ADVERTISEMENT

Love the PN tweet

I agree with this and he could have easily had a top 11 that included Pitt with a phone call to Coach Duzz saying he really is not considering Pitt. Would have been a decent thing to do and I stand by my punk move.

except I would highly doubt a high school kid orchestrated this by himself. Another post alluded to this. Sounds like a glorified gym teacher maybe holding a grudge that an IUP level prospect didn't receive an offer from Pitt and maybe made some suggestions on how this tweet should go down? At any rate, I got no problem with the Narduzzi tweet. McMillon seems like a decent prospect and I'm intrigued by a d-back who is also a champion wrestler. But after seeing Peters play a couple times and having no memory of this kid from those games last year I'm not losing a whole lot of sleep on this one. Much more impressed with Davis although that is a very long shot.

Reactions: pittmeister
I agree with this and he could have easily had a top 11 that included Pitt with a phone call to Coach Duzz saying he really is not considering Pitt. Would have been a decent thing to do and I stand by my punk move.

agree, it was an intentional message that as someone alluded to seems to be coming from more than just the kid.

You have to stand up for your cause. I don't consider it petty at all. Not to include Pitt in your top 10 when it is in your backyard is a punk move. Davis is the premier safety with any ties to PITTsburgh but he most likely be a OSU recruit.

I like the safety we have in this class from Philly as much as this kid.

I agree. Total punk move. His parents should have written this for him to tweet out or whatever:

"Unfortunately, I did not include my hometown school, Pitt in my Top 10. My reason for this is I have always wanted to go away to college. I want to thank Coach Narduzzi and his staff. They are great coaches and I wish them well. I have always been a Pitt fan and it was tough to inform them of my decision. I hope they win a lot of games but its my personal decision to leave the area for college."

Even if this was 100% untrue, he should have said it. Not including Pitt in your top 10 makes you a total d!ckhead. Im sorry.

I agree. Total punk move. His parents should have written this for him to tweet out or whatever:

"Unfortunately, I did not include my hometown school, Pitt in my Top 10. My reason for this is I have always wanted to go away to college. I want to thank Coach Narduzzi and his staff. They are great coaches and I wish them well. I have always been a Pitt fan and it was tough to inform them of my decision. I hope they win a lot of games but its my personal decision to leave the area for college."

Even if this was 100% untrue, he should have said it. Not including Pitt in your top 10 makes you a total d!ckhead. Im sorry.

Yea meaningless rhetoric helps. GTFO. At the end of the day the only thing that matters anyway is who signs. The rest is all nonsense.

The fact that these top 10s have even become a thing is ridiculous. And that so many adults hang on them and get butt hurt when it doesn’t go your way is even more ridiculous. Get over yourselves.

Reactions: Mikefln and bdur76
except I would highly doubt a high school kid orchestrated this by himself. Another post alluded to this. Sounds like a glorified gym teacher maybe holding a grudge that an IUP level prospect didn't receive an offer from Pitt and maybe made some suggestions on how this tweet should go down? At any rate, I got no problem with the Narduzzi tweet. McMillon seems like a decent prospect and I'm intrigued by a d-back who is also a champion wrestler. But after seeing Peters play a couple times and having no memory of this kid from those games last year I'm not losing a whole lot of sleep on this one. Much more impressed with Davis although that is a very long shot.
Meh
It’s a top 10 on a video graphic -
Hardly anything to show any grudge

What was the name of the USC linebacker who went to AZ? Is he in the NFL yet?

Coach is constantly communicating with kids day and night. His tweets are delivered at his comfort level and directed at kids. Yes kids. He's not directing any comments to posters who can barely recall their college days or youth. And just btw, these kids will grow to be men as I'm sure some here took exception to me calling them kids.

Yea meaningless rhetoric helps. GTFO. At the end of the day the only thing that matters anyway is who signs. The rest is all nonsense.

The fact that these top 10s have even become a thing is ridiculous. And that so many adults hang on them and get butt hurt when it doesn’t go your way is even more ridiculous. Get over yourselves.

You're right. The kid should go wherever he wants. But like most posters, I'm not "rooting" or "following" him just because he's from Western PA. As you say, I worry about who the Panthers land, not the ones they didn't... The book on McMillon is closed. I'm very confident that we will be able to find a player that's as good if not better. Javon McIntyre looks pretty good on tape.

You're right. The kid should go wherever he wants. But like most posters, I'm not "rooting" or "following" him just because he's from Western PA. As you say, I worry about who the Panthers land, not the ones they didn't... The book on McMillon is closed. I'm very confident that we will be able to find a player that's as good if not better. Javon McIntyre looks pretty good on tape.

Yep the hell with rooting for kids because they are the local WPIAL kid. If that’s the case some of you should root for PSU kids like the midget Wade or the loud mouth DT at Mich who talked crap about Pitt. PN will get good players and I don’t care where they are from, I’ll support them no matter what because Pitt is my team. Did some of you cheer for Fitzgerald less because he was not a local WPIAL kid? Do some of you cheer for Twyman, Jones, Weaver, Morrissey etc less because they are not local WPIAL kids? Once a kid signs with Pitt they are part of the Panther family no matter where they are from.

This kid can thank PN because many times in FB & BB coaches are scared to pull the trigger and be the first to offer...once they offer others follow and offer many times. PN has done a good job of being the first to offer many kids. The S from CV (forget his name) but Pitt was his first P5 offer. And some here are going to go crazy in the future when a 2 star S from VA verbals to Pitt like I believe he will. The kid has no P5 offers but Pitt. This kid is not a back up plan as he was offered long ago and is a baller.

Yep the hell with rooting for kids because they are the local WPIAL kid. If that’s the case some of you should root for PSU kids like the midget Wade or the loud mouth DT at Mich who talked crap about Pitt. PN will get good players and I don’t care where they are from, I’ll support them no matter what because Pitt is my team. Did some of you cheer for Fitzgerald less because he was not a local WPIAL kid? Do some of you cheer for Twyman, Jones, Weaver, Morrissey etc less because they are not local WPIAL kids? Once a kid signs with Pitt they are part of the Panther family no matter where they are from.

This kid can thank PN because many times in FB & BB coaches are scared to pull the trigger and be the first to offer...once they offer others follow and offer many times. PN has done a good job of being the first to offer many kids. The S from CV (forget his name) but Pitt was his first P5 offer. And some here are going to go crazy in the future when a 2 star S from VA verbals to Pitt like I believe he will. The kid has no P5 offers but Pitt. This kid is not a back up plan as he was offered long ago and is a baller.

Spot on. The only local kids I want are the blue collared ones that are Pittsburgh tough. Duzz only wants kids with high character anyway. If you're a midget, go to Pedo State. If you're a loud mouthed thug, go to Michigan. If you're a puss from Peters Township, GTFO out Da Bugh. What Duzz is building here is something special and we don't need prima donnas who aren't loyal to their home town. The Panther Family is all that matters. Want to join? You better bring your lunch pail because we just hit harder than the rest. H2P.

Spot on. The only local kids I want are the blue collared ones that are Pittsburgh tough. Duzz only wants kids with high character anyway. If you're a midget, go to Pedo State. If you're a loud mouthed thug, go to Michigan. If you're a puss from Peters Township, GTFO out Da Bugh. What Duzz is building here is something special and we don't need prima donnas who aren't loyal to their home town. The Panther Family is all that matters. Want to join? You better bring your lunch pail because we just hit harder than the rest. H2P.

So Duzz was first to offer him and that’s great. But the kid’s a puss. Do you not realize something doesn’t add up here?

Reactions: bdur76
So Duzz was first to offer him and that’s great. But the kid’s a puss. Do you not realize something doesn’t add up here?

What he did was extremely cowardly. He spurned HCPN and his home city on social media. He wouldn't make it through a Pitt practice anyway. We currently have one of the top few secondaries in the country and Paris would bully him in practice. He'll fit in better in Pedo land where he can push the midget around.

What he did was extremely cowardly. He spurned HCPN and his home city on social media. He wouldn't make it through a Pitt practice anyway. We currently have one of the top few secondaries in the country and Paris would bully him in practice. He'll fit in better in Pedo land where he can push the midget around.

Well if he’s such a puss and Narduzzi offered him first then that’s an indictment an Narduzzi's evaluation skills and recruiting. You all should be fired up that Narduzzi even offered such a soft player to begin with.

Duzz is building something here?

How long has he been here?

What has he built?

A 7-8 win program.

That's it.

I dont expect this program to ever be top 10 elite. But I do expect 9 wins a year to be the benchmark. We arent even close.

Mcmillen would have helped this program. It is a big loss and I dont care where he is from.

Reactions: sherepower
Duzz is building something here?

How long has he been here?

What has he built?

A 7-8 win program.

That's it.

I dont expect this program to ever be top 10 elite. But I do expect 9 wins a year to be the benchmark. We arent even close.

Mcmillen would have helped this program. It is a big loss and I dont care where he is from.

"Mcmillen would have helped this program. It is a big loss and I dont care where he is from."

How do you know? He hasn't played a down yet... We can put together a huge list of local players that were highly recruited, went to other schools and flamed out. Let's wait and see.

"Mcmillen would have helped this program. It is a big loss and I dont care where he is from."

How do you know? He hasn't played a down yet... We can put together a huge list of local players that were highly recruited, went to other schools and flamed out. Let's wait and see.

Exactly. You get it.

Give me a kid from a nearby neighborhood or steel town who was raised Pittsburgh tough. Send the kids from the burbs to WVU or ND where they can ride pine.

Reactions: joeypitt

Some will say it’s petty but I love it. PN is a competitive SOB & he has basically said before & is saying again F U if you think you are too good for Pitt.

The pic shows 2 local 4 stars (One is a lock for the NFL and the other has a good chance) whom he beat out lots of big names for and a local 2 star who is an NFL player.

If a local player thinks he’s too good for Pitt PN will go to another state and find equal or better talent. It’s not like he can’t recruit DB’s as he got (2) 4 stars Battle and Royal from GA & FL. And those kids faced far better talent than WPIAL kids will.

BTW all coaches lose local talent. Alabama just lost the number one player in the state of Alabama to Tennessee. Pitt got several VA kids that both VT and VA wanted. OSU took 2 top PSU targets. I could go on and on. The key is that you find other top players elsewhere. PN has done that several times. I recall that clown Jeter talked crap about Pitt and he has not done shit at Mich... Meanwhile PN went out and got Twyman who is a million times better than that shit talking WPIAL clown.

PN got the best local player last year in Hayes and he has a good shot to get the 2 best this year IMO with Johnson & Donald. I understand some kids want to get away but the ones like Jeter, The PSU midget and the PT kid that look down at a Pitt offer...F them. And when they want to transfer back to Pitt PN will say F them.

what's this about?

looks like an awesome tweet just by itself

Its a stupid tweet. He makes it sound like Hamlin, Ford, and Jackson are tough and a PIAA runner up is not. The Pitt guys may be better football players but I know where I would put my money if such a contest of toughness (aka a fight) happened. It would be on the wrestler who proved his toughness on a one on one situation countless times in the toughest state for the toughest sport.

To think a head football coach made this statement is classless and stupid. If James from state college made that statement you all would be up in arms.
Ok Mike from State College

Exactly. You get it.

Give me a kid from a nearby neighborhood or steel town who was raised Pittsburgh tough. Send the kids from the burbs to WVU or ND where they can ride pine.

I really don't think Mcmillon would ride pine down here.I'll take a 6'2" 195lb Piaa wrestling runner up every day of the week down here in Motown!Maybe he becomes an AA and maybe he doesn't but I'd love to have him.By the way Wvu was his #14 choice right above Pitt.

Last edited:

Bingo. Many kids who were supposed to be “Big Time” players have gone other places and have done nothing or were average at best. A few examples of the these guys as well as Pitt guys are:

-Jeter was a can’t miss according to the WPIAL players will all be stars ppl. He had Bama, OSU, ND, Georgia and on and on. So far he is a bust. He was ranked by this site as the #13 DT and a 4 star. Meanwhile Twyman was ranked the #48 DT and a 3 star. Twyman is a top 5 DT in the nation. I think PN more than made up for not getting big mouth Jeter.

-I’ll bring up the PSU midget again. How was he a 5 star can’t miss? He would be a back up at Pitt as our starting secondary are all better than him.

- PN got the lightly recruited Pinnock (only other offers were UCONN and BC) I’ll take him over the PSU midget any day. And our starting 2 star DE’s are pretty good.

-Kaezon Pugh was a local 4 star. Ppl complained PN didn’t use him right. He became a back up at Howard.

-How the heck was Pat Bostick a 4 Star?

-AJ Davis...I hope he has big year but so far he has done nothing in his 4 years. He was a major 4 star with offers from OSU, Georgia, Auburn, FL, FSU, Miami, Mich, Oklahoma, Oregon etc...you would think he was a cant miss.

I could go on and on... I think the kid in question has talent but as was stated we don’t know how he will pan out? There are very few can’t miss prospects and he’s not one of them. The S we got out of Philly has talent as well and could very well have a better career...who knows. It’s not the end of the world cause we didn’t get a WPIAL kid. PN has proven he can get talented secondary players and he will bring in some good ones.

What Pitt fans root for local kids that go elsewhere? I actively root against them. In fact, I hope McMillion has a career-ending knee injury and never gets to play a down. If that makes me a bad person, I dont care.

What Pitt fans root for local kids that go elsewhere? I actively root against them. In fact, I hope McMillion has a career-ending knee injury and never gets to play a down. If that makes me a bad person, I dont care.

Rooting against him - in terms of his team losing or sucking or maybe riding the bench - cool.

Rooting for a career ending injury - makes you a terrible human being. But it’s no shock.

That's the right attitude to have and without Pittsburgh, he won't have access to the proper medical care needed to have his knee fixed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT