ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Paris Ford rumor

Ford's commitment to his home town team has been strong & has tried to recruit other players on top of that. He is a leader and will be a great Panther. Let him visit Miami in January!

H2P
What are your 2 sources inside the athletic department saying? They were spot on about Wade...oh wait

He's a kid. This is what kids do. But if he does decide to flip to Miami, don't blame him. Blame Narduzzi because Narduzzi didn't do his job and didn't recruit him solidly enough to stay with his commitment to Pitt.

And yes, this one would be a huge loss.

Huge loss for us and for him. Real chance to be a star...Imagine what he could do here given the 3 star guys Narduzzi put in the NFL at MSU. Yes it would hurt for us but we would be fine. I'd rather him leave now if he is really looking elsewhere to give us time to find someone else.

Given all that, hopeful he still ends up here.

Yup. Kids will be kids....Who the hell knows why they make the decisions they do. Perhaps he got a taste of Florida during a Pittsburgh winter and liked it? Could be as simple as that.

I say all the time that I made my college choice based on seeing two blondes in a convertible on a campus visit. And I'm only half kidding.

There are probably 100 reasons why he is visiting Miami. And two or three are probably football related.

Whatever.

Evidently there's some buzz he's considering Miami.

And he did just start to follow a bunch of Miami related twitter accounts.

Read he might visit there.

I remember "pink suit" Andrew Johnson went on a cruise in Miami and had a great time and flipped from Pitt to Miami. He blew his chance to star at Pitt. Unlike Tyler Boyd who is playing for the Cinn. Bengals and Robert Foster flipping on Pitt to Bama and going nowhere fast. Be a star on a team that really needs you, and your NFL draft rankings increase whether you are really NFL good or not. You can be Devin Street and Tyler Boyd or Andrew Johnson and Robert Foster. Hail to Pitt!

Whatever. I hope he does stick around. If he flips now it's a real slap in the face to his hometown team that opened him with open arms. I don't fault him and will still wish him all the success in the world (as long as Pitt can burn him).

That being said these rumors could be manufactured and 100% false.

Reactions: Jtommyj
This is why college coaching has to be one of the more stressful jobs in America. Imagine waking up to this shit after being assured for nearly a year and a half by Ford that he is coming to Pitt. I'm not sure what the Hell is going on with these local kids, but if they're listening to complete morons like Carlton Wade who just want to make themselves feel like they matter, then I feel sorry for them. If I'm Narduzzi, I'd rather eat a scholarship than offer any borderline WPIAL kids, moving forward. If these kids want to listen to total idiots, they would get zero favors from me.

Whatever. I hope he does stick around. If he flips now it's a real slap in the face to his hometown team that opened him with open arms. I don't fault him and will still wish him all the success in the world (as long as Pitt can burn him).

Or is he trying to flip some Miami kids to PITT..

Or is he trying to flip some Miami kids to PITT..

Hmm. I like the way think. Goin down to the U to bring back a few!!

Love it!!

Not a rumor at this point. Here is the free article from Miami site. Why would he be interested in them this late in process? Sounds like a free vacation type of trip.

https://miami.rivals.com/news/um-making-move-with-pitt-commit-miami-has-real-strong-shot-
BULL. We have been in a dead period for some time and it runs to the end of this week. When has Miami been in contact with any recruit of late?? If Miami Rivals has info they better report it, If any team is contacting any recruits during the past few weeks, Pitt should be on the phone to the NCAA, and Vuck should not be writing stories with out proof positive, for a guy that runs a Pitt site, he sure is quick to print rumors. If all he has is what the rivals site wrote, he better do some detective work.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Let's calm down. Hopefully he is just taking a free visit. If he is interested and leaves, then it is up to Coach Narduz to find a solid replacement.

Let's hope he sticks with us as he sees a quick path to the field as a freshman.

We need to get a few other locals to get on board. Worse case, start pushing the 2018 locals hard now.

Didn't recruit him hard enough? Is there any evidence of this?

Results are the evidence. I'm not saying that Narduzzi didn't recruit him hard enough. If he flips, Narduzzi didn't get the results and that's the evidence. I'm in a business that doesn't accept excuses. That's what I'm used to. You can't blame the kid, even if it is a huge mistake on his part. It's up to the head coach that recruits him.

But as someone said, this could be all just manufactured BS. It's college recruiting and it's a dirty business. It's a cesspool. Chances are that there is nothing to any of this.

Losing Ford would be completely disastrous for this class and it would go from decent to crap. He's allegedly setting up visits to a couple of different schools which is very alarming.

That said, he will sign with Pitt next month. This kid comes from a rough background and I don't think going anywhere but Pitt is a possibility. The proximity of Pitt to his family was the driving force behind his commitment and why he decided so far in advance. He's using this last month as a chance to take a couple of free trips.

Duzz doesn't get better at recruiting , with Ford even , and that will be us undoing in this profession. He seems to have a lot of good qualities but recruiting isn't one , SO FAR

Results are the evidence. I'm not saying that Narduzzi didn't recruit him hard enough. If he flips, Narduzzi didn't get the results and that's the evidence. I'm in a business that doesn't accept excuses. That's what I'm used to. You can't blame the kid, even if it is a huge mistake on his part. It's up to the head coach that recruits him.

But as someone said, this could be all just manufactured BS. It's college recruiting and it's a dirty business. It's a cesspool. Chances are that there is nothing to any of this.

If this was Wanny, I wouldn't worry , but the latest I seen from Duzz, he is SLEEPY like in recruiting

This is why college coaching has to be one of the more stressful jobs in America. Imagine waking up to this shit after being assured for nearly a year and a half by Ford that he is coming to Pitt. I'm not sure what the Hell is going on with these local kids, but if they're listening to complete morons like Carlton Wade who just want to make themselves feel like they matter, then I feel sorry for them. If I'm Narduzzi, I'd rather eat a scholarship than offer any borderline WPIAL kids, moving forward. If these kids want to listen to total idiots, they would get zero favors from me.

The good ones bring in the results , we need a good recruiter on staff, we don't have any

I agree with this. This years class does not seem as tight as say last years class or even previous classes.

Man, if we lose him, Narduzzi took a Ofer on the big locals. That would be brutal.

Richt has some good recruiters under him. Especially Rodney garner. They are multi tasking, recruiting this years class, trying to flip ford and already 7 verbals for 2018 class.

Garner is at Auburn isn't he?

If you listen to Chris Peak's podcast on a regular basis, he said three or four weeks ago that he expected Ford to take some visits. I'm not surprised. He wants to experience the process just like every other recruit.... In the end he will be a Panther.

I don't think it's smoke,he's favorite player was Ed reed and that's where he went to school,their pretty much telling him he could be the next Ed reed,it's enticing
I agree with this. This years class does not seem as tight as say last years class or even previous classes.

Man, if we lose him, Narduzzi took a Ofer on the big locals. That would be brutal.

Richt has some good recruiters under him. Especially Rodney garner. They are multi tasking, recruiting this years class, trying to flip ford and already 7 verbals for 2018 class.
We are already seeing tangible effects on Pitt recruiting from the new staffs at VT and Miami, as well as the unexpected success of PSU this season. Notre Dame came in and planted its flag in Pitt's back yard as well. Until this program fully re-establishes itself as a national player, it's going to continue to be that way.

Who knows but my gut felling is Ford stays a Panther. He has offers from everyone and could go anywhere he wants so I simply don't see Miami as the program that flips him in the 9th inning.

I just don't get the consternation and hand wringing over an 18 year old's decision making process.

Manufactured drama.

But it's ok to have consternation on what an 18 year old kid does running around on grass 12 saturdays a year? Recruiting is just as important as what happens on gameday.

If you listen to Chris Peak's podcast on a regular basis, he said three or four weeks ago that he expected Ford to take some visits. I'm not surprised. He wants to experience the process just like every other recruit.... In the end he will be a Panther.

I'll repeat.....he said it last year that eventhough he is committed to Pitt, he will visit other schools.

Read this article. Says why he chose Pitt over ND where his brother played...wants to play close to home, recruited Hamlin to Pitt and also says he'll take visits in 2017 before signing. Relax people.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/10/27/paris-ford-pitt-panthers-recruiting-pat-narduzzi

BULL. We have been in a dead period for some time and it runs to the end of this week. When has Miami been in contact with any recruit of late?? If Miami Rivals has info they better report it, If any team is contacting any recruits during the past few weeks, Pitt should be on the phone to the NCAA, and Vuck should not be writing stories with out proof positive, for a guy that runs a Pitt site, he sure is quick to print rumors. If all he has is what the rivals site wrote, he better do some detective work.

I hope Pitt coaches know the rules better than you because you are clueless. Coaches may call, write or text recruits. There is just no in person contact.

There are four contact periods that make up the NCAA Recruiting Calendar.

A Contact Period is when almost everything is allowed. You are able to meet with a coach off campus (during senior year only). That could be during a home visit or other type of meeting. The coaches are also allowed to come and watch you play. So here is what is allowed during a Contact Period. 

* Official Visits
* Unofficial Visits
* Home Visits from a coach or other in-person meetings off campus
* Letters/Emails
* Calls
* Evaluations (at your high school or during club competition)

A Dead Period is one of the most confused periods. In a nutshell, coaches are not allowed to meet with you on or off campus during this time. So here is what is allowed during a Dead Period.
* Letters/Emails
* Calls
* Visits to a college, but you may not meet with a coach

An Evaluation Period is when the coaches are spending most of their recruiting hours watching you play, either during high school or club competition. This is not on the college campus. The coach is not allowed to meet with you off campus though. So here is what is allowed during an Evaluation Period.
* Official Visits
* Unofficial Visits
* Letters/Emails
* Calls
* Evaluations (at your high school or during club competition)

Lastly, there is the Quiet Period. The Quiet Period means that coaches are able to have off-campus meetings with you OR evaluate you. The only time you may meet with the coach is on their campus. So here is what is allowed during a Quiet Period.
* Official Visits
* Unofficial Visits
* Letters/Emails
* Calls

Reactions: Willie Lump
That's total horseshit. Absolute bunk. By every objective indication He and his staff are/have been working their asses off to recruit since Dooz got the job. Pitt is a tough sell to the heavily recruited kids. Has been for 30 years. At least with his first class, Dooz elevated us above the mid major level for the first time in a few years.

For reference go check the hoops board. TD is the same guy who in the first few minutes of the hoops game said the team looked focused an prepared. Anything and everything he posts should be taken with a grain of salt. Or disregarded.

Reactions: PANTHERAN
For reference go check the hoops board. TD is the same guy who in the first few minutes of the hoops game said the team looked focused an prepared. Anything and everything he posts should be taken with a grain of salt. Or disregarded.

lol so he posts on the hoops board to rile up the posters who hate Stallings (the majority) and on the football board to rile up the posters who love Narduzzi (the majority). Sounds like Souf's alter ego....does Souf have a brother??

Reactions: jimmybpanther
If ford does visit, it will interesting to see if it's 1/21. That is the same weekend Jeff Thomas has a official setup with Miami.

Many on this board think Ford will stick at home. The Miami fans believe Ford and Thomas are silent verbals.

This will be the first time I actually get pissed at a kid if he flips. He has been 100% Pitt for a year and a half. One month to go and all of a sudden he is strongly considering Miami, f him if he flips.

And yes, this one would be a huge loss.

Seems like verbal commits get less and less "honorable" in recent years. Not only here but all over the country.

If ford does visit, it will interesting to see if it's 1/21. That is the same weekend Jeff Thomas has a official setup with Miami.

Many on this board think Ford will stick at home. The Miami fans believe Ford and Thomas are silent verbals.

No Miami fans believe Ford or Thomas are silent commits.

I'm a Miami fan and this has all the signs of a free vacation. Don't think Pitt has anything to worry about.

Reactions: Jtommyj
lol so he posts on the hoops board to rile up the posters who hate Stallings (the majority) and on the football board to rile up the posters who love Narduzzi (the majority). Sounds like Souf's alter ego....does Souf have a brother??

I love Duzz, want him here a long time , his recruiting only things that lacks to me! Most important part of the job , we shall see , he has my support , as does Stallings

I love how some of you think lack of effort or recruiting skill is what keeps blue chippers from coming to Pitt...

Reactions: Gregory25
I love how some of you think lack of effort or recruiting skill is what keeps blue chippers from coming to Pitt...

I lived at one time in the Miami area and still have friends there. Some of the fans there are blaming Richt for the same thing and he is busting it by what I heard. This recruiting thing with social media , etc. has become a roller coaster ride in recent years.

Some powerhouses like Bama, Clemnson, OSU, etc. loose recruits but they have such depth in their classes it is not so devastating.

I love Duzz, want him here a long time , his recruiting only things that lacks to me! Most important part of the job , we shall see , he has my support , as does Stallings
Please explain to me what you think he is lacking. I'm interested to know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT