ADVERTISEMENT

Mac Stout to Pitt

Having Two Wrestlers in the NCAA Finals and you are now Starting to see the benefits of the momentum on the recruiting trail.
Priest and now Stout. Wonder if his brother would consider a transfer from Princeton?

Having Two Wrestlers in the NCAA Finals and you are now Starting to see the benefits of the momentum on the recruiting trail.
Priest and now Stout. Wonder if his brother would consider a transfer from Princeton?

it was definitely a weird year for the guys in the Ivy League. It would be cool to have both Stouts on the team because they’re both definitely talented.

it was definitely a weird year for the guys in the Ivy League. It would be cool to have both Stouts on the team because they’re both definitely talented.
Wrestling the same weight could be a problem.

True, but Luke looks like he's going to be built like his Dad. Though I'm not sure he'd want to be a HW.
That sets up an interesting situation with Cooley then. He may want that 197 spot after Nino is done and may be more prepared to take it than Stout at that point their careers. Maybe Stout cant even make 197 at that point too if he is indeed built like his dad. Will be interesting to see how it all transpires

Reactions: _DBHoops
That sets up an interesting situation with Cooley then. He may want that 197 spot after Nino is done and may be more prepared to take it than Stout at that point their careers. Maybe Stout cant even make 197 at that point too if he is indeed built like his dad. Will be interesting to see how it all transpires
Penn state, Iowa and many elite programs have that issue, if a kid is a battler he is not worried about competion because he will get better scrapping with the best.

Reactions: Silkky1982
Not really, the best guy will start and there is a good chance the other will transfer just the way college wrestling works in now for all but a couple of programs.

I’m not a huge/overly knowledgeable wrestling fan but follow a little bit the Pitt team and some HS wrestling in NE Ohio where I live (Boardman). Obviously Stout is a talent as he won state as a soph it appears, but is it unusual he has 15+ career losses? I know Western PA (along with NE Ohio) are pretty elite HS wrestling areas. But most state champ contenders I tend to see in Ohio have maybe a few losses at most in a season or may be undefeated. Not sure if there’s more big tournaments he participated in, but just curious if this is common to have that many losses as an elite/D1 recruit.

I’m not a huge/overly knowledgeable wrestling fan but follow a little bit the Pitt team and some HS wrestling in NE Ohio where I live (Boardman). Obviously Stout is a talent as he won state as a soph it appears, but is it unusual he has 15+ career losses? I know Western PA (along with NE a son and in tournamentsOhio) are pretty elite HS wrestling areas. But most state champ contenders I tend to see in Ohio have maybe a few losses at most in a season or may be undefeated. Not sure if there’s more big tournaments he participated in, but just curious if this is common to have that many losses as an elite/D1 recruit.
At higher weight classes freshman usually do not do very well and get losses early in their career. Stout also faced big time competition during the season and tournaments. He could have wrestled some top guys three times in one year.

I’m not a huge/overly knowledgeable wrestling fan but follow a little bit the Pitt team and some HS wrestling in NE Ohio where I live (Boardman). Obviously Stout is a talent as he won state as a soph it appears, but is it unusual he has 15+ career losses? I know Western PA (along with NE Ohio) are pretty elite HS wrestling areas. But most state champ contenders I tend to see in Ohio have maybe a few losses at most in a season or may be undefeated. Not sure if there’s more big tournaments he participated in, but just curious if this is common to have that many losses as an elite/D1 recruit.
Lots of good PA kids will take 8+ losses their freshman and sometimes soph year, it just comes from the higher level of competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT