ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance U

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
Last season.....will be in California

Last Chance U will begin shooting a basketball spinoff, beginning with a Juco in Los Angeles.

Isn’t SoCal JUCO kind of like a glorified rec league? I kind of get football but don’t the better players that can’t get basketball gigs go to the D-league or Europe/South America?

It’s really spread out now more than ever where the top JUCO basketball teams are. You have ranked teams from Idaho, Wyoming etc. But for the most part the better leagues are in TX, Kansas (Jayhawk league) and FL.

CA JUCO basketball is totally separate from the rest of the nation. They can’t offer out of state freshman scholarships like many other D1 JUCOS can. Therefore their teams are made up of mostly CA kids. But there are still some good teams. If they pick the right team it could be interesting for Last Chance U. A team like East LA CC had 6 or 7 kids sign with D1 teams the past 2 years. Not high majors but Mountain West, Big West teams, etc.

I’m sure Last Chance U would make it interesting by picking the right team and some nut job coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77
Nice, always enjoyed this show.
The HC's are usually something else.
One of the few good shows on Netflix.

Any reason why they're cancelling? I enjoyed the show, and it's been interesting to see some of the guys show up on D1 stat sheets (Raheem Boyd is one of the better rushers in the SEC, for example) after they've left the JUCO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT