ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Bell - New OC - OFFICIAL

Is this good?

It's... different. Probably only going to require about half of what our reported OC budget was, which is kind of odd.

I saw we offered a receiver from Western Carolina, so hopefully this at least seals that deal.

This dude plays fast, which I generally like, but that can also put you in quite the hole if you're not successful. But, as with all OC hires, I think it's kind of silly to be adamant one way or the other. No one can predict how it will work out.

I like that Pitt went with young and different from the previous approach. They needed to try something else. As mentioned above, this wouldn't be an expensive hire so it'd be nice if Narduzzi could use that to upgrade other areas of the staff.

FCS to P5 seems like a pretty sizeable jump. I would have thought G5 OC or P5 position coaches would be the next step on the ascension. He must have nailed the interview.

I like that Pitt went with young and different from the previous approach. They needed to try something else. As mentioned above, this wouldn't be an expensive hire so it'd be nice if Narduzzi could use that to upgrade other areas of the staff.
Yeah, the rinse and repeat needed to be changed. This is the make or break it hire for him. I like it, as I’ve started researching him a bit when his name was brought up.

IDK if it will work, but will be interesting which is still a upgrade from the boring mess of last yr.

Good. The guy can score. Combine it with a defense that can make things happen and we could have a good team.

Well a thread entitled "The Finish Line" has about 200 replies in an hour on the other board, so...
You again??? Scram
Texas Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

Reactions: FireballZ

Can't say Narduzzi doesn't have balls or an unwillingness to change his offensive philosophy.

Now the key will be OL, RB and TE coach replacements.

In addition to the elephant in the room: Finding the right QB fit.

But yeah - I'm down with the high risk/high reward approach in trying to mitigate the disadvantages in the current college football landscape. If successful, this guy isn't going to be here long, but that's okay. Just get us some points.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Pretty big jump, especially since he coaches for his dad (former Gator QB) in the FCS.

How much does Kerwin make down there in Cullowhee?

Like the hire. Balanced approach but plays fast. Young guy versed on modern day football. Looks like at least the receiver who led the team could come along. I am set with Yarnell at Qb but he had a soph Qb that is a dual threat Cole Gonzales who would be a good compliment to Yarnell. Had 28 tds and just six picks. Game planning for the opposing dc would make it difficult to plan for as opposed to the other dropback QBs on our roster. Maybe JD could be used as well as a running threat if he doesn’t add a Qb from the portal.

Sounds great...

Reactions: FireballZ
It’s certainly a swing, hopefully he works out. I know nothing about him other than his only boss has been his father and was handed offensive coordinator in his 2nd season as a coach. Can’t say that I’m excited about the pick but it’s not Cignetti so there something to celebrate.

Don’t know if it will work out. But I also don’t know if it won’t work out.

There hasn’t been a hire starting with Watson that I didn’t come into the hire thread and say, “this sucks. We’re screwed.”

Can’t say that about this one. Complete wait and see mode. Which is good.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT