ADVERTISEMENT

Maluk committment

Pittisit4me

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2019
He is announcing Friday. Down to Pitt, Ohio St, Florida st, Oregon, and LSU. Do we have a shot here, or is Leonard Hamilton going to add another big to his stable??

I actually thought we were the only official? Unless I’m confusing one of his several unofficial visits.

Would make sense for FSU. They always get guys like him

Pitt was one of his officials but FSU was his latest. BBinsider said in the other thread earlier today that he’s heading to FSU. I guess we’ll see.

Agreed. I have been on the record for much longer than 6 months. I don't see it with this one.
If he wants to come here, you do it. If he wanted to be a post who can also step out, he’d be the best prospect on the roster. He wants to be a wing who can post. He’s in for a rude awakening on a college campus.

The only thing that sucks is meleek Thomas’ mentor tweeting out what a great decision to go enjoy sunshine

If he wants to come here, you do it. If he wanted to be a post who can also step out, he’d be the best prospect on the roster. He wants to be a wing who can post. He’s in for a rude awakening on a college campus.

The only thing that sucks is meleek Thomas’ mentor tweeting out what a great decision to go enjoy sunshine

The speed of his shot is kind of where JDG was coming out of IMG maybe worse - Looks very slow which he gets away with in the WPIAL. I don't think he is anywhere near JDG's overall skill level at that age.

I think his whole game will need reworked in college for him to find success.

If it comes down to it, I’d rather invest every resource into chasing Thomas versus blowing the budget a year and a half early for Maluk. Even if that ends up with us going 0/2.

If it comes down to it, I’d rather invest every resource into chasing Thomas versus blowing the budget a year and a half early for Maluk. Even if that ends up with us going 0/2.

Pitt obviously wanted Alier Maluk. I wanted him only as a center and not at any other position. But with all due respect to Maluk, he wasn't in our top 3 overall targets in 2025.

We are putting in a ton of effort into Derek Dixon, who has already visited here twice. Dixon will find himself in the National Top 50 at minimum. We are at worst top 3 with Dixon and may lead to get him as of today, we have a great relationship built with him and we got in very early. He will visit here again. The one caveat here is that Norm Roberts and Kansas are starting to get involved.

The speed of his shot is kind of where JDG was coming out of IMG maybe worse - Looks very slow which he gets away with in the WPIAL. I don't think he is anywhere near JDG's overall skill level at that age.

I think his whole game will need reworked in college for him to find success.
JDG was 19 at IMG and Maluk is barely 17. That’s not really a fair comparison. If Maluk figures it out, he has a much higher ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT