ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Hoops "Open Practice" & Other Dribbles ...

DT_PITT

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
** The last time I “dribbled” back in March following the Xavier loss, I ended my thoughts with the words “Pitt is Back!”

** At the time, this particular proclamation was on the money after an exciting entry and run in the NCAA Tournament.

** But tonight. I begin with a different refrain, asking “Are We Back?”

** At the very least, we can say with the “Open Practice” event at the Pete that at the very least, this basketball fan can say “basketball is back!” It’s been too many years since I’ve been truly excited for a year to start once again. And accordingly, I'd call today a great day!

** Beyond the anticipation of the start of a season, today was a great day as it was situated perfectly at Happy Hour, and a Bell’s Two Hearted Ale from the Pete concessions was the perfect elixir for a late Friday afternoon.

** And joining me for the occasion was my 18 year old kid here for his first weekend at home from his freshman year at William & Mary.

** We sat in same Club seats in which we’ve squatted in the for the past few years. And even sitting there brought back more than a few glorious memories of last season, one on my very favorite campaigns in the last 40 or so.

** But there was something more that brought back memories from last year than Club seats. That thing was Blake Hinson.

** A little over two decades ago, Football Head Coach Walt Harris gave the perfect assessment when asked preseason about the progress of his sophomore All-American wideout. He said: “Larry is Larry.”

** More than once, today I thought “Blake is Blake.”

** Throughout the practice and scrimmage, we saw Blake sink shots from all over the court which we learned to expect from him last year. Nothing I saw drew any fear of a step back from our stud, other than one ill-advised forced drive into the lane resulting in a fragile turnover. My kid thought he was fouled without the call, but no matter. On the subsequent trip, Blake drilled a 23 footer, and all previous ills were forgotten.

** A little while later, Blake was camped out open around 28 feet, and it was almost as if my kid and I wanted him to take this shot. But he passed this time. Save it for another time, I presume.

** My only wonder is that while Blake will clearly be our best player, will he truly be this team’s leader? I can’t say today gave any real indication who that leader might be, as we knew last year it was a certain Mr. Burton.

** Nonetheless, there were plenty of fine things to be seen from the rest of our Panthers.

** My kid was sure that both Twins did indeed look stronger than last year. I can’t say I was as convinced, but I will say they carried themselves with a much greater sense of confidence than 365 days ago. That said, they didn’t wow the joint with their play, so here’s hoping their confidence stays in line with their abilities.

** Will Jeffress was clearly 100%, and did a couple of his “little things,” including a behind the back move with the ball into the lane, resulting a nice pull up 12 footer. I like Will, but it’s remains to be seen if it’s the same Will from two years ago or more than that.

** Same can be said for Fede. He had one nice put-the-ball-on-the-floor moment in the practice, but nothing noticeable in the scrimmage.

** But as is usually the case, these events are about getting looks at the newcomers. And each offered some bright spots for sure.

** Almost about a dozen times, I found myself excited by Ishmael Leggett. He did plenty of nice things, from hitting jumpers at all levels, while also getting to the basket, and being a true presence on the floor. I’m not going to get ahead of myself here, but I was intrigued, if not even enthused.

** I’ll say some of the same about Michael Hueitt. We kept noticing him throughout the event, as someone who looks ready to join the fray maybe beyond a very bit role.

** Nonetheless, one would think most of our fortunes lay in the hands of our freshman duo of Bub Carrington and Jaland Lowe. For now, I’ll treat them as a pair. Both showed enough good things to convince me they are ready to play, but not nearly enough to convince me yet they are anywhere near the equal of Jamarius and Nelly. They didn’t impress with shooting, were adequate taking care of the ball, but did have nifty takes to the rim. More to come here.

** Throughout the earlier “practice” part of the event, Zach Austin really stood out to me. I was almost ready to call him as a true breakout possibility. Then during the “scrimmage,” section, he went nearly invisible, and I actually thought Will got the best of him. So more to come here also.

** Otherwise, Marlon Barnes did not yet make an impression. But for me, walk-ons KJ Marshall and Jaquan Nelson actually did. KJ actually showed himself as a leader throughout the practice, both with his attitude and even his play. And Jaquan has some serious hops.

** But all of the basketball aside, my favorite moment of the event came when Jeff Capel grabbed the microphone to speak to the crowd of 100-150 or so. Unlike last year, there was a true sense of appreciation of Capel and the program which wasn’t at all apparent in last year’s open practice. This year, there was a respectful applause when Capel spoke.

** Of course, last year’s event was a brunch gig, and no one was enjoying Two Hearted Ales like a few were today. But last year, there weren’t also highlights of the previous year NCAA tournament games on the Pete scoreboard like the ones that ran throughout the event today.

** Personally, I’m far from convinced that we are truly “back” and will take our place in the NCAA tournament again in March. But I feel a whole heck of a lot better about those chances than I did exactly one year ago.

** I think that vibe was shared by all of those who joined today. I don't know at all if "we are back", but that vibe, along with the company of my visiting college freshman, made it a great day for me.

** The last time I “dribbled” back in March following the Xavier loss, I ended my thoughts with the words “Pitt is Back!”

** At the time, this particular proclamation was on the money after an exciting entry and run in the NCAA Tournament.

** At the very least, we can say with the “Open Practice” event at the Pete that at the very least, this basketball fan can say “basketball is back!” It’s been too many years since I’ve been truly excited for a year to start once again. And accordingly, I'd call today a great day!

** Beyond the anticipation of the start of a season, today was a great day as it was situated perfectly at Happy Hour, and a Bell’s Two Hearted Ale from the Pete concessions was the perfect elixir for a late Friday afternoon.

** And joining me for the occasion was my 18 year old kid here for his first weekend at home from his freshman year at William & Mary.

** We sat same Club seats in which we’ve squatted in the for the past few years. And even sitting there brought back more than a few glorious memories of last season, one on my very favorite campaigns in the last 40 or so.

** But there was something more that brought back memories from last year than Club seats. That thing was Blake Hinson.

** A little over two decades ago, Football Head Coach Walt Harris gave the perfect assessment when asked preseason about the progress of his sophomore All-American wideout. He said: “Larry is Larry.”

** Throughout the practice and scrimmage, we saw Blake sink shots from all over the court which we learned to expect from him last year. Nothing I saw drew any fear of a step back from our stud, other than one ill-advised forced drive into the lane resulting in a fragile turnover. My kid thought he was fouled without the call, but no matter. On the subsequent trip, Blake drilled a 23 footer, and all previous ills were forgotten.

** A little while later, Blake was camped out open around 28 feet, and it was almost as if my kid and I wanted him to take this shot. But he passed this time. Save it for another time, I presume.

** My only wonder is that while Blake will clearly be our best player, will he truly be this team’s leader? I can’t say today gave any real indication who that leader might be, as we knew last year it was a certain Mr. Burton.

** Nonetheless, there were plenty of fine things to be seen from the rest of our Panthers.

** My kid was sure that both Twins did indeed look stronger than last year. I can’t say I was as convinced, but I will say they carried themselves with a much greater sense of confidence than 365 days ago. That said, they didn’t wow the joint with their play, so here hoping their confidence stays in line with their abilities.

** Will Jeffress was clearly 100%, and did a couple of his “little things,” including a behind the back move with the ball into the lane, resulting a nice pull up 12 footer. I like Will, but it’s remains to be seen if it’s the same Will from two years ago or more than that.

** Same can be said for Fede. He had one nice put-the-ball-on-the-floor moment in the practice, but nothing noticeable in the scrimmage.

** But as is usually the case, these events are about getting looks at the newcomers. And each offered some bright spots for sure.

** Almost about a dozen times, I found myself excited by Ishmael Leggett. He did plenty of nice things, from hitting jumpers at all levels, while also getting to the basket, and being a true presence on the floor. I’m not going to get ahead of myself here, but I was intrigued, if not even enthused.

** I’ll say some of the same about Michael Hueitt. We kept noticing him throughout the event, as someone who looks ready to join the fray maybe beyond a very bit role.

** Nonetheless, one would think most of our fortunes lay in the hands of our freshman duo of Bub Carrington and Jaland Lowe. For now, I’ll treat them as a pair. Both showed enough good things to convince me they are ready to play, but not nearly enough to convince me yet they are anywhere near the equal of Jamarius and Nelly. They didn’t impress with shooting, were adequate taking care of the ball, but did have nifty takes to the rim. More to come here.

** Throughout the earlier “practice” part of the event, Zach Austin really stood out to me. I was almost ready to call him as a true breakout possibility. Then during the “scrimmage,” section, he went nearly invisible, and I actually thought Will got the best of him. So more to come here also.

** Otherwise, Marlon Barnes did not yet make an impression. But for me, walk-ons KJ Marshall and Jaquan Nelson actually did. KJ actually showed himself as a leader throughout the practice, both with his attitude and even his play. And Jaquan has some serious hops.

** But all of the basketball aside, my favorite moment of the event came when Jeff Capel grabbed the microphone to speak to the crowd of 100-150 or so. Unlike last year, there was a true sense of appreciation of Capel and the program which wasn’t at all apparent in last year’s open practice. This year, there was a respectful applause when Capel spoke.

** Of course, last year’s event was a brunch gig, and no one was enjoying Two Hearted Ales like a few were today. But last year, there weren’t also highlights of the previous year NCAA tournament games on the Pete scoreboard like the ones that ran throughout the event today.

** Personally, I’m far from convinced that we are truly “back” and will take our place in the NCAA tournament again in March. But I feel a whole heck of a lot better about those chances than I did exactly one year ago.

** I think that vibe was shared by all of those who joined today. I don't know at all if "we are back", but that vibe, along with the company of my visiting college freshman, made it a great day for me.
I like our chances for the tourney. I don’t think it is a guarantee, but I think we have more than a 50% chance!

Reactions: PittMBA

** We sat same Club seats in which we’ve squatted in the for the past few years. And even sitting there brought back more than a few glorious memories of last season, one on my very favorite campaigns in the last 40 or so.

** My kid was sure that both Twins did indeed look stronger than last year. I can’t say I was as convinced, but I will say they carried themselves with a much greater sense of confidence than 365 days ago. That said, they didn’t wow the joint with their play, so here hoping their confidence stays in line with their abilities.

From the presser and recent pressers with Capel, two things worth mentioning that go hand in hand.

The first is that Capel thought that our defense could make a sizable jump this year. I think its going to make a jump for sure, but not as big of a jump as I originally thought without Papa Kante. Capel already mentioned previously the loss of Kante is a significant one. Even still, Capel likes our defense and its potential this year.

Capel mentioned today how Fede's injury last season really hurt him and the team last year from the Georgia Tech game onward. The significance of this is, there have been numerous topics and debates this offseason with regard to how good Fede actually was / is on defense. It was from about that game onward last season, the entire Pitt defense fully collapsed at the end of the season and we were almost fully dependent on offense to beat almost anyone we played. Now Capel said this both directly and indirectly a few times now and he put a lot of that on Fede's injury and how it really hurt us on defense and in general.

I am in a wait and see camp with this, because there were too many plays where Fede was mentally playing in bad floor position that had little to do with injury that led to poor defensive and rebounding position. He is fully healthy now. If Fede can become closer to Gary Mcghee on defense and rebounding this year and sustain a consistent high level of play on defense from start to finish all season long, it is going to help greatly. He appears to have the inside track on starting. And Fede being really good on defense is obviously going to have a huge effect on our entire team defense.

I'll start by disagreeing with a few of DT's thoughts:

- he liked the start time and while I have longed for weekday afternoon basketball, my God was the traffic getting down there bad. Hate to say it but almost makes me root for another pandemic. I miss those days when there were no cars on the road. I remember going running near a main highway back then and no cars. Eeerie.

- Leggett - wasnt anything special IMO. Seemed like a solid contributor but a definite step down from Burton in that scoring guard role.

- Hueitt - was he #3? If so, he is what I would expect. A nice deep reserve. Has a nice looking shot but was maybe 1-4 or so from 3 in the scrimmage part. Could maybe fill a role at times but I wouldn't expect much. Definitely better than an empty seat though. You never know when he may be needed.

- Blake - not even going to comment. He good.

- Twins - definitely put on some weight. I just like these guys. Seem like old-school Pitt players like Donatas or Kendall. Breakout candidates.

- Carrington was the surprise for me. He's going to start. No question. Could be All-ACC frosh, which is I said we needed Dior to be to make the NCAAT. Not a true point, more of a scoring PG but he's too good to keep off the court. In the old-school days, he'd be your All-Big East 1st Team as a junior or senior but these guys are all 1 year players now essentially so who knows what happens but he's as talented as I've seen from a Pitt frosh.

- Lowe - he's good also and will play a lot. Smooth lefty. His game reminds me of Georgetown's Kevin Braswell. Just smooth.

- Barnes - I dont even know if he participated

- Fede was Fede, maybe looks a little stronger

My takeaway was this: we have enough to make the NCAAT. There is talent. But like last year, not a lot of margin for error. If we dont come back vs Miami last year, we dont make the NCAAT. We were 1 game away from not making it. I see the same this year. Simply going to come down to does the team play good enough in certain games to keep their NET high enough. They have the material. But if they dont shoot it well in some key games, they could miss out.

Nice event and nice to see the program BACK in the sense of being relevant. Will we make the NCAAT? I dont know but we can aspire to that and go into each game knowing we are realistically playing for that.

- Oh I think Alier Maluk was there. Not sure if that was him but there was a tall kid who looked to be African hanging out with Papa Kante. Tom Werme from The CW was there also. I told him Jeffburgh was the only guy in WPA whose YouTube TV didnt give him access and he said he's going to loom into it.

- Worst part of the day was that I wanted to stop at Raising Cane's but the line was literally out the door and halfway down the block. There's also a new chicken place on Forbes to go along with Chik'n. Just need to bring back Popeyes and KenTacoHut.

Last edited:

- he liked the start time and while I have longed for weekday afternoon basketball, my God was the traffic getting down there bad. Hate to say it but almost makes me root for another pandemic. I miss those days when there were no cars on the road. I remember going running near a main highway back then and no cars. Eeerie.

- Leggett - wasnt anything special IMO. Seemed like a solid contributor but a definite step down from Burton in that scoring guard role.

- Hueitt - was he #3? If so, he is what I would expect. A nice deep reserve. Has a nice looking shot but was maybe 1-4 or so from 3 in the scrimmage part. Could maybe fill a role at times but I wouldn't expect much. Definitely better than an empty seat though. You never know when he may be needed.

- Twins - definitely put on some weight. I just like these guys. Seem like old-school Pitt players like Donatas or Kendall. Breakout candidates.

- Carrington was the surprise for me. He's going to start. No question. Could be All-ACC frosh, which is I said we needed Dior to be to make the NCAAT. Not a true point, more of a scoring PG but he's too good to keep off the court. In the old-school days, he'd be your All-Big East 1st Team as a junior or senior but these guys are all 1 year players now essentially so who knows what happens but he's as talented as I've seen from a Pitt frosh.

- Lowe - he's good also and will play a lot. Smooth lefty. His game reminds me of Georgetown's Kevin Braswell. Just smooth.

My takeaway was this: we have enough to make the NCAAT. There is talent. But like last year, not a lot of margin for error. If we dont come back vs Miami last year, we dont make the NCAAT. We were 1 game away from not making it. I see the same this year. Simply going to come down to does the team play good enough in certain games to keep their NET high enough. They have the material. But if they dont shoot it well in some key games, they could miss out.

Nice event and nice to see the program BACK in the sense of being relevant. Will we make the NCAAT? I dont know but we can aspire to that and go into each game knowing we are realistically playing for that.

- Oh I think Alier Maluk was there. Not sure if that was him but there was a tall kid who looked to be African hanging out with Papa Kante. Tom Werme from The CW was there also. I told him Jeffburgh was the only guy in WPA whose YouTube TV didnt give him access and he said he's going to loom into it.

- Worst part of the day was that I wanted to stop at Raising Cane's but the line was literally out the door and halfway down the block. There's also a new chicken place on Forbes to go along with Chik'n. Just need to bring back Popeyes and KenTacoHut.
Anything on Jeffries?

It’s all perspective. There’s no doubt Leggett will be a step down from Burton. Burton was an All League player. But I left this event feeling like Leggett can be a legit starter, although this offered such a little look at everyone.

I also think our freshman guards have talent for sure — but it’s too early to try to protect how high they can go, especially during their first season.

Reactions: Wanstash21
Expecting anyone , especially a freshman to replace Burton is wishful thinking.

The good Nelly will be hard to replace , but the good Nelly didn’t show up everyday .

This going to sound really profound , Pitt season hinges on the growth of the twins , Fede , Wil and the newcomers !!!!

My expectations are ……I‘d love to see another tournament appearance , but besides Blake this is a very young team , a slow start
with steady improvement wouldn’t be the end of the world .

** We sat in same Club seats in which we’ve squatted in the for the past few years. And even sitting there brought back more than a few glorious memories of last season, one on my very favorite campaigns in the last 40 or so.

** My kid was sure that both Twins did indeed look stronger than last year. I can’t say I was as convinced, but I will say they carried themselves with a much greater sense of confidence than 365 days ago. That said, they didn’t wow the joint with their play, so here’s hoping their confidence stays in line with their abilities.

That note about Austin is concerning to say the least. But you cant hit on every MM transfer moving up. Not saying it will be him, but not being able to outplay Will Jeffress after a year off is very concerning.

Appreciate your post, DT. I don’t have the insights you do but I agreed with your points.

Too bad Marshall isn’t a couple inches taller. He is a leader-type kid. I think his high energy and tight defense in practice will help Lowe to develop. A concern I had yesterday was some poor passes that led to turnovers - but it’s early (fingers crossed).

Carrington looked good. And I thought Leggett did some good things too. And Hueitt, too. (Pretty cool of some players, like Carrington, to come up into the stands afterwards and greet the fans…)

Funny that the freshman walk-on from Philly, Nelson, also caught my eye. Athletic, good leaper.

I thought the twins looked about the same physically but I thought that in getting off the floor they had more bounce to them.

And the twins did hit threes, but you’re right, the constant is Blake Hinson - amazing shooter.

Go Pitt.

Thanks for attending the event and the dribbles ! It is very special to be able to do this with you son. I had season tickets for my daughter and I before we moved to Chicago and those were really special times! My feeling is we will be competitive this year, but not sure the freshman guards can carry us to the NCAA tourney. I think the program is in very good shape and that coach capel has momentum on the court and with recruiting. The future is very bright !

Reactions: Ski11585
If his handle holds up, having a tall point guard like Carrington is going to be a big advantage in some games. We've seen some teams in the past be able to take some advantage over our small point guards, it will be nice to turn the table on that.

I thought Jeffress looked a lot bigger, not necessarily taller, but bigger, than he did pre-injury. Whether that translates into better basketball time will tell. And Hinson looks to be in much better shape than last year. Which is good, because we are going to need him to carry a large load.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn

Thanks for the dribbles !

I mean , last years event was not only a brunch affair- but the day after the Dior news broke and Hugley was barely walking . It was depressing.

Certainly an opposite feeling yesterday.

I might give a bit more of a positive vibe from the twins - I thought Jorge ( I think ?) flashed quite a bit - knocking down shots and certainly not getting pushed around . There was a steadiness to their game - dare I say maturity - you hope to see.

I really liked Lowe’s game. Looks like a true Pg - really nice pace - scored in a variety of ways - didn’t force anything.

One perhaps small note - other than Hueitt and Hinson - the entire roster can return next season . Definitely reason to be optimistic.

As to back Vs back ? I am solidly in the back camp in term of reasonable optimism thst the program is on the rise again.

If his handle holds up, having a tall point guard like Carrington is going to be a big advantage in some games. We've seen some teams in the past be able to take some advantage over our small point guards, it will be nice to turn the table on that.

I thought Jeffress looked a lot bigger, not necessarily taller, but bigger, than he did pre-injury. Whether that translates into better basketball time will tell. And Hinson looks to be in much better shape than last year. Which is good, because we are going to need him to carry a large load.
I noted that Blake seemed to have a little bit of a tummy last year and it looks like he’s worked that off.

I noted that Blake seemed to have a little bit of a tummy last year and it looks like he’s worked that off.
Something I really like about Blake is how honest he is. He’s been straight up and said, “yeah, I wasn’t in good enough shape. No excuses - I knew last year that I wasn’t in good enough shape, NBA scouts told me I wasn’t in good enough shape, and fixing it has been my biggest focus.”

Not to bag on a kid who isn’t here anymore, but it’s an approach that feels a little different than the constant ebb and flow of Hugley trying to keep his weight in check.

That note about Austin is concerning to say the least. But you cant hit on every MM transfer moving up. Not saying it will be him, but not being able to outplay Will Jeffress after a year off is very concerning.
There really wasn’t enough basketball in the scrimmage to get too high or too low on anyone. There wasn’t even an official start per se. They were doing a 5 on 0 full court drill for a couple of trips and then five more guys came on the court and it became a scrimmage. I’m holding out for time against hostile foes before forming more opinions on anyone. Except Blake of course.

There really wasn’t enough basketball in the scrimmage to get too high or too low on anyone.

I thought the same thing while watching it. I was glad I went, but you can't even begin to start coming to any conclusions based on what we saw yesterday.

@DT_PITT Any time the HC talks about injuries I get kind of anxious. So based on what you saw at the scrimmage, did it look to you like Ish and Jorge are fully recovered from the things Capel mentioned in his interview? Or do you still see some tentativeness and lingering effects?

With Kante already out (and Dior gone), Pitt can absolutely not afford other guys to be hampered or missing time due to injuries.

Injuries and a short bench combined to impact the Panthers last year. They still managed to have an unexpectedly wonderful year in spite of those things. But by the end of the season, it looked to me like the depleted numbers on the roster and some late season injuries to Fede and JB, combined with some other guys getting worn down, seemingly had a limiting effect on the team’s performance at the end.

@DT_PITT Any time the HC talks about injuries I get kind of anxious. So based on what you saw at the scrimmage, did it look to you like Ish and Jorge are fully recovered from the things Capel mentioned in his interview? Or do you still see some tentativeness and lingering effects?

With Kante already out (and Dior gone), Pitt can absolutely not afford other guys to be hampered or missing time due to injuries.

Injuries and a short bench combined to impact the Panthers last year. They still managed to have an unexpectedly wonderful year in spite of those things. But by the end of the season, it looked to me like the depleted numbers on the roster and some late season injuries to Fede and JB, combined with some other guys getting worn down, seemingly had a limiting effect on the team’s performance at the end.
I’d definitely say everyone looked to be 100% with no lingering effects at all, except Kante of course.

I’d definitely say everyone looked to be 100% with no lingering effects at all, except Kante of course.
OK. You were there to see firsthand so that’s some relief. 🤞

HCJC in his post practice interview yesterday talked about some knee issue with Ish. Then Jorge not having been able to go full tilt due to the foot injury that prevented him from playing on the Spain trip. He even mentioned about not being able to go all out five on five in practice due to some of those things. 😏

I believe that this team will need EVERYBODY to contribute this season. With Kante already out that makes for things being thin numbers-wise, right from the start. Adding in the inexperience, particularly in the back court, it would not be good at all to have anyone else go down.

Last edited:
Reactions: jctrack
You guys who were there , DT, SMF, JPF. Major, et al. , thanks
for the reviews and comments. I especially wanted to hear
about the transfers and the new recruits. I got the impression
that we have some talent, but it's more a "wait and see"
situation at this point. That makes sense, so for me I'll wait
until I see em in REAL time.

SMF, I gotta give you credit for a sensible review...HOWEVER, you
really can't/shouldn't describe someone as "there was a tall kid who
looked to be African." Not trying to start a political correctness
conversation here....just sayin.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Good to see the Opening Dribbles. The loss of Dior and injury to Kante have dampened hopes/expectations, but hopefully the team can surprise again like last year. Given the horrible football season we are having, it would certainly be nice if the hoops team can generate some excitement.

Thanks. This was a good addition to the comments
made by those who were there. What stood out
with those stats was Fede's one rebound, and Austin's
zero stats. I'll take it as a scrimmage, and not much
more. Were you there?
It was barely a scrimmage actually. I wouldn’t take too much from the stats at all.

Thanks. This was a good addition to the comments
made by those who were there. What stood out
with those stats was Fede's one rebound, and Austin's
zero stats. I'll take it as a scrimmage, and not much
more. Were you there?
No, not me.

It’s all perspective. There’s no doubt Leggett will be a step down from Burton. Burton was an All League player. But I left this event feeling like Leggett can be a legit starter, although this offered such a little look at everyone.

I also think our freshman guards have talent for sure — but it’s too early to try to protect how high they can go, especially during their first season.
Leggett definitely a legit starter. You don’t score 16/game in A10 without being pretty good. A10 isn’t the ACC, but it’s not terrible either.

I thought about not posting that and I have been accused of being a liberal on that other board but I thought it was noteworthy to state that Maluk may have been there. I dont know what he looks like. I don't think it is wrong to say that someone looks to be of African, Italian, Asian, Arab, Eastern European, Hispanic, etc descent.

Reactions: BPKY
I thought about not posting that and I have been accused of being a liberal on that other board but I thought it was noteworthy to state that Maluk may have been there. I dont know what he looks like. I don't think it is wrong to say that someone looks to be of African, Italian, Asian, Arab, Eastern European, Hispanic, etc descent.
Honest to god, it’s a freaking descriptor of what someone looks like. I say all the time in my line of work, black, white, brown? I need to know what someone looks like. It’s not racist to notice their color of skin, in fact it’s more racist to say “you don’t see color”. This world blows

Also, Alier sucks and hasn’t gotten better since 8th grade.

I suppose I appreciate the shout out, but I don't live in western PA and I am like others here who live in my area that have yttv that similarly do not have CW.

The Pitt visitor that was there was Amdy Ndiaye, a 2024 recruit.

Reactions: BigZeke and jctrack
Leggett definitely a legit starter. You don’t score 16/game in A10 without being pretty good. A10 isn’t the ACC, but it’s not terrible either.
eh. Primo Spears says hello. Averaged 13 at Duquesne as a freshmen and I doubt anyone would consider him good, because he’s a terrible teammate, defender, person. He then went and scored 16 a game at Gtown and transferred up again. Both teams he left are better without him.

Be weary of guys who take a ton of shots on bad teams. Sometimes they’re the problem.

Anything on Jeffries?

Looked older and physically mature but I didn't get the sense he can contribute much offensively. Hard to say that in a scrimmage but I just dont think the kid is skilled enough at basketball. That said, he plays hard and is a good athlete and plays defense so he can carve out a role. I guess I compare him to Dante Taylor in that he was extremely overrated BUT can still be a valuable reserve.

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT