ADVERTISEMENT

List of Players with Offers from Pitt in 19

Lots of possibilities.
Would love Anthony and Tshiebwe obviously.
Trey Mitchell would be a great pickup too. 6-9 and formerly of Elizabeth Forward.

Lots of possibilities.
Would love Anthony and Tshiebwe obviously.
Trey Mitchell would be a great pickup too. 6-9 and formerly of Elizabeth Forward.
Getting the two semi-locals, Oscar and Tre, would be a great start. Don't expect to land Anthony but one of the other points plus one of the forwards and this would be a hell of a class.

Reactions: PittCity
Stallings and Dixon offered a lot of good players too ! Just saying .
Ps JC is a better salesman though

I'll take that action as well....I'm guessing you didn't realize that you were betting on basketball not football.

Landing a couple of the local kids and 1 national player will have them in the top 20.

I'll bet you a jar of moonshine(apple pie)Pitt's 2019 class isn't top 20!

I do realize that there are a lot of good coaches out there recruiting their butts off too.Let's see 350 Dl schools vs Capel OK I'll take the field against him not bringing in a top 20 class.I'm writing these bets down because hell I can't remember what I ate for dinner tonight.Damn I'll be a drunk Mountaineer after I collect.I might even call in Huggy to help me depose my winnings!I actually hope Capel brings in a top 20 class to get Wpa interested in bb again but he won't in 2019.

I do realize that there are a lot of good coaches out there recruiting their butts off too.Let's see 350 Dl schools vs Capel OK I'll take the field against him not bringing in a top 20 class.I'm writing these bets down because hell I can't remember what I ate for dinner tonight.Damn I'll be a drunk Mountaineer after I collect.I might even call in Huggy to help me depose my winnings!I actually hope Capel brings in a top 20 class to get Wpa interested in bb again but he won't in 2019.
Hopefully Huggy will bankroll your loses !

A top 20 class isn't exactly a staggering achievement and the fact that we have a healthy number of scholarships available makes it very likely that we'll come in right around that spot. How many coaches in that group of 350 can recruit as well as Capel? That list is going to get chopped down real quick once you get past Calipari.

Look at the list of people Capel offered, do you expect him to strike out on all of them? At this point, he's almost exclusively offering 4 and 5 star players. Get a couple of them and you've probably already secured a top 20 class. If Capel is going to succeed here, he brings in a top 20 class by 2020 at the latest. No reason it can't happen in 2019.

I think you guys overvalued his recruiting at Duke.I sort of think that guy with the funny last name had something to do with that recruiting.Plus I think Capel will have to prove himself at Pitt before 4 and 5 stars start breaking the door down at Pitt.Capel didn't exactly leave OK on a white horse.Capel will get some good players at Pitt in a couple of years but not 2019.I thought Huggy's recruiting was pretty darn good in 2018 but it's only ranked 24th.But I realize Huggs isn't in Capel class when it comes to recruiting,see I'm a realist!

I think you guys overvalued his recruiting at Duke.I sort of think that guy with the funny last name had something to do with that recruiting.Plus I think Capel will have to prove himself at Pitt before 4 and 5 stars start breaking the door down at Pitt.Capel didn't exactly leave OK on a white horse.Capel will get some good players at Pitt in a couple of years but not 2019.I thought Huggy's recruiting was pretty darn good in 2018 but it's only ranked 24th.But I realize Huggs isn't in Capel class when it comes to recruiting,see I'm a realist!

Nah, there was an immediate and appreciable improvement in Duke's recruiting the moment that Capel arrived on campus. Coach K is a great coach, but he wasn't consistently pulling in high end talent with nearly the same frequency before Capel. Furthermore, Capel has recruited extremely well everywhere he's been. It's not like he didn't have a reputation as a great recruiter before arriving at Duke.

Well at least one 4 star jumped on board without visiting campus. I think you’re under valuing JC’s recruiting prowess.

Reactions: below0w
Hey I didn't say Capel wouldn't get a couple of 4 stars.I said his class wouldn't be top 20.Huggy got 2 4 stars and a very good JC 6'7 guard plus a high 3 star in Matthews and his class is 24th.You guys are right Capel was the reason all those 1 and dones went to Duke.Coach K had nothing to do with those kids going there.What happened at Oklahoma that the wheels fell off in year 4.Thats when Capel's guys should of been Jrs and Srs?He was very smart sitting beside Coach K for those 7 years after Ok.

Here's the thing, in 2 months on the job it's likely that Capel will come very close to matching, if not surpassing WVU's class. Landing Toney would get them very close. If they are still after Hyatt and land him as well; they probably pass up WVU.

Most are assuming that if he's working on kid for a full year that there will a big step forward next year.

Hey I didn't say Capel wouldn't get a couple of 4 stars.I said his class wouldn't be top 20.Huggy got 2 4 stars and a very good JC 6'7 guard plus a high 3 star in Matthews and his class is 24th.You guys are right Capel was the reason all those 1 and dones went to Duke.Coach K had nothing to do with those kids going there.What happened at Oklahoma that the wheels fell off in year 4.Thats when Capel's guys should of been Jrs and Srs?He was very smart sitting beside Coach K for those 7 years after Ok.

Stallings and Dixon offered a lot of good players too ! Just saying .
Ps JC is a better salesman though

There is one thing to have an "offer" and not really be considered and to offer and be on a short list. Under Capel we seem to be on the latter. It has been awhile since we were looking at guys like James Harden and Michael Beasley and they had reciprocal interest that we have seen this type of recruiting.

David I said Huggy can't compete with Capel in recruiting or in X & Os!Pitt has by far the superior coach in Capel.After this year Huggs will probably cancel the last 2 years of the brawl to keep from getting embarrassed and I dont blame him.I said that Huggy had a good year and his recruiting class is 24th,he can't do better.Capel's 2019 recruiting class will be ok but not top 20.After 2019 he could get top 15-10 with his resume.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT