ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi trolls Pitt

The man who finished 165th in this years bracktmatrix.
Regardless of where he finished, do you think he’s wrong?

I sure can’t think of much else to be the primary reason why we were left out over the other bubble teams, particularly UVA.

Only other consideration is just the overall view of the ACC vs the other conferences. That could explain the other bubble teams but obviously not UVA.

Reactions: brickfhouse
In fairness, he was being attacked vigorously by Pitt fans on Twitter. A little turnabout, (while maybe not well advised) isn’t unfair. He’s paid to make a projection, he did and, wrt Pitt, he ended up correct.

Reactions: upj87
I can't imagine how autistic you have to be to weight non-conference SOS above overall SOS. It's so dumb that it shouldn't even be kept track of.

It's like telling someone they can't win the Silver Slugger Award because, even though they hit .320 and the next closest guy hit .305, they didn't face very good pitchers in day games.

I mean they obviously don't care how you perform in non-conference games (see: West Virginia, Michigan, VCU, and Vanderbilt losses last season vs only one good OOC win). You just have to have a good non-conference SOS, because some autistic boner didn't realize what a blindspot this is and we keep rolling with it.

I can't imagine how autistic you have to be to weight non-conference SOS above overall SOS. It's so dumb that it shouldn't even be kept track of.

It's like telling someone they can't win the Silver Slugger Award because, even though they hit .320 and the next closest guy hit .305, they didn't face very good pitchers in day games.

I mean they obviously don't care how you perform in non-conference games (see: West Virginia, Michigan, VCU, and Vanderbilt losses last season vs only one good OOC win). You just have to have a good non-conference SOS, because some autistic boner didn't realize what a blindspot this is and we keep rolling with it.

I dont mind it if its like the final tiebreaker and you cant decide but for teams like FAU and Dayton to get seeded so high with terrible SOS's, few good wins and some really terrible losses (FAU) and for UVa, CSU, and Boise to make it over Pitt, who had a better SOS, I cant deal with it. On the other hand, Pitt has to realize this and cant be playing 7 cupcakes. OU didnt get in for the same reason. Oklahoma's SOS was outstanding. But the 13 games they played outside the B12 was bad. 274. Dayton's SOS was 92. FAU 99, the lowest of the at-large teams.

I dont mind it if its like the final tiebreaker and you cant decide but for teams like FAU and Dayton to get seeded so high with terrible SOS's, few good wins and some really terrible losses (FAU) and for UVa, CSU, and Boise to make it over Pitt, who had a better SOS, I cant deal with it. On the other hand, Pitt has to realize this and cant be playing 7 cupcakes. OU didnt get in for the same reason. Oklahoma's SOS was outstanding. But the 13 games they played outside the B12 was bad. 274. Dayton's SOS was 92. FAU 99, the lowest of the at-large teams.
Dayton plays cupcakes for almost three months, once conference platly starts. That shouldn't matter more than playin cupcakes for half the amount of time early in the season?

Reactions: rju103
Regardless of where he finished, do you think he’s wrong?

I sure can’t think of much else to be the primary reason why we were left out over the other bubble teams, particularly UVA.

Only other consideration is just the overall view of the ACC vs the other conferences. That could explain the other bubble teams but obviously not UVA.
I could care less if he is wrong. I just get tired of being force fed lunardi with every damn game I watch on ESPN. But ESPN is the king of trying to make you think trash is awesome.

Reactions: Franb
In fairness, he was being attacked vigorously by Pitt fans on Twitter. A little turnabout, (while maybe not well advised) isn’t unfair. He’s paid to make a projection, he did and, wrt Pitt, he ended up correct.

If he wanted to post that in response to a Pitt fan, fine, but posting it to Pitt Basketball’s Twitter just makes him look like an unprofessional douchebag, imo. He’s just gross to watch, guarantee he has bad breath. Just has the look, lol

I could care less if he is wrong. I just get tired of being force fed lunardi with every damn game I watch on ESPN. But ESPN is the king of trying to make you think trash is awesome.
I could care less if he’s right or wrong as well. My only concern is that he’s more than likely right in this case and, hopefully, our coach learns something from it and schedules better rather than just pouting and feeling unfairly snubbed.

Reactions: brickfhouse
I could care less if he’s right or wrong as well. My only concern is that he’s more than likely right in this case and, hopefully, our coach learns something from it and schedules better rather than just pouting and feeling unfairly snubbed.
You mean that he should not schedule WVU and Missouri when they turn out to suck?

Its almost amazing that this guy is STILL talking about Pitt on his social media platform and Pitts non conference schedule as the sole reason Pitt didn't make it, lol. In fact, he took it one step further. He said Pitt had no business even being considered for the tournament this year.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
You mean that he should not schedule WVU and Missouri when they turn out to suck?
I agree with the sentiment here: if WVU didn’t melt down after Huggins lost his way, and Oregon St and Missouri weren’t required opponents, it is likely that our SOS would have been fine. None of those were in our control.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Finally, the whole idea of deciding the game#1 should count the same as game #31 is ridiculous. That eliminates the whole idea of team improvement and development. 90% of the NCAAT field was decided before any conference games were played because of OOC scheduling and results.

Whoever has control of the schedule doesn't know what they are doing, its pretty clear or else Pitt would be in, but keep doing the same thing for their ego, and similar results will occur from time to time.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Whoever has control of the schedule doesn't know what they are doing, its pretty clear or else Pitt would be in, but keep doing the same thing for their ego, and similar results will occur from time to time.
Alternatively, regardless of the schedule, Pitt would have been in if they had won a few more games.

Reactions: Parkview57

West Virginia and Missouri being worse than expected didn't help. But we scheduled North Carolina A&T and Binghampton and Florida Gulf Coast and Jacksonville and Canisius and South Carolina State and we knew we were very likely to play Oregon State in Brooklyn, and there was no reason what so ever to think that any of those teams would be anything other than bad.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT