ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Soccer ranked #5...

Kinda screwed around in the 1st Half without Petkovic and Jacquesson. Then they got subbed in and it was ovah!
Amazing. And on the women’s side, Greg Miller must be sitting back up in the northern burbs and shaking his head at what Coach Waldrum has been able to do. When Miller was here, he had no chance and no interest in the top local players. He let players like Latsko and Alina Stahl go and they dominate. Stahl was named national player of the week last week. That’s pretty impressive. While it remains to be seen if any of the local signings will make big impacts, Mertz is probably a notch below the players I mentioned, but she is showing that she can and will help that program.

Last edited:
Won last night vs nd. Sole possession of first place in Coastal

was great getting to attend a Pitt sporting event again on Saturday night. Thanks to Pitt's Athletic Dept for the invite.

I think they could do without the pumped in euro soccer white noise though.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think they could do without the pumped in euro soccer white noise though.

They did that for the Pitt - Duquesne women's game, and I said that there wouldn't be any crowd noise without the pandemic when there was a regular crowd there, so why did they feel the need to pump noise in when there is a pandemic and no (or, OK, a very small) crowd?

The funny thing was that every so often, at seemingly random times, the "crowd" would get fired up and start cheering louder. And I don't mean that when something interesting or exciting happened the "crowd" got louder. I mean at completely random times when little or nothing was actually going on the in the game the "crowd" would get louder. It was really weird.

They did that for the Pitt - Duquesne women's game, and I said that there wouldn't be any crowd noise without the pandemic when there was a regular crowd there, so why did they feel the need to pump noise in when there is a pandemic and no (or, OK, a very small) crowd?

The funny thing was that every so often, at seemingly random times, the "crowd" would get fired up and start cheering louder. And I don't mean that when something interesting or exciting happened the "crowd" got louder. I mean at completely random times when little or nothing was actually going on the in the game the "crowd" would get louder. It was really weird
I hate pumped in crowd noise. They also did it for football. I went to the Pitt/VT game and the artificial crowd noise was so annoying. I was actually looking forward to hearing some of the chatter on the field but the crowd noise was MUCH louder than a normal Pitt football crowd.

hate pumped in crowd noise. They also did it for football. I went to the Pitt/VT game and the artificial crowd noise was so annoying. I was actually looking forward to hearing some of the chatter on the field but the crowd noise was MUCH louder than a normal Pitt football crowd.

Believe it or not, I thought the fake crowd noise was much worse at the Notre Dame game than at the Virginia Tech game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT