ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi is a lunatic

It’s good enough to be in the tournament. They have done enough to make it and have done a helluva a lot more then some other teams that are currently ahead of them in the brackets.
that is my point. the talking heads can say whatever they want, or "talk their book", but at the end of the day, Pitt is up their with most of the bubble teams and as you say, many times better, and they are playing better. There is NO WAY a committee member can ignore the past 2 months of play.

Reactions: H-Burg Panther
Maybe they could just take Jay Bilas's word for it. He knows college hoops and declared after seeing them they are an ncaa tourney team, he doesn't need any advanced metrics!

No one needs advanced metrics. They do very little to help in the process. Pitt is a tournament team.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
And that is a dumb mistake. Did the college football committee look at total body of work when they bounced Florida State? No, they looked at their current situation with no starting quarterback.

Teams get better as the season progresses, only lunatics wouldn’t look at that. My opinion is Pitt is too small in the frontcourt with no depth in the front court but they deserve to be in the tournament
I agree, I'm just saying what the rules are. The NCAA doesn't pick the CFP teams for the college playoffs, they have different rules.

Reactions: mo cheeks
Maybe they could just take Jay Bilas's word for it. He knows college hoops and declared after seeing them they are an ncaa tourney team, he doesn't need any advanced metrics!

How bout he said he doesnt understand why non-con SOS is looked at? Right? He said it should be the total body of work.

DT, Totally respect your opinion, but I don't think he is close to on the money. Pitt is in, they did what they had to do. There are several bubble teams that are likely below Pitt, like TCU, Oklama and others. I have been consistent in saying we are in , a lock in Mo Cheeks bracket, with one ACC win. Having said that, we have the potential to beat North Carolina. Fede frustrated Bacot last year. If he can hang defensively with Bacot, with just modest help, that will be huge. If Hinson/Ish play close to what they did today, we have a decent shot. We need to battle for 40 minutes, and be in the game. need total team game.
No disrespect to your respectful disagreement, but my concern isn't just with Lunardi -- it's that nearly everyone doesn't have us in -- not just Lunardi.

There will be a recalibration. Unfortunately, many of the "bracketologists" have not Pitt ranked highly. This will change soon. They can't ignore the metrics.

There will be a recalibration. Unfortunately, many of the "bracketologists" have not Pitt ranked highly. This will change soon. They can't ignore the metrics.
Would not it be funny if Pitt is a 7-10 seed in the tourney? Objectively, they are there. Over teams like Northwestern.

Reactions: mo cheeks
Right now, we have the resume and profile of a team that for the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, up until these last couple years of metrics/computers insanity, would be a stone cold lock for an 8-9 game. It is mind blowing to me that anyone would think we aren't in. These guys like Lunardi think way too highly of themselves. He is a fraud who sits there studying printouts of all the alphabet metrics and has not watched actual basketball games.

A win tomorrow and we might even miss Dayton.
Totally agree. But I honestly don't think we should be in Dayton even now. We are worthy of a 10 seed at the absolute worst. Hoping that comments from Bilas and Shulman will carry some weight for us. And even Seth Greenberg. It shows that even the ESPN crowd doesn't buy Lunardi's nonsense.

Luke Hancock even pleaded with Lunardi after the game to rethink his brackets, knowing Pitt is worthy of the tournament!

We tend to be more negative as a fan base. Honestly, despite my belief that there is an agenda and the deck is stacked against the ACC, I do really think we will get in even with a loss tomorrow.

It would be unprecedented to have a team with our profile and resume with our 15 game heater we are on right now left out. The committee members are watching games, aren't they? They can't be just sitting there with spreadsheets and printouts. If they have been watching they see a Pitt team with a legit Sweet 16 look about them Most of these Big 12/East/Ten (Big Mediocre) bubble teams do not in any way resemble a Sweet 16 look.

Its what he is and it drives me crazy. We let the cable news outlets get away with it. But the ACC is literally, LITERALLY a business partner with ESPN and they let the St. Joseph's play by play guy influence the committee against the ACC.

ESPN needs to force him to "retire" and then hire a southern bracketologist to be favorable to their business partners, ACC and SEC
How about somebody who’s just unbiased and neutral? What a novel idea.

The committee members are watching games, aren't they? They can't be just sitting there with spreadsheets and printouts.

Only this week, they watch games. They have 80 hour/week jobs. Imagine Heather is on the committee. Do you think she's watching SJU vs Prov in February at 6:30 on a Tuesday or Utah State vs UNM at 10PM on a Thursday. Eff no

Totally agree. But I honestly don't think we should be in Dayton even now. We are worthy of a 10 seed at the absolute worst. Hoping that comments from Bilas and Shulman will carry some weight for us. And even Seth Greenberg. It shows that even the ESPN crowd doesn't buy Lunardi's nonsense.
And Greenberg is NO friend of Pitt. There is history there. 😏

Reactions: H-Burg Panther
Only this week, they watch games. They have 80 hour/week jobs. Imagine Heather is on the committee. Do you think she's watching SJU vs Prov in February at 6:30 on a Tuesday or Utah State vs UNM at 10PM on a Thursday. Eff no

In 2024, you still think that the only way to watch a college basketball game is live and in it's original time slot.

I'm not sure anything else needs said.

Reactions: BFo8
DT, Totally respect your opinion, but I don't think he is close to on the money. Pitt is in, they did what they had to do. There are several bubble teams that are likely below Pitt, like TCU, Oklama and others. I have been consistent in saying we are in , a lock in Mo Cheeks bracket, with one ACC win. Having said that, we have the potential to beat North Carolina. Fede frustrated Bacot last year. If he can hang defensively with Bacot, with just modest help, that will be huge. If Hinson/Ish play close to what they did today, we have a decent shot. We need to battle for 40 minutes, and be in the game. need total team game.
I have been consistent in saying we are in

19509213.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT