ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Bryant Transferring from Clemson

sappycrease

Redshirt
Oct 12, 2015
Doubt he would have interest in PITT (also not sure if he would be allowed to transfer within the ACC) but I'd kick the tires if I was the coaching staff.

Doubt he would have interest in PITT (also not sure if he would be allowed to transfer within the ACC) but I'd kick the tires if I was the coaching staff.

Jalen Hurts transferring. Dude from Ohio State loses QB battle and transfers to......LSU......and starts.

My goodness do these teams stockpile talent. It amazes me that these schools can get guys like this to compete for their job every day. Why not go to Pitt or NC State or Virginia? The talent gap is getting out of hand.

Jalen Hurts transferring. Dude from Ohio State loses QB battle and transfers to......LSU......and starts.

My goodness do these teams stockpile talent. It amazes me that these schools can get guys like this to compete for their job every day. Why not go to Pitt or NC State or Virginia? The talent gap is getting out of hand.

Because you can only go there anyway.
If you knew you could always go home with the 6 at the Bar at any point in time of the night, why wouldn't you first make a run at the 10?

After all the talk about Pickett being The Guy this off-season, going after a high-profile kid like Bryant will be very difficult to explain. And clearly, Pickett is not going to be happy about it. Even kicking the tires on Bryant is going to cause problems.

Hurts and Wimbush next?

Add the one kid at Texas that did pretty well his FR season (the national game against ND still sticks out), before losing the job to the current kid.
USCw has a few 4* QBs that are probably gone with Daniels now starting.
And it will be interesting to see what happens with Fields and Fromm at UGA.
And Tate Martell at OSU if their QB doesn't leave after this season.

After all the talk about Pickett being The Guy this off-season, going after a high-profile kid like Bryant will be very difficult to explain. And clearly, Pickett is not going to be happy about it. Even kicking the tires on Bryant is going to cause problems.

Who cares?

Kelly Bryant >>> Pickett.

Pickett is never going to be a QB that will win the ACC and Bryant gives us a much better shot. Not saying Kelly would ever want a transfer to PITT, but if you can upgrade the position then you do it.

I disagree. Pickett was anointed as the starter, as a difference-maker, as the new face of the offense. And now after 4 games you want to start auditioning replacements. That is just a bad look. It will piss off Pickett, and it will make everybody else on the team jumpy.

Everyone here wants to preach stability and loyalty. Both of those are a 2-way street. If Narduzzi does this, he shouldn't be surprised by some of the likely responses. At some point, you have to start developing your own chosen players and stop the carousel of replacement transfers.

Reactions: caleco's
I disagree. Pickett was anointed as the starter, as a difference-maker, as the new face of the offense. And now after 4 games you want to start auditioning replacements. That is just a bad look. It will piss off Pickett, and it will make everybody else on the team jumpy.

Everyone here wants to preach stability and loyalty. Both of those are a 2-way street. If Narduzzi does this, he shouldn't be surprised by some of the likely responses. At some point, you have to start developing your own chosen players and stop the carousel of replacement transfers.
You go after the best people that put you in a position to win. At this level I could care less about feelings

You go after the best people that put you in a position to win. At this level I could care less about feelings
yep, you go with the guy beat out by a freshman who leaves his college to go to another he knows nothing about looking for an eventual cfl gig...

Play the best player even if that best player is a freshman, sophmore or junior.
If a senior isn't cutting it he sits and doesn't play.

This is "big boy" football.

Coaches shouldn't make promises to players during the recruiting process.

Additionally coaches should be looking to pull in any transfer that will help the team regardless of who that person might replace.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

yep, you go with the guy beat out by a freshman who leaves his college to go to another he knows nothing about looking for an eventual cfl gig...
If he "would" come and beats everyone here absolutely. I could care less anymore who plays. I want the best players we can get.

I'm not worried about Pickett's feelings, this is division 1 football. He's not very good to begin with.

This program needs a shot in the arm, if Kelly showed ANY interest in playing at PITT I'd go all in.

I'm not worried about Pickett's feelings, this is division 1 football. He's not very good to begin with.

This program needs a shot in the arm, if Kelly showed ANY interest in playing at PITT I'd go all in.
Kelly Bryant isn't that great. He especially isn't a slam dunk as a 1 year transfer. It would not make sense for Pitt to pursue Bryant and would make even less sense for Bryant to settle on Pitt. Bryant is going to have options to go to legitimate P5 teams with real shots to win something. Why would he go to Pitt? We will be replacing 4 of 5 OL. We have a terrible cast of TEs and WRs and will lose our top 2 RBs with the other backups having very, very limited experience. We will have a returning starter with 2 more years to play and likely, at least, equal talent to Bryant. The OC is on the precipice of being fired and is extremely lowly regarded Nationally. The defense is one of the worst in the country. Pitt is one of the worst P5 options in the country for a QB looking to grad transfer next year.

No idea why a guy would want to come to Pitt and sit behind Kenny Heisman.

Don't tell anyone but I'm going out on a limb with a prediction that Pickett will not win the Heisman award this year.
Probably the first time I've been right about something in 5,144 posts.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Pickett is far from a major problem with this team. Even though his numbers are average, I actually see him as a bright spot. He’s a sophomore and is going to take lumps this year with the schedule being played, but there are enough tools there to see that he is a very good QB. Let’s also not forget that this receiving corps doesn’t exactly have a stand out guy.

Pickett is far from a major problem with this team. Even though his numbers are average, I actually see him as a bright spot. He’s a sophomore and is going to take lumps this year with the schedule being played, but there are enough tools there to see that he is a very good QB. Let’s also not forget that this receiving corps doesn’t exactly have a stand out guy.

I’d love to see Pickett with one decent wideout before writing him off. I watched Brady struggle Sunday night with Gronkowski doubled every play as his mediocre receivers failed to get open. Even the GOAT needs a guy to get open.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I don’t think he would really consider pitt but who knows. Sorry if I missed a post that mentioned this but what I wanna know is, will he not have graduated by the end of this year?

If he "would" come and beats everyone here absolutely. I could care less anymore who plays. I want the best players we can get.
uh, ya, you can make that supposition about anyone...however, and considering the talent around him, I am not sure if this kid would be an upgrade so I will withhold salivation at the possibility as said salivation is not warranted especially when spewed by the crew here who three weeks ago were making up silly nicknames for the savior of saviors Kenny Pickett. ....

Back in the day before all of this social media circus bullshit and before recruiting service star ratings and such crap some schools just stocked up talent and not everybody was going to be happy. This is nothing new.

Wvu bound?Holgersen loves transfer QBs.I'm willing to bet (and you know how good I am at betting)that one of these QBS end up at Wvu.

Bryant and Hurts are more dual threat than the traditional Holgersen QB. They might prefer to go someplace where they can use their legs a bit more? Just guessing though.

Bryant defiantly not in the Holgersen mold but there will be a fransfer coming from somewhere to Wvu.

bryant isnt that good, its easy to look good with Clemson roster,lets be real here,Clemson wanted to replace him last year but didnt have anyone to replace him with

The Athlon guide ranked Pitt's WR+TE group as the worst in the ACC before the season. I have yet to see anything suggesting that was a bad prediction.

Pickett isn't the problem. He has no weapons to throw to.
And no line to give him a chance !

Ps .. Pitt could use a lot of teams second stringers

The Athlon guide ranked Pitt's WR+TE group as the worst in the ACC before the season. I have yet to see anything suggesting that was a bad prediction.

Pickett isn't the problem. He has no weapons to throw to.
Narduzzi right before the season started, said how impressed he was with our wideouts.

He also said we can win the ACC lol

Reactions: cashisking884
Why is this a thread on here?

A) We don't play them.
B) He ain't coming here.
yep, no possibility or history of jilted QBs transferring from big programs coming here and then getting some nfl love the year after their stint...inconceivable to even bring up as a point of discussion.....now, lets end this and get back to more relevant topics such as uniform color combo this week discussions...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT