ADVERTISEMENT

WR talk, Bub, Underwood

A majority of these observations came from when I rewatched the Wake game. There's really not one player on the entire O-line that isn't at fault this year. More often than not, someone is messing up.
You can literally watch a quarter of any college football game and find a lot of those same mistakes. Actually, you can just save time and watch any possession. It's all relative.

Pitt had over 400 yds of offense & didn't give up a sack against a decent defense. It is what it is.

Pitt had over 400 yds of offense & didn't give up a sack against a decent defense. It is what it is.

A lot of the yardage is due to the amount of plays run. They didn’t have a particularly impressive per play average.

Wake was content to just play to punt and dare the Pitt offense to do anything. Which kinda speaks for itself.

Reactions: imrealangry
If you go to F+ “Game Grader” and go to offensive splits:

Pitt had a -15.1 OV against Wake. That’s value generated on offense.

That’s the second worst offensive performance on the year behind only the WVU game, which was an insane -25.1.
Which is actually one of the worst graded offensive performances in a game in all of college football for the season. Not many teams break -25.

A lot of the yardage is due to the amount of plays run. They didn’t have a particularly impressive per play average.

Wake was content to just play to punt and dare the Pitt offense to do anything. Which kinda speaks for itself.
I don't think Wake, or any team, is "content" to punt. They were just limited in what they could do and what their staff is comfortable they can execute offensively.

Wake played 2 high safeties all day. They weren't getting beat deep. When you fail to convert short yardage situations and the QB doesn't execute on 3rd down, that's what happens. It's the guy's second start. What did you expect?

I don't think Wake, or any team, is "content" to punt. They were just limited in what they could do and what their staff is comfortable they can execute offensively.

Wake played 2 high safeties all day. They weren't getting beat deep. When you fail to convert short yardage situations and the QB doesn't execute on 3rd down, that's what happens. It's the guy's second start. What did you expect?

The point isn’t expectation.

You seem to be arguing that the Wake game is evidence of a good offensive performance.

It’s not.

That’s my only point. The yards were largely due to the defense giving the ball back to the offense, so sheer volume.

And it graded out as Pitt’s second worst offensive performance of the season. And that’s saying something.

the 3rd down issues were the OC fault, CV executed pretty well on 3rd downs when given the chance.

You can literally watch a quarter of any college football game and find a lot of those same mistakes. Actually, you can just save time and watch any possession. It's all relative.

400 yards to only score 21. The offensive scheme isn't good and the O Line is almost as bad. We've got to call a spade a spade here. CV playing as well as he did with no support from those two is incredible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT