ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt doesn’t get blown out like that…

Joe Lunardi just crunches the numbers used and is amazingly spot on as far how those who make the selections go. I don't get the hate for this guy..

I think because he is so visibile and it’s clear this “committee” aren’t basketball experts.

It’s like a jury that’s fed a bunch of information before the trial.

Not accounting for an imbalanced in conference schedule was a fatal flaw.

I think because he is so visibile and it’s clear this “committee” aren’t basketball experts.

It’s like a jury that’s fed a bunch of information before the trial.

Not accounting for an imbalanced in conference schedule was a fatal flaw.
classic egg or chicken...Is it Lunardi influencing the committee or is It Lunardi knowing how the committee thinks (or mindlessly derives via metrics) to begin with...Somehow every fan base left out gripes about being unjustly slighted but these committee guys don't see the same thing within their own little bubble of college basketball? If I'm on the committee I'm thinking I know better than the goof with the Austin Powers teeth and I am going to use my own sound judgement. Wouldn't you? Numbers overriding everything is now the nature of the beast and Lunardi is just regurgitating what the numbers say...

Joe Lunardi just crunches the numbers used and is amazingly spot on as far how those who make the selections go. I don't get the hate for this guy..
He's awful compared to others in his industry, that's why.

Karma. The “Committee” looks foolish.
Not really. Virginia looks foolish.

UVA was 31-2 with a #1 seed (17-1 in the ACC - ACC regular season and tourney champs) and lost in the first round by 20 to a 16 seed six years ago. Should that team have been left out of the tourney or have been seeded lower? I don't think so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT