ADVERTISEMENT

Let's try something: Pick a play from the 2010's

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Here's something I thought would be fun to do. I'm going to call it Pick a Play, and here's the idea:

We'll go year-by-year and pick one play that stands out to you from each year. There are going to be obvious ones, but the challenge will be to see if you can go outside the obvious. Chris Blewitt's field goal against Clemson or Kenny Pickett's fourth-down bootleg against Miami? Those are great plays, for sure, but what if you had to pick another one from 2016 or 2017? Which other plays from those years can you vividly recall seeing, either on person or on TV?

One caveat: these don't necessarily have to be plays that went in Pitt's favor.

So let's see your list from 2010-19. But I'm going to create an exempt list; you have to try to build your list without using these plays:

2019 - The Pitt Special against UCF
2018 - Therran Coleman's OT interception against Syracuse
2017 - Kenny Pickett's bootleg TD run against Miami
2016 - Chris Blewitt's field goal at Clemson
2015 - The fake punt on fourth down at Syracuse
2014 - James Conner's fumble out of the end zone against Georgia Tech
2013 - Chad Voytik's TD run against Bowling Green
2012 - Kevin Harper's missed FG at Notre Dame
2011 - Pick whatever you can actually remember
2010 - Connecticut's fourth-down conversion

I struggled putting together some of those earliest years. Like the Todd Graham year? I probably couldn't tell you more than 6 or 10 plays off the top of my head without looking them up, so I'm not putting anything on the exempt list there. If I was making a list - and maybe I will - I might include the long touchdown pass to the fullback that put the game out of reach at Rutgers that year.

So take those plays out of it and let me see your list: What play stands out to you from each year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News