ADVERTISEMENT

kinda OT- Dorin Dickerson is awesome on the fan

I've caught Dorin once in a while when I'm in the car. Like to hear him - sometimes when he gets rolling he speaks really fast, I'd like to see him slow it down a tad.

One day he had Stull on with him and they had Jon Baldwin call in. It was interesting to hear them razzing each other a bit and talking about their time at Pitt.

I remember Baldwin saying his recruitment came down to ND and Pitt, but when he visited ND, Coach Weis didn't seem all that enthused, allowing Wanny to close the deal...

Go Pitt

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Wait a minute....hold the phone..hold the phone!
How can a guy who played the game, brought nothing but his best on every occasion and actually participated in the blood and guts portion of the game POSSIBLY know more than Ron Cook? Filled a Pony? Starkist and Mule Her?
No way.

How can a guy who played the game, brought nothing but his best on every occasion and actually participated in the blood and guts portion of the game POSSIBLY know more than Ron Cook? Filled a Pony? Starkist and Mule Her?
No way.

"Starkist"
Well done!

No way.

Trouble is, alot of ex jocks are shills and really don't add much. For honest opinion and analysis I usually like alot of writers. Not all athletes are shills, but man so many of them think they are still playing for the team that they don't offer up much. Now I am not saying DD is like that, he seems to be decently informed about sports overall.

Reactions: Big Marty1
I listened to DD a few Saturdays ago. Very entertaining. He had a couple of players on from the Wanny
era.

No way.
Starkey is a huge fan of DD. Loves working with him. So there's that

Trouble is, alot of ex jocks are shills and really don't add much. For honest opinion and analysis I usually like alot of writers. Not all athletes are shills, but man so many of them think they are still playing for the team that they don't offer up much. Now I am not saying DD is like that, he seems to be decently informed about sports overall.

Plus DD is very well spoken, and is a great representative of our university.

He improves every time he is on. First time I heard him, he was pretty bad. Almost unlistenable. But every time he is on, he gets better and better. Heard him a few days ago with Connor Dixon and Henry Hynoski called in. It was really good. In a very short period of time, he has improved dramatically. Wish I could say the same for Filaponi.

Reactions: hunterkiller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT