ADVERTISEMENT

Moe-bservations ACC Game #18 vs Cuse

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
-- Ladies and Gentlemen: let me introduce your 14-4 Pitt Panthers; currently #1 in the ACC by a 1/2 game over Miami!! Normally I'd say this last, but it's too cool to see and hear this after 90% of the regular season has been played

-- Despite having to watch the most boring final minutes of the UNC/Syracuse Men's Lacrosse match before the ACCN switched to Pitt v Syracuse Men's Basketball, the wait was worth it. Similar outcome: the Cuse lost in both games

-- The big screen next to the Pitt/Syr game was showing the FSU/UM game. I just marveled at how easily UM "toyed" with the Seminoles in the first half; figured that game was "over", and focused on the Pitt game

-- Fast forward ... the UM/FSU game became as exciting as ours, and after Cleveland sank the winning three, I thought "damn, Pitt could be #1 (unranked) in the ACC if we closed out the game in our second half

-- Unbelievable finishes everywhere; Iowa's comeback over MSU and ASU beating UA (a la FSU/Miami); Clemson pummeling NC State; UNC getting "off the bubble" with a win over UVA (note to self: watching Saturday NCAA games at a sports bar is a hoops' junkie's heaven)

-- Not a lot to be said about the Pitt game yesterday that hasn't already been said

-- As I mentioned in another's post (the poll about the best play), I really enjoyed G Diaz-Graham's kick out pass to Hinson for a three. The twins are contributing far more in all aspects of the game than I ever expected. A bit of body strength and weight over the summer and they'll be an inside presence and force for as long as they want to play for Pitt

-- 6 double-figure scorers (all 5 starters); 30 bench points including 2 by Fisch

-- 74 points scored (by Pitt) in the final 25 minutes ... just imagine if Pitt hadn't had the long (10 minute) scoring drought of points after being up 15-7 at the first TV timeout, and regaining a slight margin my halftime?

-- The game continued to be fun and exciting and entertaining all the way to the final buzzer, despite the margin of Pitt's victory. Cuse hung around within 3-4 possessions through most of the second half

-- Huge SO to the Oakland Zoo and the entire Pete fans yesterday! The noise was evident even in our crowded sports bar. And kudos to Blue 32 Sports Grill in Mesa for turning OFF the sound of the KY v Auburn game and turning ON the sound of the Pitt game

-- 21-8/14-4/1st place ... I think we finally get into the Top 25 in both polls ... barely

-- Let's root on the Panthers to seal the deal @ ND on Wednesday ... H2P!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT