ADVERTISEMENT

Luther really

I'm still waiting to see if there are any ACC level players on this team. So far, I don't see any, including Carr. And we're back to the same old Pitt....poor defense and a bunch of turnovers. Against a poor team where Carr should have scored 25.

The ACC season is only a few weeks away. Where will we get wins once that starts?

I'm still waiting to see if there are any ACC level players on this team. So far, I don't see any, including Carr. And we're back to the same old Pitt....poor defense and a bunch of turnovers. Against a poor team where Carr should have scored 25.

The ACC season is only a few weeks away. Where will we get wins once that starts?
WE Won't! So make sure you are taking a double dose of your blood pressure medicine so you are ready for the ACC. I can't wait to hear that incessant whining of yours after each and every game they lose. You need to get a grip! Marcus Carr is a better guard than any of the guards that your hero Dixon brought in here over the last so many years of his Pitt career. You want wins, watch Duke or Carolina. You want to be a Pitt fan, then you have no choice but to try and relax and grow with the kids Stallings brought in. Or, I guess you do have a choice, you can spend the rest of the year bitching.

WE Won't! So make sure you are taking a double dose of your blood pressure medicine so you are ready for the ACC. I can't wait to hear that incessant whining of yours after each and every game they lose. You need to get a grip! Marcus Carr is a better guard than any of the guards that your hero Dixon brought in here over the last so many years of his Pitt career. You want wins, watch Duke or Carolina. You want to be a Pitt fan, then you have no choice but to try and relax and grow with the kids Stallings brought in. Or, I guess you do have a choice, you can spend the rest of the year bitching.

To play devil’s advocate, there were games we won against teams like seton hall and providence by 10 points, there would be a ton of whining...then when we lost a game to fall to 10-4 in big east play, there would be MASSIVE meltdowns.

That whining and complaining was not deserved...however when your ACC team is going to OT against an NEC team I think complaints are quite fair.

Ignore him 88. Most do.

Reactions: 88Pitt88
Many mistakes of having not been there, having not done that before will be a consistent narrative this season. Young team, no margin for error, and a tough conference in which to play even with a more mature roster. Especially alarming when Luther has been close to a double-double most games this season.

Should have scored 25, only got 23. And the bum also missed a foul shot.

Seriously, with all the legitimate things to whine about, you pick Carr's scoring?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
What is going on with Frame?

He doesn't seem to move much without the ball. Seems to be more effective when freelancing. Maybe he looked better early on when the offense was more chaotic and is struggling to find his role in a more set offense now.

frame looked like an ACC level player in the second half

To be clear, I meant early on in the season rather than last night. Last night he was quiet for 2/3 of the game when Pitt was building a lead. When things started falling apart he began to score. I'm not sure if that's because he felt a need to step up, or if he just plays better when improvising.

struggling tonight.
I could be wrong, but I thought their comeback really started when Luther picked up his 4th foul. Kene just does not defend anywhere near the level he needs to.

I probably would have rolled the dice and put Luther back in (before the lead was more than cut in half) much earlier than Stallings did.

Luther's absence is probably the simplest explanation for why the game was much closer than it should have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88Pitt88
Luther has really improved from last year.
Frame sometimes seems out of gas early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT