue. Art II being a cheapskate and lacking the redeeming qualities of his father and grandfather is
Art is cheap. Art need to buck up. But there are alleged space issues above and beyond that. And the only way to fix it is for the Steelers to go their separate ways from Pitt and go to Southpointe or cranberry.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
You can’t make this up…

For context, the Steelers finished 28th out of 32 teams in the NFLPA’s annual report card grades, which surveys players on how they feel about facilities, owners, coaches, etc. Of course, he fails to mention the fact that multiple players have said the Pitt side is better.
Even at Acrisure the Pitt side is better. The Rooney’s suck. Let’s call it what it is.

nope, just enough room to have a full sized football field. Willie Davis said it best, failure is on the steelers for not seeing 3 feet down the road that this facility was way to small for an NFL team's needs..

He absolutely has a point. That place is landlocked and there is no way to expand.
It was land locked when it was built and deemed ok then...

Other than some union survey why do they need to expand from a place that preciously was not too small? Just because they are not near the top of said union survey does not mean the facilities are inadequate for their indented purpose

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I thought Dan Rooney chose the smaller locker room for the Steelers? Yet this guy is blaming Art? And how is Pitt responsible for the F and D grades on the list.

Treatment of Family? That's on the Steelers.
Nutritionist/Dietician? That's up to the Steelers.
Travel? That's on the Steelers.
Ownership? On that Steelers

The only bad grade that might have influence from Pitt are the training room facilities. And even still, what is wrong with them other than the machines aren't diamond encrusted?

Other than some union survey why do they need to expand from a place that preciously was not too small? Just because they are not near the top of said union survey does not mean the facilities are inadequate for their indented purpose
Yeah it’s probably just keeping up with the jones’. All I know is that they’ve always said that the weight room is too small and so is the locker room and if they want more bells and whistles, they can’t adequately do it.

it was deemed ok and adequate then because someone else was footing the bill and instead of seeing this and realizing that if and when you want to expand, you cant, was an error in judgement by the rooneys..

Reactions: sskuba06
You can’t make this up…

How in the world is he blaming Pitt for anything? He said there is no room because they share the facilities. That is an explanation, not a blame. It has nothing to due with Pitt.

How in the world is he blaming Pitt for anything? He said there is no room because they share the facilities. That is an explanation, not a blame. It has nothing to due with Pitt.
He’s making an incorrect assertion that sharing facilities with Pitt doesn’t allow them to make improvements. Sharing facilities with the Steelers did not stop Pitt from making extensive renovations to their side.

Last edited:
Don't worry. The Stillers will put a new facility in Cranbury and probably get a state grant because it's integrated with a sports medicine campus or something. Then Pitt can use the current location for themselves.

There is also plenty of space across the river if they want to remain in the city.

Don't worry. The Stillers will put a new facility in Cranbury and probably get a state grant because it's integrated with a sports medicine campus or something. Then Pitt can use the current location for themselves.

There is also plenty of space across the river if they want to remain in the city.
Actually, I need some to come up with MS Paint renderings of what a South Side Pitt Stadium would look like on the lot. It could even be connected to campus with a gondola! :oops:

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Actually, I need some to come up with MS Paint renderings of what a South Side Pitt Stadium would look like on the lot. It could even be connected to campus with a gondola! :oops:

If they moved the facility across the river then it could be connected to Oakland via the potential Panther Hollow road/rail connector. But that's too forward thinking.

Already done by the Oakland zoo account earlier today

Pitt in the process of buying the PAA building again. Besides a 3 paragraph CrazyPaco post on that subject, I sense a new MS Paint rendering of that space the the sorrounding parking area, but I think the new computing school is going in that lot?

Pitt in the process of buying the PAA building again. Besides a 3 paragraph CrazyPaco post on that subject, I sense a new MS Paint rendering of that space the the sorrounding parking area, but I think the new computing school is going in that lot?
That stadium is gonna be a reeeeeeeal tight squeeze on the Syrian mosque site after they put up a hotel behind the PAA…

I really don't think Kaboly is blaming Pitt for the grades, rather just the current arrangement that limits space. That doesn't mean the Steelers couldn't have upgraded the current facility, I just think part of it is keeping with the old-school "football first" mentality without the luxurious locker rooms.

Do these grades even mean much? They do fine keeping their star players. They are able to sign the types of players they want. The Steelers, Patriots, and Chiefs make up 3 of the bottom 5. With that said, it's always good to do some self assessment and look for some improvements with this type of feedback.

Reactions: Lchertik
What’s too small or so bad about it ?
What makes a practice facility better ?

NFL roster and practice squad has like 70 guys total, maybe less. College football roster with walkons included is like 115. How does Pitt manage to have enough room in the same space? Rooney is just a cheap wad and as always Kaboly is happy to be his lapdog.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT