ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland 18 Pitt 16

persp

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
Tough loss. Refs did the home team no favors. Should have won this one

125: Camacho was in control of the match late in the second up 4-1, but got caught on a follow through attempt on a granby. Kid stepped over and that was it. Shocking end to that match.

133: Phillippi started slow but controlled the match. I like that he was looking for a turn at the end. Good mentality

141: Cole did what he could against a guy that was scared to engage him. Probably see a lot of that here this year

149: Badgett competes hard but he is what he is right now: a serviceable, fringy HM kind of guy. Its not a hole, but its not a solid spot either.

157: Holy gas out, Batman! Casto was cooked late in the second. Curious if there is more to the story there. An illness maybe?

165: Holden Heller looked great. Its almost like he gets excited when people shoot on him. SUPER aggressive shot defense. He is gonne be really fun to watch

174: "The Fitzgerald Screw Job" - Maybe its not that extreme. But it did cost Pitt the match. A ref's mistake should never cost a team a match. I dont like that rule that allowed it

184: Reece Heller looked really good, but seemed to gas a bit as well. Took what looked like a sure major into kind of a flat ending decision. The Hellers were great additions

197: HUGE win by Nino. The 8-2 score is as emphatic as it looks. It was Nino's match from start to finish. He looks extremely determined. Epic start to a potentially epic season.

HWT: Slinger had some moments but was outclassed in the end. Pitzer watch continues...

Good recap. I was watching and turned my head during the Camacho match when he was up 4-1 and then...he was pinned. Literally missed in a 5 second look away!

What mistake did the ref make at 174?

Good recap. I was watching and turned my head during the Camacho match when he was up 4-1 and then...he was pinned. Literally missed in a 5 second look away!

What mistake did the ref make at 174?
Called a takedown too early and cost Augustine the match. If he waited 3 seconds it would have been a non review situation. Really bad mistake for a ref at this level. Just not acceptable.

Passive Pitt. Poor on their feet. Give up the leg way too often. Highest ranked wrestlers on the team get no extra points. Castro shot his load in the first period. Heller brothers look good. Luca got F’d. Nino gets win 100, Hwt had no chance. We lose to Big Ten bottom feeder. Before he got decked Camacho looked decent.

Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT