ADVERTISEMENT

Matta to Georgia?

crosbymalkin8771

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2009
There’s traction to this, per Rothstein:

Former Ohio State Buckeyes head basketball coach Thad Matta is a serious candidate for the current head coaching vacancy at Georgia, multiple sources have informed FanRag Sports. A source also informed FanRag Sports that Matta has told confidants that he’s intrigued with the idea of coaching and living in the South.

As a result, discussions between both sides could begin as early as Sunday.

I’m impatient and will thus be frustrated if Georgia, UConn hire coaches before Pitt.

Hard not to be a pessimist in this whole thing. I’ll try my best not to overreact when they end up hiring some no name. He’ll deserve a chance at least.

Best thing about hiring a no-name is you should be able to get a performance-based contract with a low buy out for poor W-L performance.

Best thing about hiring a no-name is you should be able to get a performance-based contract with a low buy out for poor W-L performance.
Not to mention Ben Howland and Jamie were pretty much no names when they came in. Not to say a no name would bring this program back to that level, but who knows. Likewise, a “big name” could fail.

Reactions: pittmeister
I hope we at least explored Matta as an option if he ends up at Georgia but i did hear he wasn’t a candidate here last week. Maybe we’re scared off by his back issues. Idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary2
Matt's and ole miss part ways.....and matta is intrigued with coaching and living down south?

Could be nothing I suppose....

But if matta is the guy Heather wants than eff georgia....eff the sunscreen.....go get him.

Yep. Who knows what is true. Georgia can have a shot at a handful of fairly big names.

Does anyone think the current mess between Lyke/admin and Stallings is going to scare some candidates away? Maybe until a resolution is reached?

No. This is fake news conjured by local hack media and fueled by a few dopey Pitt fans and opportunistic Pitt-bashers on social media.

Reactions: PittFathead87
I agree, not an issue. HL needs to focus on hiring the next coach and let the attorneys focus on KS. KS tenure and separation will not keep a coach that would otherwise come not come to Pitt. It is all about HL being able to get the commitment from Pitt, and their are indications she has that, then selling that vision to potential coaches.
I believe if Pitt is terminating for cause they have some ligitamate reasons. But HL needs to focus on new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT