ADVERTISEMENT

Lyke presser today...one interesting note

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
Lyke i thought was very open about her thoughts on the various programs.

Said 6-5 essentially is not good enough. Said she will never dictate to her coaches what to do, but said she and narduzzi have talked about certain areas of improvement including in close games. She specifically mentioned the penalties. Says narduzzi clearly knows that is a problem, but hearing lyke kind of address it is good in my opinion...because she is right. We all see it. Way too many stupid penalties. And ultimately narduzzi is responsible for fixing that...

I am glad she addressed it as well. So tired of watching penalties, dropped passes and lack of discipline. We could have won a few more games alone over the past couple of seasons if we would have stopped stupid penalties....

Duzz needs to recruit better and coach better period and we could win 9 and 10 every other year

Duzz needs to recruit better and coach better period and we could win 9 and 10 every other year
Yup. However it starts with discipline. (Penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, missed kicks, etc…) If you are constantly beating yourself it won’t matter how much talent you have. Eventually it will catch up with you.

In our hey day, you never saw the constant mental errors and mistakes week after week after week. If you saw it one week, but by God you didn’t see it the next.

Last edited:

Just the truth. Take Pitt's average wins and I bet the last 5 years, or last 10, or last 20 all would average to about 7 wins. That's the program Pitt is. And PN recruits almost exactly the same as every coach Pitt has had over the last 20 years. How much more evidence do you need? It's not him.

Just the truth. Take Pitt's average wins and I bet the last 5 years, or last 10, or last 20 all would average to about 7 wins. That's the program Pitt is. And PN recruits almost exactly the same as every coach Pitt has had over the last 20 years. How much more evidence do you need? It's not him.
Don’t feel like working on Friday so I did this. Starting with the 7-5 2000 season through last year, we’ve had an average record of 7.1-5.5.

I think it's actually closer to 8 than 7 since 2000 but agree with the general thought here.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I think it's actually closer to 8 than 7 since 2000 but agree with the general thought here.

And I think those in charge at Pitt generally know and accept Pitt's football status. For example, who was the last coach Pitt fired mainly because he didn't win enough?

Chryst left.
Fraud left.
Haywood fired before he even began.
Wanny... I'd argue he was fired for other reasons.
Walt... I can't remembered but didn't his agent embarrass Pitt and put them in a corner?
Majors? Yeah, probably because he didn't win enough... but that was with a very pitiful 2-3 wins per year. I think 7-8 wins per year is considered acceptable for Pitt.

And if Pitt has a decent season this year (8+ regular season or 9+ with bowl win)... and they might with an experienced QB... then PN is going to be seen as very successful.

Last edited:
I think more depth is the solution for improving discipline—that is, if the coach is willing to sit offenders. The depth is getting there. Too many dumbass penalties after timeouts or changes of possession and the players aren’t always the reason. The staff needs to be more crisp.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
And I think those in charge at Pitt generally know and accept Pitt's football status. For example, who was the last coach Pitt fired mainly because he didn't win enough?

Chryst left.
Fraud left.
Haywood fired before he even began.
Wanny... I'd argue he was fired for other reasons.
Walt... I can't remembered but didn't his agent embarrass Pitt and put them in a corner?
Majors? Yeah, probably because he didn't win enough... but that was with a very pitiful 2-3 wins per year. I think 7-8 wins per year is considered acceptable for Pitt.

And if Pitt has a decent season this year (8+ regular season or 9+ with bowl win)... and they might with an experienced QB... then PN is going to be seen as very successful.
Mark Packer thinks Pitt is going to be good and likes HCPN

Reactions: pittmeister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT