ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe there were reasons we did not accept Troy Simons

Can’t shoot worth a shit either, has really struggled the games I’ve watched him this year.

No , KS is just an idiot for not signing Simons because the knowitalls on this board wanted him here and then they wanted information on why Pitt backed off . What did Kithcart do to warrant being kicked off the team ?
Sometimes there’s information that doesn’t need to be put out there to protect a players reputation . I know it’s hard to believe , but there where reasons why Simons and Kithcart aren’t here and KS being the “ worst coach in the history of bb “ isn’t one of them .

What difference does it make, so what if we had a guy suspended, I'd rather have a roster of criminals that could win games than the current sh!tshow.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
What difference does it make, so what if we had a guy suspended, I'd rather have a roster of criminals that could win games than the current sh!tshow.
Win at any cost?

It’d be great having guys beating up students and stealing stuff so pitt could win a few meaningless bb games . You need to get your priorities straight .

I think there was always reason to be concerned with him because he's got a very atypical basketball background. That doesn't mean he could not or would not have worked here.

Stevenson got ejected in the opener and KS himself got ejected last season. It certainly isn't something to celebrate, but it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: thirteenNINE

This guy doesn’t fit the bill. He’s shooting 31% from the field and 28% from 3.

Actually he would fit in well with this years team in retrospect I guess. He has been pretty much lousy when he’s played this season.

Reactions: rockypanther
The crew that went to bat for him in the Pittsburgh papers to smear Pitt

I don't recall that (but I'm not doubting you).

For what it's worth, from my understanding (from someone who talked to Matt Furjanic about it), is that Pitt gave no indication that they had any concerns with his attitude. The whole thing about him needing to become eligible also did not ring true, as there was never really any concern about him passing.

They were completely under the impression that Pitt wanted him, and then Pitt stopped communicating with him without a reason. And let just say that the usually very mild mannered Furjanic was none too pleased.

My hunch (and it's completely that) is that the staff didn't question Simons attitude. I think they simply changed their minds with their assessment that he was good enough and thought they could do better. And knowing that they ended up getting Kham and Parker, it looks like they just may have done this.

I don't recall that (but I'm not doubting you).

For what it's worth, from my understanding (from someone who talked to Matt Furjanic about it), is that Pitt gave no indication that they had any concerns with his attitude. The whole thing about him needing to become eligible also did not ring true, as there was never really any concern about him passing.

They were completely under the impression that Pitt wanted him, and then Pitt stopped communicating with him without a reason. And let just say that the usually very mild mannered Furjanic was none too pleased.

My hunch (and it's completely that) is that the staff didn't question Simons attitude. I think they simply changed their minds with their assessment that he was good enough and thought they could do better. And knowing that they ended up getting Kham and Parker, it looks like they just may have done this.
There were several people associated with this kid that wanted him to be a feel good story. When that did not come to fruition (for whatever reasons - public or private), those people were not happy about it and went out of their way to try to make Pitt look bad for not signing this player..

I am merely suggesting (seeing some of his recent behavior) that maybe there could have been some private reasons(not academic) this kid was not accepted as a recruit.

Last edited:
There were several people associated with this kid that wanted him to be a feel good story. When that did not come to fruition (for whatever reasons - public or private), those people were not happy about it and went out of their way to try to make Pitt look bad for not signing this player..

I am merely suggesting (seeing some of his recent behavior) that maybe there could have been some private reasons(not academic) this kid was not accepted as a recruit.

Let’s say he had “baggage” that was too much for us to deal with.

Yeah, I was looking for a Gorman story - I guess that was on the radio instead of the paper.

There could have been an article. Did Pittsburgh Sports Now do one? Either way, he has a felony rap sheet so we weren't taking him.

It’d be great having guys beating up students and stealing stuff so pitt could win a few meaningless bb games . You need to get your priorities straight .
It would be great if Stallings could actually recruit so he didn't have to even consider a guy like Simons. But when you can't recruit you don't have many options.

The serveral ppl were hopeful because he filled a huge need on this roster at a position of need.

The serveral ppl were hopeful because he filled a huge need on this roster at a position of need.
If you read the article I linked, it seems he has more problems than picking up the occasion technical in a game or two. I don't think he would have filled any need in any manner.

The players I would have liked to see here were the grad transfer guard (Mark Alstork) that ended up at Illinois and the high school big (Cheikh Mbacke Diong) that ended up at UNLV. Both looked like money in the bank for Pitt until they actually received money in the bank.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT