ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Ffrench named preseason All-American by CBS Sports

I'll never forgive Watson for what he did to our last All-American return man.....

it's pretty simple--get the ball in the hands of your most explosive players as often and in as many ways as you possibly can.

Hopefully Ffrench can break out as a WR this year. I'm sure Whipple will make him a proper focal point. Whether Pickett can take care of his end of the equation remains to be seen.

I'll never forgive Watson for what he did to our last All-American return man.....

it's pretty simple--get the ball in the hands of your most explosive players as often and in as many ways as you possibly can.

Hopefully Ffrench can break out as a WR this year. I'm sure Whipple will make him a proper focal point. Whether Pickett can take care of his end of the equation remains to be seen.
You can’t tell me Watson wasn’t a big reason why henderson left early to go be a UFA in the nfl.

Well he graduated and is currently on a pre season NFL roster. I highly doubt whoever the OC was going to be this year Q was going to the NFL. Also, he knew the OC was changing before he entered his name.

You can’t tell me Watson wasn’t a big reason why henderson left early to go be a UFA in the nfl.

Well he graduated and is currently on a pre season NFL roster. I highly doubt whoever the OC was going to be this year Q was going to the NFL. Also, he knew the OC was changing before he entered his name.

Huh? Henderson left after the 2017 season, Watson's 1st at Pitt. There was no change in OC. Q's yards from scrimmage under Watson were half that of the year under Canada and he went from 6TDs to zero. There is no guarantee that he would've been as productive had Canada stayed, much less been drafted. But it isn't a stretch to think that Q's unimaginative utilization and lack of production under Watson in 2017 made him realize that another year wasn't going to further his prospects

Reactions: PHEONIX4
Henderson said exactly that in an interview with Harry P. The quote below is all you need to know about Watson. If you asked Weah, Aston or any tight end off the record and over a beer, I'm pretty sure you'd hear the same. Really have to question why Narduzzi hired Watson in the first place, and why as soon as he saw what he was doing with the O, or more importantly not doing with the playcalling on Saturdays, why he didn't insert himself into the equation. And how much of the offense the last couple of years was on Narduzzi himself, versus Watson? Dooz made no secret about the fact that he wanted to control the clock more and keep his defense off the field instead of the mixed-tempo quick strike stuff Canada was doing. He basically blamed the NC loss on that in 2016:

Why did you opt to declare for the NFL draft?

It was pretty much the last game and I started thinking and I wasn’t really touching the ball as much as I want my sophomore year. My production numbers are down I didn’t want to run that risk again next year. So I just decided to test the waters and enter into the draft.

I have the ability to make plays in an open space. I wasn’t going to be given the chance to do that this year on offensive side of the ball besides kick returns and punt returns.

Watson had a guy coming off a season where he had 86 touches on offense, nearly 1000 yards, 6 offensive TDs and averaged over 10 yards per touch--he took a weapon, an electric player, and basically relegated him to a nothing. Those numbers do not include Q's return stats and scores.

You don't say. I think I remember some members of the board talking about an on-campus stadium too.

They should put it off of The Blvd of The Allies where Dan Marino Field resides overlooking the river. It can have an entrance from Bates and it’s own ramp exiting off Forbes. It would connect the University to The Park and revitalize the area. There is already a hotel across the street

I remember many members of the board not liking this recruit
Really? Who didnt like him? He almost got a 4th star... From memory... I think most were pretty high on Q. I think many werent high on Ffrench, but Q had a lot of people that were really high on him.

Really? Who didnt like him? He almost got a 4th star... From memory... I think most were pretty high on Q. I think many werent high on Ffrench, but Q had a lot of people that were really high on him.

I meant Ffrench. I think some predicted him as a defensive back

Reactions: freddietee511
I don't remember anyone unhappy about taking Ffrench as a recruit. In fact did not Jimmy Franks make a late run at him, making Ffrench even more appealing to our fans once he kept to his commitment?

Typing his uniquely spelled last name, especially with self correcting smart phones, might be the only complaint I can recall!

I don't remember anyone unhappy about taking Ffrench as a recruit. In fact did not Jimmy Franks make a late run at him, making Ffrench even more appealing to our fans once he kept to his commitment?

Typing his uniquely spelled last name, especially with self correcting smart phones, might be the only complaint I can recall!
Nobody on the board has ever turned their noses up at a solid 3 star recruit. That's typically about as good as we've been able to get.
Now that would be a cool memory.
And just as fictional as the imaginary group of posters who bashed Ffrench after he committed. Not sure what motivates some of these posters to even post false-revisionist B.S. like that.

In fact, I don't think anyone was bitching about that 2016 class or anyone in it, on paper it was easily the best of the Chryst-Doozi era.

Yeah, he did. I think most were shocked though. That was a good time, because Pitt pulled a bunch of guys at one time. Matthews, Weaver, and Paris Ford was saying he was still committed for the following year. Ffrench was an early commit, and a lot of people thought he was a stretch. The knock on him was he was a flyer. Some liked him at db, but we had Avonte Maddox getting burnt, so we wanted bigger physical corners to play press coverage. As a wide receiver a lot werent high on him either. The fear was he would get arm tackled. He has done a lot though to justify his recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT