ADVERTISEMENT

Lyke screwed up with Narduzzi

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
and she knows it. She wrongly made the assumption that Pitt upsetting #2 Miami at the end of the season was a "turning point". It wasn't.

No reason to extend Narduzzi. None. I hope she negotiated a low buy-out? As he's showing a lot of faults.

Oh well, time to fix it and move on.

Actually, I respectfully disagree. Not for the fact that Narduzzi was/is a hot commodity, but
the Miami game forced her hand for recruiting and program perception. If you look historically,
wanny’s breakout came right after the 5-7 season and the huge wvu win.(with The Clemson win 2 years ago and the Miami win last year, its hard to blame her. It looked like the team was turning the corner. Most here thought a bigger season was upon us.

Heinsight is always 20-20....

Jmho

Actually, I respectfully disagree. Not for the fact that Narduzzi was/is a hot commodity, but
the Miami game forced her hand for recruiting and program perception. If you look historically,
wanny’s breakout came right after the 5-7 season and the huge wvu win.(with The Clemson win 2 years ago and the Miami win last year, its hard to blame her. It looked like the team was turning the corner. Most here thought a bigger season was upon us.

Jmho

dJ8VEdQn_400x400.jpg

Jmho

Respectfully, Recruiting? How'd that work out?

Jmho
"Hot commodity?" You read to many tabloids. Where was he going to go? ND...MSU... they have the money to buy out

"Hot commodity?" You read to many tabloids. Where was he going to go? ND...MSU... they have the money to buy out

My mistake, should of said not like he was a hot commodity/is.......ty...just noticed my error thanks to you

Wasn't Narduzzi already under contract for another 4 years? If so then it was a 3-year extension.
if that is true and he WAS under a 4-year contract, then why was the extra 3 years needed for recruiting/program perception?

Reactions: pbrad
I domt really know much about contracts other than buying my home from the previous owner without a realtor. I know in simplistic terms that you can put whatever the hell in there as your terms. Seems to me Pitt is tightlipped about terms. A quick Google search reveals nothing but news releases. So Im not sure noone knows.

Playing the Devil’s Advocate, Could it be maybe Heather reworked it as a preventative measure? Maybe sweetened the deal and increased his salary with 4 years left on the original, while reducing a buyout but sweetened with incentives, which I would be sure he isnt meeting now.

She wasnt involved in his hiring, and i think Barnes first extended him in 2015, correct? We all know about Barnes’ contracts... Maybe, just maybe, she isnt to blame....maybe there was an agreement to a low buyout in exchange for incentives, because, after all as someone stated, all of us were VERY hopeful as this year began

Reactions: Delpanther
All of you ranting of stupidity of keeping Narduzzi fail to follow up with convincing argument that there's even the remotest chance the replacement would be better.
Nor the acknowledgment that for a great program to exist, a head coach is merely one cog in the wheel of a well coordinated joint effort that includes trustees, chancellor, multiple agreeable deans (keeping a lid on their faculty), generous and aggressive boosters freed up to make a difference, sponsors (willing to give cars, bling, phony jobs), AD that realizes where the money sport is (and it ain't volleyball), academic support people, compliant police and media.

Throwing a different HC into the same mix of garbage is not going to make it smell any sweeter.

All of you ranting of stupidity of keeping Narduzzi fail to follow up with convincing argument that there's even the remotest chance the replacement would be better.
Nor the acknowledgment that for a great program to exist, a head coach is merely one cog in the wheel of a well coordinated joint effort that includes trustees, chancellor, multiple agreeable deans (keeping a lid on their faculty), generous and aggressive boosters freed up to make a difference, sponsors (willing to give cars, bling, phony jobs), AD that realizes where the money sport is (and it ain't volleyball), academic support people, compliant police and media.

Throwing a different HC into the same mix of garbage is not going to make it smell any sweeter.

I agree. Narduzzi is down on the pecking order as far as problems at Pitt.
I fully agree with you that a new coach will basically net the same results. Pitt, for
30 years has been a 6-6,7-5 type program.
Watching Chryst leave and perform at Whisky has really opened my eyes to institutional
support. Alvarez and their University get the balance between academics and football.

There are so many glaring issues in play at Pitt. The only thing a new
coach will do is restore some optimism, that will fade 3 years into their tenure.

1. Lack of blatant cheating/stretching the rules
2. Lack of big money donors.
3. Lack of full institutional support
4. Small fan base for college fb
5. And yes lack of stadium. Only Pitt could not see the importance
of keeping the land that the stadium was on for a future site. Like it or not
on campus stadiums adds to the college experience and give programs
an identity. If playing in a pro stadium was a great attraction , Minnesota,Houston,TCU
Miami Fl, Temple would still be doing it. The day they built the Pete, was the day
that the administrations deemphasized football.jmho
6.Narduzzi

Jmho, P9x1

Last edited:
Reactions: freddietee511

The current coach can't recruit, hire, or coach. He is being paid very well, too. There absolutely should be an expectation another coach could do a better job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT