ADVERTISEMENT

Good article from Iowa State perspective

PITT 76

Scholarship
Apr 9, 2022
The article talks about how we were the opponent they wanted. Supposedly, we're not that good defensively while they are a top 10 defensive team. They also use West Virginia as a reference.

For anyone who forgot : WVU literally spanked us early in the season. They know WVU and might be making judgments from that.

I'm sure they realize that Pitt is a much better team than that version.

They also mention Blake Hinson. It was an interesting read and helps me understand things better. That paper allows 3 free articles so I hope this link gets you there.

From the ISU perspective, be careful what you wish for.
From an old timers perspective, basketball is not played from a ”wish list or a perspective board,” but from the hardwood. And it only takes five to play, and when they are well coached and clicking at the same time, nice things will happen.

There is no "supposedly" about it. We aren't that good defensively. They are, by points per possession, a top 10 defensive team. Our advantage is that our offense is good, and their offense is, well, not.

Yes. Strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness. I almost prefer it given we’ve proven we can perform against good defensive teams.

It’s going to be our outside shooting like it has been all year.

They can feel good about the matchup on paper all they want, but end of the day, a few run away wins aside, this team has been successful by keeping games close and finding a way to claw out wins before the buzzer sounds.

THAT is what this team is.

They very well may win, but I do hope they keep thinking like this, and this kind of talk burns JB, Nellie, Hinson and company, and hopefully JB's time on the bench helps with his knees and Fed Fed can play and with an extra game off has a little more spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT