ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Headed Out of Baltimore ?

There are always some clowns who go there. It's not true.
One article I read was from a radical black source, "The Root" they claim it's racism, whites aren't comfortable with him because Lamar is too dark and has braided hair and looks too "hood" :) :) :)

Cleveland gave up more for Watson. Denver gave up alot for Russell Wilson, someone will make an offer.
2 number ones is not that hefty a price.
And the 2 number ones should be early, too. Maybe Kedon ends up there???

I’m genuinely baffled about why so many talking heads are up in arms over teams not being interested in Jackson. He’s no doubt an exceptional athlete. But he owes a lot of his success to the Ravens’ willingness to cater their offense to his strengths. In doing so, they’ve made their offense pretty one-dimensional. When you combine that with him always being injured, you can see why teams are hesitant to drop over $200mil on him. It’s not a grand conspiracy.

Nobody is going to be as stupid as the Cleveland Browns and guarantee 100% of a QB contract. Especially not for an injury prone QB with an inaccurate arm. Baltimore would have already signed him if not for this ridiculous demand.

He will get no such offers then come back to Ravens on a 1 year franchise tender of $30M.

I’m genuinely baffled about why so many talking heads are up in arms over teams not being interested in Jackson. He’s no doubt an exceptional athlete. But he owes a lot of his success to the Ravens’ willingness to cater their offense to his strengths. In doing so, they’ve made their offense pretty one-dimensional. When you combine that with him always being injured, you can see why teams are hesitant to drop over $200mil on him. It’s not a grand conspiracy.

Yeah, you would think that he would want to stay on the team that is catering to him as a QB, and take a contract that would allow them to build more around him.

But nope.

Yeah, you would think that he would want to stay on the team that is catering to him as a QB, and take a contract that would allow them to build more around him.

But nope.
I have no issue with Jackson and his agent trying to get as much money from the Ravens as they can. NFL careers are short. I’m just confused why people are acting as if other teams are conspiring against Jackson. Why would you sacrifice two first round picks for a guy who’s injured all the time and is at best an average passer?

But nope.
He likely knows that’s the best place to return to, but just fishing for them to pay him more by flirting elsewhere (and I’m sure his ego likes the attention). The Ravens in turn are watching what someone might offer to know just what the sweet spot is.

Ultimately he knows the Ravens built their offense for him (and few others could or would do the same, at least not quickly), and the Ravens know they are kind of screwed with their offense if he leaves (given they built it for him), so it seems likely they’ll find a happy medium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT