ADVERTISEMENT

Keep this site relevent

dougpaper

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
I know alot of you are more connected to the Pitt coaches and goings on. Please keep information flowing on this site or it goes dormant till next wrestling season. I realize alot less fans than football and basketball but with stanford dropping wrestling with i am sure others maybe we have some inside lines on transfers. Wrestling like basketball can be turned on a dime good or bad with the addition or deletion of players. Lets hope Pitt fills some holes in the lineup and look forward to next season already.

I am with you, you never really hear much about who we are actually recruiting, who’s committing soon, who’s close to a lock with Pitt, and transfers we are going after. It’s more exciting to me cause pa is the hotbed for wrestling not like football or basketball. So much talent in our back yard, even when the top programs get theirs, there is still so much talent that Pitt can get. Not too mention in the surrounding states as well. I would love to hear some recruiting news!!

Small tidbit. During NLWC event, it was mentioned that Dayton Pitzer has top 6 that included Pitt. He may end up as the top recruit in the state next year, can't recall all the schools but I know PSU and Oklahoma were on his list as well

Haven't seen this mentioned yet.

Former AA 2x state finalist at 215 from Eastern PA - Dylan Bennett - going to join Pitt Football as a walk-on linebacker.

Reactions: DevilDog42
The next big thing will be the transfer market. Hopefully we land some of the guys we’re in on to improve the lineup.
Thanks for the info - any names in the portal that we are in on that you can share? Thanks again!!

Small tidbit. During NLWC event, it was mentioned that Dayton Pitzer has top 6 that included Pitt. He may end up as the top recruit in the state next year, can't recall all the schools but I know PSU and Oklahoma were on his list as well
I have known the family from before he was born. My bet would be Oklahoma but would love to have him at Pitt. Has alot of family that could easily attend matches and if it wasn't for a torn up knee last year he would most likely be a 3 year champion working on 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT